Flu

Chanyeol's Epic Fail

“I hate you,” I moan at Sehun.

“Stop complaining Chanyeol, you know you like the attention.”

“I’d much rather just sit here blogging if that’s OK.”

“No. You need to get off that computer. You won’t get better if you sit there staring at a screen all day!”

“Ugh,” I grumble.

Sehun turns and closes the door behind him, my laptop sitting sadly in his arms. I can hear it crying for me.

Oh, so now inanimate objects are talking to you? Alert! Alert! We’ve got a fruitcake over here.

Stupid brain.

Stupid roommate.

Sehun had decided to come back from dance practice one day without a skip in his step. Oh no. Sehun was not happy, he was in fact a very grumpy human being.

At first I thought it was his time of month, but then I remembered he’s a member of the male species.

Nope. He had the flu. Influenza.

He was ing diseased.

And my amazingly poor immune system couldn’t handle his snot covered tissues and sneezing and coughing and and stupid chicken soup.

As expected, within two days I was bed-ridden.

“Sehunah~, don’t bring him over!” I shout at the door.

“Don’t you want Byun Baekhyun to nurse you better?” Sehun asks.

“I hear that condescending smile in your voice!” I grumble loudly.

Since when is someone NOT condescending to you?

“SHUT THE UP BRAIN!”

“LANGUAGE!”

About half an hour later, Sehun decides to wheel me out of my room and into the living room so I can better spread my germs around.

Sehun decides that the best thing to do is stick some rubbish movie in the DVD player and leave me sitting on the lounge, under a blanket, with a box full of unused tissues.

…Soon to be a sea of tissues all over the blanket.

“Why in ’s name am I watching Twilight?”

You swear a lot more when you’re sick.

“No ing way, brain. I ing swear when I’m ing sick? No ing way.”

“CHANYEOL!”

I scowl at Sehun as he opens the door for Baekhyun to walk into our apartment.

I do not want Baekhyun to see me in such a state.

I am not wearing my nice clothes.

I am sitting in a sea of snot-covered tissues.

My nose and eyes are red and puffy from sneezing and not much sleep.

Also, I feel as fat as a beached whale despite not having eaten anything for about three days without throwing it back up again.

Wow, you’re disgusting when you’re sick.

Thanks ing brain.

“Here’s the princess,” Sehun points to me.

“I’m sick of his whining and rubbish. Thanks for coming over and looking after him.”

Byun Baekhyun shrugs.

“It’s my pleasure.”

Sehun closes the door behind him, and Baekhyun decides to push some of the tissues away and sit down next to me. He picks up a corner of the blanket and sticks it over his legs.

Beautiful, straight legs. And a nice, tight .
Damn, Baekhyun must work out. Work it Baekhyun. y beast.

“What are you watching?”

Too tired to care about my cracked voice, I respond with a grumbled ‘ing Sehun put ing Twilight in the ing DVD player my life’.

Byun Baekhyun lets out a chuckle but makes no moves to change it.

I am painfully aware just how close his flawless is to mine.

Half a metre?

Maybe 40 centimetres?

No, about 30 centimetres. Yeah.

Your math skills are border terrifying, Chanyeol.

it. Who gives a about maths anyway?

Well, if we didn’t have maths we wouldn’t know just how long Baekhyun’s little friend is.

Stop thinking dirty thoughts, Chanyeol.

Did I ever tell you you get when you’re sick?

Brain. Don’t encourage it.

We’re about halfway through the movie and Bella is staring longingly into Edward’s eyes and I want to throw a remote at the (new) television and break it so Sehun will have to buy (yet again) a new one.

“This movie’s crap.” Baekhyun comments, noticing my frustration.

“Why do you have it anyway?”

“Sehun’s boyfriend Luhan loves this movie for some strange reason.”

Baekhyun nods and turns back to the screen.

Bella and Edward are kissing. Well, it actually looks more like Edward is trying to eat Bella’s face off and Bella wants to throw up in his mouth.

“Ew, can we turn it off!” I complain.

Baekhyun turns back to me with a raised eyebrow.

“Do you not like watching people kiss?”

I imitate the sound of a cow in labor.

It’s not like that, it’s just really fake and bad and disgusting and it looks like he’s eating her face and she looks like she’ll throw up on his shirt which wouldn’t be a problem because that shirt is so not designer anyway and why would she even fall in love with him he’s not even attractive anyway and it looks like someone bathed him in glitter or something because I’m pretty sure that’s not how vampires work.”

I gasp as I realise that that is the most I have ever said to someone in my life without groaning at them.

Baekhyun just sits there with a smirk on his face.

“I could show you a real kiss if you want to.”

Wait, WHAT?

Hang on a second.

No.

Nu uh.

What even?

ASDFGHJKL!!!

“Uh…”

My eyes widen as Baekhyun hovers ever so closely to my face, his breath making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I want to move in, I feel my body doing so.

Two centimetres.

One centimetre.

Half a centimetre.

A quarter of a centimetre.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



“We’re back!”

Baekhyun is quick to break apart and wave an arm behind him, bounding to the door.

“Hi Sehun, you’re back early.”

Sehun and Baekhyun talk for a bit in the kitchen while I am left feeling so emotionally spasticated.

“Still watching Twilight?” Sehun asked with a smirk as he sees me sitting with a tissue to my nose and my cheeks so painfully red.

We all know that tissue’s there for reasons other than clearing the germs from your nostrils, Chanyeol.