End

Chanyeol's Epic Fail

 

“Chanyerr!”

I laugh, breathing heavily as I crumple to the floor.

There’s a feeling of calm in the room, as all twelve of us slump over on the ground, huffing and puffing after half an hour of rehearsing the same dance steps over and over again.

I’m made to stand at the back for the most part, because of a mixture of my obscene height and my fail at dancing.

But, as we all soon found out, everyone loves a tall, deep-voiced rapper.

Kai jumps up, smiling as he pushes the play button to the CD player once again, so that the backing track begins once again.

Suho huffs and puffs like an old grandpa as he attempts to pick himself up off the ground, sliding down the wall in resignation.

“Can we take ten?” he rasps.

Kris looks about the same, nursing his head. That was my fault, though. I accidentally flung my arm too to the left and whacked him on the head, sending him to the back wall.

“Kris, speak to me!” Tao shrieks, running across to him.

“Chanyeol! How could you!” Tao shouts at me, and I flinch.

“I’m sorry!” I say, creeping closer to Baekhyun. Baekhyun scowls at Tao, wrapping his arms around my chest possessively.

“At least learn how to control your arms,” Tao mumbles, lifting Kris off the ground.

“Come on guys, more dance practice!” Kai exclaims, doing a lap of the room, picking people up.

“No!” Sehun groans loudly, pushing Kai away.

“FINE! If you guys won’t dance with me, I’ll just have to go practice with Taemin!” Kai announces to the room grumpily, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“Do what you will, black man!” Chen yells, receiving a huff from said black dark-skinned man.

“NO!” Kyungsoo yells, jumping up from the floor, nursing a sprained wrist from hitting his hand on my chest too hard.

“GUYS! WE ARE PRACTICING! KAI CANNOT GO AND PESTER TAEMIN, OK?”

Chen smirks.

“Why, Kyungie-poo? Jealous?” he wiggles his eyebrows about, and Kyungsoo scowls at him, running over to slap him in a really girly way on the arm.

Kai smirks and walks over to his boyfriend, pressing his lips on Kyungsoo’s neck. Kyungsoo moans, pushing him away.

“Tired, babe?” Kai asks. Kyungsoo nods with a blush.

“Cool, then we’re done for the day,” he announces, completely changing his mind. He stalks over to the door, pressing his hand to the doorframe. He turns back, giving the group his usual ual pout.

“What’s for dinner?”

Kyungsoo looks like he’s going to throw something at Kai, most likely a frying pan. I giggle, picking myself up off the floor.

“How about we go to a restaurant?” I say, smiling widely.

“Sure,” Kai says, and Kyungsoo breathes a sigh of relief.

“Where should we go?” Kris asks, sifting through his wallet. There’s not much money in there anymore, seeing as he spent most of it on Tao for his birthday.

In that Gucci shop.

“I know an Italian down the street,” I say happily.

“Who’s gonna pay?” Kris grumbles.

“I will,” Suho says begrudgingly.

“Lord knows Chanyeol has no money at all. And you spend all your money on crap for Tao.”

“Hey!” Kris complains loudly.

“It’s not crap!” Tao pouts, directing his aegyo at Suho, receiving a scowl. Kris’ eyes cloud over and I can see he’s spontaneously combusting on the inside.

“Well don’t worry paying for me and Luhan, we’re going our own way,” Sehun says, taking Luhan’s hand.

“Huh? Where?” Luhan asks.

“It’s a surprise,” Sehun tickles Luhan, wrapping his arms around him. He nibbles on Luhan’s ear, and Luhan lets out a shrill squeak that makes me want to puke all over the place.

“Come on, Chanyeol, let’s get out of here…”

Baekhyun takes my hands in his, pulling me out the doorway behind Kai. We walk straight out the front doors of the SM Town building and down the busy streets. A few heads turn, but we ignore them.

“Where are we going?” I ask. Baekhyun gives me a smile.

“Just a place I found. I think you’ll like it.”

Baekhyun runs forward, dragging me along behind him. I know we look stupid, because I have to hunch over and walk with tiny steps whenever he decides to lead. Baekhyun is so cute when he’s excited about something.

“Here, Chanyeol!” he squeaks, pulling me to the side.

I gasp.

Somehow, we’ve managed to weave our way through the streets of Seoul to the Han River. The river runs along the roadside, and I can’t help but giggle as I find a slightly run-down park. There’s a slide, some monkey bars, and a swing.

Baekhyun shoves me over to the swing, forcing me to sit down. He steps up to the swing himself, placing his feet on either side of my sitting figure, standing up behind me and beginning to swing us together.

Baekhyun lets out his usual musical laugh, and I melt. I plant my feet on the ground, stopping the swing abruptly.

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asks, eyebrow creased. I laugh at him.

“Nothing, just this.”

I pull him down onto my lap, laughing as he blushes at me. I place my lips on his, and he kisses me back, letting our tongues dance.

Baekhyun runs his hands down my sides, and I arch up to him, letting my lips trail lower, until I’m his neck, leaving my mark. Management is going to hate this; they’re going to have to cover up the mark in the next few weeks of photo shoots.

I don’t care.

I realise then I don’t need to worry about the past, because I’ve got Byun Baekhyun as my future, and that’s all I need.