Surrounded By Idiots

Chanyeol's Epic Fail

 

Finally, a day off.

We’ve been working straight for almost a month, without a spare day of calm. Dancing, singing, rapping, beat-boxing. My arms are tired, my legs are tired.

Baekhyun’s become a bit y from being tired all the time…he's gone out I think... As for me, I intend to spend every hour of the day being my usual lazy- self.

In bed.

Baekhyun said his sleep-deprivation was your snoring on that interview.

I DO NOT snore.

What was it again? You breathe too loud, and then you make loud sniffling sounds before you fall asleep?

Better than yapping like a dog forty times once your head hits the pillow!

“Kyungsoo, what are you doing?” I yelp as my bed sinks.

He’s sitting on my leg. My unfortunately, stupidly, long leg. I shift my weight and he gets the idea.

“Oh, sorry.” Kyungsoo stands up and stares at me.

“What?”

He’s just standing in the space between Baekhyun's and my bed, his large eyes watching me as he chews on a sandwich.

With those wide eyes and jaw movements, I have difficulty distinguishing him from a goat.

“I need some advice… on my… er… life?”

My eyes widen.

“Dude, what?”

Come to think of it, Kai hasn’t been paying much attention to Kyungsoo recently, and both of them look kind of deprived.

“Please Chanyeol, just help me out!”

I squint at him. He’s actually serious.

“Why come to me?” I ask.

“You’re the only one that can help me!” he exclaims, flinging himself once again onto my bed. I scrunch up my face and he quickly jumps off again.

“Er, sorry!”

This kid has the memory span of a goldfish.

“Well see I would ask Sehun, but you know how he’s all ‘the world hates me’ and emo at the moment because of Luhan and that aegyo thing that’s ‘only meant for him’. Yeah, I think he locked himself in his room with StarCraft or something…”

I nod. Seems about right, that mopey brat.

“And Baekhyun’s being moody so…”

I scowl.

“What? I’m the last person you come to for advice?”

Kyungsoo shrugs.

“See, Kai’s been spending a lot of time with a certain… SHINee member. I mean, have you seen the way he looks at Taemin?”

I think for a minute.

“Well yeah. Taemin’s a good dancer, and Kai’s the lead for EXO-K. I suppose it’s to be expected.”

Kyungsoo sighs and punches me on the arm.

“What if it’s more than that?”

Huh?

“Well, I’ve never really thought about it like that…”

Seriously, Park Chanyeol. You’re really dense.

“What should I do?” Kyungsoo takes my hand, pleading. “What should I do to make him look only at me?”

I shrug.

“What are you good at?”

“Cooking, but…”

I click my finger.

“EUREKA!” I yell.

“Hey Kyungsoo, you cook Kai his favourite food a lot, don’t you? How about you just stop?”

Kyungsoo stares at me.

“How the hell is that going to work?” he asks.

“Well, he’ll panic and there’ll be no food and he’ll start paying more attention to you and worry if you’re sick and kiss you passionately when you admit you’re jealous of Taemin getting all his attention then you’ll make sweet, lustful love!” I exclaim.

Kyungsoo stands there in stunned silence.

“I mean…”

Wow. So awkward, Chanyeol. You just let out one of your ual-desire-fanboy-rants. On Kyungsoo.

Hey, it’s not like he’s innocent or anything!

But he’s the most innocent, well aside from Suho at least. That’s got to count for something.

But he’s going out with Kai.

KAI!

“That just might work…” Kyungsoo nods, breaking into a warm smile.

“Thanks Chanyeol!” he slaps my shoulder playfully and skips away, wiggling his bum as he goes.

I’m surrounded by gay idiots in tight pants.

Let me just point out you are one of those gay idiots in tight pants, Chanyeol.

Thanks.




“Remind me again why you and I are on cooking duty?” Baekhyun groans at me.

I chuck some kimchi into the deep fryer, and Baekhyun reminds me just how fatty and diabetic my diet is.

“Helping out Kyungsoo, OK?” I peck him on the cheek.

Baekhyun mumbles to himself, walking away.

“What?” I call.

“I said, why don’t you ever help me out? What’s with being so nice to everyone else?” Baekhyun snaps at me.

I flinch.

“Baekhyunnah~”

“Don’t. Just leave me alone.”

“Baekkie, wait!” I call, accidentally bumping boiling oil on myself.

“OW! Ow ow ow ow OW!” I yell.

I flail my arms about and accidentally whack my arm on the kitchen bench.

“Chanyeol, is everything- OH MY GOD!” Kyungsoo screams. He runs at me and pulls a chair out, pushing me down into it.

“What happened?”

I point to the oil.

“You know how my body sometimes ignores what my brain tells it. Yeah, that happened again. Also Baekhyun’s angry at me and-”

“I’m not angry at you.”

Baekhyun’s leaning on the door frame.

“I’m just stressed, and when I get stressed I tend to take it out on others,” Baekhyun looks at my arm and clasps his hand over his mouth.

“What did you do?” he screeches.

I give him a lop-sided grin.

“I’m fine.”

“No you’re not!”

Baekhyun, using his superhuman speed, has somehow weaseled his way between Kyungsoo and I, kneeling on the ground as he inspects my wound.

“Does it hurt if I do this?” Baekhyun presses his index finger against a scorch mark. I try to hide my wince.

“Uh… no?”

“DON’T LIE TO ME!”

“But I’m fine, really I-”

“SUHO WE’RE TAKING CHANYEOL TO THE DOCTOR HE NEEDS TO GET CHECKED OUT!” Baekhyun yells.

“OK, OK!” Suho yells back to from living room.

“What’s cooking, good-looking?” Kai saunters over to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo ignores him.

“Seems Chanyeol’s cooking his own skin,” Sehun is somehow magically in front of the fridge, half with large rings under his eyes.

It’s amazing what little sleep he gets because he’s always talking dirty about the things he’s going to do to Luhan over the phone in the middle of the night.

Time difference?

That and .

You listen to it?

Uh, no…?

Park Chanyeol. Really?

NO!

“What’s up your ?” Kai asks Kyungsoo, met again with stony silence. Suho throws his arms up in the air exasperatedly.

“I’m surrounded by idiots!” He yells.

“Kai, Kyungsoo’s jealous you spend a lot of time with Taemin! Kyungsoo, you better cook again or so help me!” The two look at each other and Kyungsoo blushes furiously. Kai attacks his lips violently, pushing him down the hallway.

“Sehun, no one wants to hear where your will go at four o’clock in the morning! Chanyeol, learn to control your limbs! Baekhyun…” he thinks for a second.

“Less eyeliner!”

He grabs the company car’s keys out of the fruit bowl and pulls me out of my chair.

“Get in the car.”