Horror

Chanyeol's Epic Fail

 

True to his words, the next date Byun Baekhyun and I spent together was not spent at the ice skating rink.

Instead, it was at a movie theatre.

In the dark.

Together.

Alone.

I really didn’t like Rom-Coms, and I wasn’t too sure about Westerns or War films because I always watch Sci-Fi or Comedy, however these two genres were not offered at the theatre.

No. Instead, Byun Baekhyun and I were given the wide variety of the stereotypical Rom-Com, something boring, or Horror.

Oh, how wrong I was to pick Horror.

Chanyeol, everyone knows picking a Horror film on the second date is like a death wish… metaphorically speaking of course.

Yes brain, I realise that now.

It was a chilly Wednesday night, so not many people were out, instead opting to lie around in their mountains of blankets.

I would have been there too with my beloved Tumblr if Wednesday wasn’t the only day Baekhyun could spend the evening with me out of his progressively busy schedule.

We had practically the whole theatre to ourselves; there were only two lovesick teenagers sitting a few rows in front of us but that was about it.

I didn’t realise approximately twenty minutes into the film I’d be flinging my popcorn at them as I jumped and made inhuman squeaking sounds, constantly told by said lovesick teenagers to ‘shut the up’.

“Chanyeol, we can stop watching it and leave if you want,” Baekhyun whispers in my ear, as a woman is about to get murdered by some chainsaw wielding psycho killer.

I jump.

Even Baekhyun’s movements scare me.

It must be that it’s dark.

And the music.

And things jumping out at the screen randomly.

And that really scary kid with the knife.

Or a combination of all of the above.

Why couldn’t we have just gone and seen that Avengers movie?

Because it finished at the cinema like a month ago.

Oh.

I try to sit through the rest of the film, but I’m practically scared less.

The music is non-existent, but you can hear if you listen carefully the tremolo of the strings on really low, foreboding notes.

Nothing good can happen.

It is a Horror film, Chanyeol.

Nah ah. Nothing.

Not when you’ve got a small girl with a knife chasing after you and you’ve reached a locked door.

I let out a strangled cry and cover my eyes like a five year old.

“Chanyeol!”

Byun Baekhyun grabs my arm and drags me out of the cinema and doesn’t stop until we’re back in the confines of my boxy room.

The blinds are promptly shut and I switch all the lights on.

No evil creatures of the night are coming into my room tonight.

No way.

Don’t you think you’re being a little too paranoid, Park Chanyeol?

All precautions are necessary, brain. Unless you want to be eaten by zombies…?

Fair call.

I run into the kitchen and grab whatever garlic we have in the cupboard just in case.

Sehun gives me a strange look.

“We watched a horror movie,” Baekhyun explains.

Sehun raises an eyebrow but doesn’t question my antics. He’s too busy sitting through Twilight for the seventy-second time with Luhan curled up on him on the lounge.

“Chanyeol, calm down!”

I pull Baekhyun into my bedroom and lock the door behind me. I push him towards my bed, running over to the window to line the sill with cloves of garlic.

“Chanyeol!”

“ Baekhyun I don’t want to die!”

I yell.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

“It was just a movie!”

“Where’s my Macbook Pro, I need to roll in the depths of Tumblr tags!”

Baekhyun pets the bed beside him.

“I think you should sit down.”

“No, but what if-“

“Sit!”

I am a deer caught in headlights.

“Fine.”

I plant my down next to his, watching him carefully.

Since when did I become this open around Byun Baekhyun? I was always so awkward before.

You’re still awkward.

Hey!

It’s true. You’re just more open about your awkwardness.

OK, thanks… I mean what?

“Chanyeol, I have a question for you,” Baekhyun states, laying down and resting his head on my pillow.

“What? If it involves vampires or the undead or serial psychopaths or children murdering people in their sleep-“

“Cut it out!”

“But what if-“

Silence.







Hello there.

I squawk and my eyes widen like saucers.

Byun Baekhyun.

Pouty lips.

Pouty lips on my fat lips.

I close my eyes slowly, because it’s always awkward to stare at the face of someone that’s kissing you.

Byun Baekhyun is kissing me.

Byun Baekhyun.

Kissing.

Me.

Since when was I involved with this?

Since when have I ever been involved in a relationship anything more than a hand shake or a curt nod?

Park Chanyeol, you just became one of the luckiest people to walk the face of the Earth.

Byun Baekhyun begins the kiss in a chaste sort of way, but soon I am left gasping for air as things heat up.

Byun Baekhyun presses his tongue on my lips and I can’t help but gasp at the sensation. His tongue decides to venture further, exploring the cavities of my mouth.

I pant, kissing him hungrily back.

Byun Baekhyun gives my mouth a break and decides to the side of my cheek up until he finds my earlobe, and he tugs on it gently with his teeth.

I gasp.

Byun Baekhyun gives me a smirk and whispers seductively in my ear.

“Want to be my boyfriend, Park Chanyeol?”