Little Talks

Chanyeol's Epic Fail

 

“Chanyeol?”

“What?” I shout back.

“I said, get your in this room!” Sehun screams.

Urgh.

Bloody Sehun.

We’re back in Seoul, back at the dorms that SM Entertainment provided for us as EXO.

My legs are still healing, so I’m sitting in bed, MacBook Pro sitting on my lap as I smash bar after bar of chocolate into my mouth.

“Why?” I shout.

“BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO GET BACK WITH BYUN BAEKHYUN RIGHT NOW, YOU IDIOT!” Suho screams at me.

And there I was, chilling on Tumblr. Just searching up the face of Byun Baekhyun, because you know, not a stalker ex-boyfriend or anything…

You need to get a life, Park Chanyeol.

SHUT UP BRAIN!

“Chanyeol, please?” Luhan knocks on the door.

“BLAH!” I screech back, throwing my television remote at the door. I do a ‘barrel roll’ off the bed and onto the floor with a loud thud.

I saunter over to the door, glancing at myself in the window, quickly straightening my fringe.

I’m like a pig in a sty, rolled in a thick coat of mud. Although, my mud happens to be sleep in my eyes, ugly soiled clothing that needs a wash, and a really bad smell. Yes, I’m a pig.

Or at least, that’s what Kyungsoo would call me.

Byun Baekhyun’s face is flawless, I think to myself as I slam the screen of my MacBook Pro down with a thud. I hope I haven’t broken the screen, but it’s been through worse, I remind myself.

Like that time I came home to Sehun dressed as the Hulk, my face painted a fluorescent green, clad in nothing more than bright purple boxers.

Luhan had screamed, and then accidentally picked up my laptop and threw it at the wall by my head, almost hitting me in the process. It didn’t break then, and it won’t break now.

Keep telling yourself that, Park Awkward Chanyeol.

Ha. You don’t believe it?

Nope. Logic says no. I have logic, which is something hard to come by in your pea-sized brain, Chanyeol.

Jeez. Thanks.

And why are you staring at Baekhyun on Tumblr again, Chanyeol? Oh yes, that’s right. Because you’re not man enough to face him.

ASDFGJHGALKDHWJKDWBLWUB!

“CHANYEOL!”

“I’M COMING, JESUS CHRIST!”

I shove the door open, stubbing my toe on the doorframe in the process. I then proceed to arm flail, whack Kris in the head, somehow manage to tackle him down to the ground with me, and cause a massive pile up in our already narrow hallway.

“Talk to Byun Baekhyun. Now.” Sehun says threateningly.

“But… but…”

“No buts!”

I make an odd sound, like I’m some DJ mixing the sounds of fingernails running down a chalkboard and a deep dog bark together. It’s a beautiful sound.

Sarcasm?

Duh.

Sehun pushes me through the crowd of people, plopping me down on the couch in the living room. Baekhyun’s sitting on it, his legs crossed, his eyes throwing an occasional glance my way. I look up at the screen before us and quirk an eyebrow.

“Really guys, really? Twilight?”

Baekhyun lets out a strangled sound, and I look across to him. He places a hand over his mouth, and scrunches up his eyes. He breathes weirdly, in and out rapidly, his chest rising and falling like he’s hyperventilating.

“You OK?” Chen asks, sitting on the other couch.

I squint at Baekhyun, my left eye all scrunched up, as my right eye remains wide and watching. I take his hand, removing it from his mouth. Baekhyun releases a barrage of giggles into the room, and I smile at him widely, laughing myself.

“You’re such an idiot!” he laughs at me, punching me playfully on the arm.

“You know how hard it was for me… you locking yourself away from me? I…” Baekhyun trails off.

“I’m sorry. I just thought you could never love me after you found out…”

I shake my head at him, scrunching my eyebrows up.

“I’ll always love you,” I tell him, not a trace of doubt in my steady voice. Sehun smiles at me proudly, and runs Luhan into another room. The rest of them exit the room, letting Baekhyun and I sit there together.

“So…” Baekhyun says, snaking a hand across the lounge, until he’s found mine. I let him take my hand, and I give his hand a gentle squeeze.

“Don’t talk,” I tell him softly as I press a finger to his lips, staring at the screen.

“I don’t want to talk about it. We don’t have to. Actually, I don’t want to,” I stutter, staring at Bella as she stares longingly at Edward Cullen.

It’s ridiculously over the top, how she bites her lip and breathes out as she thinks of Edward. He’s only some weird-looking pasty, sparkling man vampire anyway.

He’s not perfect like my Byun Baekhyun.

“But… Chanyeol…” Baekhyun coughs, covering his mouth with his hand. I quirk an eyebrow.

“Baekhyun? Are you sick?” I ask. He nods, flushing.

“I may have caught a cold with that little… exploration of the forest,” he tells me, moving over and resting his head on my chest.

“I was so worried… I gave you my jacket. It didn’t fit you well so I just kind of… stuck it on your head.”

I laugh loudly at him. He glares at me, ready to swat my face with his hand, but I kiss him on the forehead, and his anger almost immediately subsides.

“I missed this…” I mumble, squishing our bodies together.

“I did too,” Baekhyun breathes.

I roll him over, so that his stomach is on mine, our bodies pressed together. I fumble for the blanket, pulling it over the both of us as I breathe down Baekhyun’s neck, chuckling as I see him shiver.

“I thought you didn’t…”

“I want to be with you, Baekhyun. I don’t want to talk about the past, though,” I tell him, whispering in his ear.

“I think we’ll both be strong enough now to move past it.”