Entr'acte

Chanyeol's Epic Fail

 

“Baekhyun.”

Sehun’s voice is parched, rough and gravelly.

“Please open up.”

I sigh and open the door, letting him in. His eyes scan quietly over my furniture, a lifeless quality to them.

I know immediately that he knows that I dumped Chanyeol.

“Is this about Chanyeol?” I ask.

Sehun turns back to me, nodding his head.

Slap.

A burning sensation carves its way onto the skin of my left cheek. Tears sting in my eyes. I can feel the redness of a handprint forming on my face.

“What was that for?”

I don’t expect what comes next.

Sehun lashes forward with his hand enclosed, like a small train rocketing its way toward my face.

Crash.

Silence.

I begin to feel the dull throb as my left eye colours.

I know I’ll have to cancel the next month’s interviews and keep to the recording studio because my face will look like a small meteorite hit it. I can feel the bruise already forming.

“YOU’RE A ING IDIOT!” Sehun yells at me.

It’s strange, foreboding.

Sehun never swears.

Never.

“What?”

Sehun shakes his head at me and pushes me violently against the wall.

“You’re lucky he loves you, otherwise I would honestly rip you apart!”

I am scared, truly scared of Sehun for the first time in my life.

“Why? What’s going on?” I ask delicately, still clueless.

Sehun’s tearing up.

I hear a car door slam.

Luhan.

“Luhan, what’s going on?”

Luhan just grabs Sehun’s arm and drags him back into the vehicle.

“Please tell me what-“

“You don’t deserve to know.”

Luhan’s words cut like a knife, straight to my heart.

Before the car can make it out of the driveway, Sehun jumps up out of his seat and runs towards me again. He grabs my arm and drags me to the car.

“What are you doing?” Luhan asks his boyfriend.

“He has to know what he’s done. Maybe then he’ll understand what a horrible mistake he’s made.” Sehun responds coldly.

The car ride is a deadly silence, and I’m too scared to even speak. Between Luhan’s tightly sealed lips and Sehun’s death glares, I feel like I’m being dragged deep into the pits of Tartarus.

It is only when we take a right turn into the hospital’s car park that things begin to click into place.

“No.” I whisper.

I don’t want to believe it.

It’s all a nightmare, just a bad dream.

“It’s your fault.” Sehun says.

I follow quietly as Luhan and Sehun navigate the hallways in front of me.

I hate hospitals.

A mix of white and putrid green, colours whitewashed and as lifeless as the patients that are confined to the halls of this hellhole.

We stop at a door.

“I’ll go in and tell him you’re here.” Sehun tells me.

I wait a couple of seconds, straining my ears. There’s a shuffle of chairs and I subconsciously step backwards as Kai bursts through the door.

“YOU BASTARD!” he screams at me.

“How could you be so stupid?”

I flinch.

Before I can receive a matching bruise for my right eye, Kyungsoo catches his boyfriend and calms him down, taking him out to sit on the balcony.

Kai’s in agony, I can see the turmoil written all over his face.

Sehun steps out.

“Seems he’s unconscious for now,” Sehun tells me.

“But go in anyway.”

He waves a hand to the door.

I walk in slowly.

I see him.

I don’t want to see him like this.

Park Chanyeol…