Ballads

Chanyeol's Epic Fail

“Hello?”

“Hi. Uh, my name’s Park Chanyeol and I’m calling up to see if you’re doing auditions for SM any time soon?”

“Yes, the annual casting system is in a couple of weeks, you’ll have to sign up for it.”

“Oh, it’s not for me, it’s for my friend.”

“Oh? Well, you should be able to find the form on our website. Print it off and write in your friend’s details. The auditions will be held in our headquarters in Apgujeong, Gangnam. You know of it?”

“Yes I do. Alright, thank you.”

I hang up.

Hmm.

SM.

YG?

JYP?

No.

SM.

SM Entertainment.

Yes!

He’ll make it. He can make it.

He’ll be the next Leeteuk, he’ll lead his own boyband, get an acting job, debut quickly because of his beautiful, flawless face and perfect voice.

Yes!

I press the button on the wall to call the nurse, and the second she enters my plain white room I send her off to find me a laptop, telling her I’ll also need a printer.

She happily hands me over a Macbook and it takes all my willpower not to open up my Tumblr account.

No Tumblr, this is for Byun Baekhyun.

I print off the files and giggle with glee as I slowly fill in all of his details.

I know it all, I’m such a stalker.

Dedicated fan.

No, dedicated boyfriend.

When Byun Baekhyun returns, I don’t tell him about it at all. Instead, I hide the paperwork under the bed before he can step in the door.

We ease off the video games for a couple of weeks, because Baekhyun is worried my stitches will open up (again).

Instead, I make Byun Baekhyun pass the time by singing to me.

The nurse has let me keep the laptop for the time being, and I’m scrolling through lists of SM girl group songs that I shout out to Byun Baekhyun at regular intervals.

He knows them all.

He knows all the dance moves to them too.

I really had no idea Byun Baekhyun was such a fanboy.

I suppose it makes sense. I mean, remember those stalker photos?

How could I forget?

We both sit in the hospital room, hand in hand, and pretend we haven’t even fought.

He’s not a rapper at all, so it takes me ages to find the perfect song for him.

“Gee?”

He gets up and does the dance and sings as I watch.

No, not this song. Too… cutesy?

Look at that as he dances though.

Ugh. Brain!

And his legs. Oh. My. Lord.

Brain.

Tight pants.

Brain. Back to the task at hand.

Oh, you’re no fun!

SHUT UP!




“Genie?”

Again, too cutesy.




“Run Devil Run?”

Stupid-looking for a guy to do that dance to be honest.




"Oh?"

Oh, indeed.




“Why are you doing this?” Byun Baekhyun asks.

“What? I’m not doing anything…?”

Cue shifty eyes.

“Seriously, you’re making me sing all these songs. What’s up with that?”

“I like your… er… voice?”

That came out like a question, Park Chanyeol.

SHUT UP!

Whatever. Why don’t we try a ballad?

GOOD THINKING, BRAIN!

“Why don’t you sing ‘Tears’?”

And he does.

Perfect.

Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.

ASDFGHJKL!

I smile at Byun Baekhyun.

“Sing that song to me everyday until I get out of here.”

Baekhyun happily complies.