The Art of Trolling

Chanyeol's Epic Fail

 

“Chanyeol, what the are you doing?” Kai asks me one day.

I’m sitting in the bathroom with a bag of flour from the kitchen, pouring it into the hairdryer.

Pranking.

“I’m going to make Baekhyun smile again,” I reply, giving a satisfied sigh as I place the hairdryer back on the bench.

Excellent. The next person that’s going to use this is in for a surprise.

I watch in excitement as Lay enters the bathroom, locking the door behind him. There’s the familiar buzz of the air conditioning, and I hear a shuffle before water patters over the tiles.

It seems I have a victim number one. Now, for the next plan.

I take the flour back to the kitchen, grabbing the sugar jar and saltshaker out of the pantry in the process.

Here we go.

I pour the sugar into a bowl, cleaning out the shaker before I pour all the salt across into it. I replace this, and start spooning the sugar into the saltshaker.

This will be an exciting week.

“Chanyeol?”

“What?” I shout, hiding them behind my back.

It’s Kyungsoo.

“What are you doing in my kitchen?” he asks threateningly. He can get very territorial.

My Byun Baekhyun has not smiled all week. This is worth it, I remind myself.

“Oh, nothing,” I tell Kyungsoo.

“I was actually going to help, you know. With cooking and stuff.” Kyungsoo stares at me warily.

“What were you really doing?” My eye twitches and I curse the fact my face always gives everything away.

“I… I was going to bake cookies. For Baekhyun,” I mumble.

“He needs to cheer up, OK?”

Kyungsoo looks at me carefully, deciding to believe me with a small nod.

“OK. I can help. You need flour, sugar, milk, butter, maybe chocolate chip? What did you have in mind?”

I shrug, smirking.

“Something sweet.”

I hand Kyungsoo the sugar jar and carefully slip the saltshaker back next to the pepper as I pull out the flour and chocolate chip bits.

“This right?”

Kyungsoo nods. I know he will hardly let me cook because the last time I tried to make cupcakes I almost burnt the kitchen down.

Almost?

Suho and his aromatic candles are to blame.

Everything was going well up until that point. I hadn’t made as much of a mess as usual; there was a little bit of mixture on the bench but nothing too bad.

I spooned my cupcake mix into those little paper holder thingies and had put them in the oven. I ran my hands under the tap and dried my hands on a tea towel, which I later threw across the kitchen bench.

I didn’t realise Suho had lit his candles.

The tea towel caught alight, and I dropped Kyungsoo’s favourite large ceramic mixing bowl on the tiled floor, causing it to shatter.

Kyungsoo didn’t talk to me for a week.

And that’s why now he always serves you food in plastic Tupperware containers.

“SHUT UP, BRAIN!”

Kyungsoo blinks, throwing me his infamous wide-eyed look. I shake my head at him.

“Don’t worry.”

Kyungsoo shrugs, spooning the cookie dough onto trays. They’re all perfect and round, and it’s obvious to everyone that I didn’t make them.

It’s the thought that counts.

I suppose.

Kyungsoo places the cookies in the oven and I giggle obscenely as I make my way over to the lounge room.

This will be the best part of all.

I take the batteries out of the remote and place them in a second remote, one I bought down at the nearby supermarket.

I am going to troll.

I could probably be more creative than that, but Kyungsoo’s already suspicious of me.

“Ayo waddup Krees?” I call, waving to the blonde. He glares, rubbing his eyes.

Getting up at 2 pm is apparently not late enough for him.

Kris rubs lotion into his face as Tao constantly argues with him about the newest range of Gucci products and how all he wants to do is buy a new bag, even if it costs more than a small car.

I feel sorry for the man.

I run into my bedroom, grabbing Baekhyun’s hand. I know he’s tired and upset, so I’m gentle. I pick him up and he grumbles as I carry him into the bathroom.

The optimum position for watching the prank.

Lay’s opened the doors, wrapped in little more than a towel.

“Baekhyun needs to use the bathroom,” I tell him, receiving a groan from my boyfriend.

“Oh, OK. I’ll be out in a second. Just let me dry my hair...”

I giggle mischievously, and Baekhyun gives me a look. I quirk an eyebrow at him, gesturing to the hairdryer. Baekhyun looks at me questioningly.

Lay switches on the hairdryer and shrieks. The flour comes flying out of it, all over the place. A large, white cloud fills the room. Baekhyun stares with wide eyes.

“Oh my God,” he whispers.

Lay’s rolling around on the floor, trying to get the flour out of his hair. It looks like he’s got dandruff.

“The !?” Lay shrieks. Suho comes running.

“LANGUAGE!” Sehun yells from the other side of the hallway.

“What’s going on?” he yells loudly. Kai comes down the corridor, watching everyone intently. He looks at me and gives me a small nod.

It’s the bro code. He won’t tell if I won’t.

“Chanyeol, the cookies you made for Baekhyun are ready!” Kyungsoo calls from the kitchen. I smile.

“I think everyone should have a taste, don’t you think?” I peck Baekhyun on the cheek, still holding him in my arms.

Baekhyun pouts.

“Why?”

I know he gets it.

“Why not?” I respond coyly.

Everyone gathers in the kitchen, Kyungsoo brings out the cookies on a large plate. He’s made at least two dozen.

Hm, I wonder how they will taste…?

Luhan is the first to bite into a cookie, and he’s quick to spit it out.

All over Sehun’s brand new shirt.

“Lu!” Sehun shrieks, and Baekhyun cracks a smile. It’s a small smile, but at least it’s something.

“God, these are horrible!” Luhan yells, chucking the cookie back on the plate.

“Who made them?”

Kyungsoo furrows a brow, glancing around the room. Only Tao is game enough to see if Luhan’s right, and he also spits it out, running to the kitchen for a glass of water. He sticks his hand in his mouth, running them across his tongue repeatedly.

“Bad taste! Bad taste!” he shouts over and over again. Kris tries to console him, giving a cookie a bite.

“Nope!” he yells, running for the bathroom.

Kyungsoo’s almost in tears.

“My… MY COOKING SKILLS!” he lets out a strangled cry. Kai gives me a filthy look but says nothing, running over to Kyungsoo for a tackle hug from behind.

“It’s not your fault!” he whispers in Kyungsoo’s ear.

Xiumin and Chen, quite disappointed, stalk off to the living room. I take Baekhyun around to the back hallway, clicking the remote at exactly the same time Chen does. The television switches on, but it’s something no one particularly wants to see.

“Oh God Chen, switch it off!” Xiumin yells, ripping the remote from his hands.

“What is it?” Kris saunters in.

“You guys are watching ?” he yells. Tao comes in behind him.

“Nope, SHIELD YOUR EYES!” Kris shrieks, placing his hands on Tao’s face. He makes no move to leave, though.

“Change it!” Chen yells crazily.

Xiumin’s pressing buttons, but nothing’s happening at all. I don’t let it.

Baekhyun starts chuckling lightly, watching as events unfold. I give him a grin, pulling him close as I hear the rest of EXO shrieking about how a ghost has possessed the remote.

I kiss Baekhyun, passionately on the lips.

“I don’t care if you think you’re not good enough for me,” I whisper in his ear.

“Because you’re perfect.”

Baekhyun shakes his head.

“I’m not perfect,” he responds.

I growl, rolling him over and tickling his sides.

“You might not be perfect,” I agree with him, “but you’re perfect for me.”

"CHANYEOL!"

I shriek, running back to the bedroom, slamming the door behind me. There are eleven ten angry Korean men left in my wake.

 

 

 

 


 

I'm so sorry it's been a while since I updated!! ;A; I've been working on three fics at once, so I'm jumping between characters and storylines and URGH! Being Christmas doesn't help... stupid present buying and family blah blah...

Anyways, hope you enjoy the update. It's a little longer than usual... kekeke
I'll try and update as soon as possible! Thanks for subscribing, commenting, and voting for me! :3

Also, for the record. What Chanyeol did with Suho's candles, with the tea towel and the fire and stuff... yep, happened to me. That's where the inspiration comes from OTL. I know a few of you wonder where the craziness comes from... it's my life basically... kill me now.