Chapter 18

This Way

 

Chapter 18 – Jealousy

“Danee, Danee Kim, how was your school? Did kids pick on you?” Boram asked Danee while eating.

“Ah no Unnie, they’re all nice to me!” Danee said with much assurance in her tone and her sisters smiled in relieve.

“Did you eat this already?” Jiyeon asked Danee from the end of the table, showing Danee her favourite dish.

“Noo Unnie, it’s so far away! It looks tasty!” Danee said, pouting a little bit.

“Bring it, bring it here!” Qri quickly said and Jiyeon quickly got up to Danee’s seat.

“Why didn’t you tell me? This is super good!” Jiyeon said and put a bunch of it in Danee’s bowl.

“Yaaa! Not too much!” Hyomin said, facepalming over Jiyeon’s portion on Danee’s bowl.

“Ah no, it’s fine! Our Danee needs to eat more!” Eunjung said. Jiyeon went back to her seat and continues eating. Qri sometimes mixed Jiyeon’s rice with kimchi and feeds her younger member.

“Baby Jiyeon! Why does your unnie has to feed you?” Boram said to Jiyeon playfully and Jiyeon only playfully rolled her eyes at Boram and Boram widens her eyes.

However, there was one member who was eating all by herself at the end of the table. It was Areum. She continuosly stared at Danee.

Like every other human being, she can’t help but to feel a little bit of jealousy over Danee. It was her first time to this restaurant also, but she didn’t receive that kind of attention.

“Ahh unnnniiieee~!” Danee whined as Eunjung more rice in her bowl.

“I’m going to burst sooner or later~” Danee pouted and Hyomin laughed again when Soyeon put more kimchi in Danee’s bowl.

“Thin Danee is thin so Thin Danee need more rice and kimchi!” Soyeon said and Danee poutingly eat her added potion.

 Areum looked back at her long-finished bowl, nobody asked her if she wanted this or that, but they asked Danee. She looked back at Danee who was eating poutingly and pretending to sulk from her sister’s behaviour of getting her to eat so much. Areum looked back at her empty bowl, how much she wants for her older sisters to make her eat too. Again her attention went to Danee.

“Aigooo... okay okay, Unnie take a little bit of Danee’s rice or else Danee will be hard to console!” Hyomin said and put a little bit of Danee’s rice in her bowl.

“Danee Kim! Why are you not eating!” Jiyeon said from the end of the table.

“I am! I am, Unnie!” Danee said and Jiyeon got up from her seat.

“Here!” Jiyeon tooka mouthful spoon of rice and make Danee eat it.

“Ah..uu...nniiee..” Danee said while muching her mouthful rice.

“Unnie, you eat too!” Danee said and took one big mouthful of rice too for Jiyeon.

“Ah nooo, I already debuted!” Jiyeon refused cutely.

“Unnie.....~!” Danee said and Jiyeon gave in. She took the mouthful of rice.

Areum looked with agony in her eyes, trying to kill the jealousy in her now as she realised this is the girl she will be working with in the next couple of years.

Areum poured herself a glass of water and pretend to smile and laugh with her members childish behaviours.

“Ah! So full!” Boram said as they were exiting their room, back to the main part of the restaurant.

“I’m more full...” Danee patted her stomach and Jiyeon hugged her from behind.

The girls walked into the main part of the restaurant, suddenly hearing curse words from the visitors, the teenagers of course.

“Ah you es!” One of them yelled.

Jiyeon quickly loosed up her hug from Areum and everybody looked down to the floor with their bodyguards suddenly towering over them to avoid physical contact with the angry fans.

“Just disband!!”

“Bullies needs to go to hell!!”

Danee was shocked to hear such words but Hyomin quickly closed her ears and initiate her to look down.

“Go to hell! Go to hell!!” Suddenly an anti-fan began throwing objects at them.

The situation began detoriating. The girls quickly try to make theirway out of the of the restaurant which seem a long way out with them taking small steps due to angry fans attacking them.

Danee who was in front of Areum, took Areum’s hand incase anything would hit Areum.

“Eunjung, you deserved that!!”

“Die!!”

They were already halfway through the restaurant. Right when Areum turned a little bit to the left, she saw a direct hit of glass to Danee, with a comtemplating heart, she let go of Danee’s hand and within seconds the shattered glass hit Danee’s arm. Instead of pulling Danee from getting a hit, she let it happened.

“AHH!” Danee squeled in pain and Hyomin quickly hugged her younger sister who was already starting to cry.

“Areum!” Soyeon almost yelled at Areum as she saw what happened. Soyeon can’t believe what she just saw but she doesn’t have time for it.

The throwing objects festival ended right when the girls entered their van.

Danee was already crying vigorously from the bleeding arm with Hyomin and Eunjung tending her arm with tearful eyes.

That was by far the worse public reaction they ever got from public. Sure they’re heard cursing everywhere they go but to the extend of getting thrown at was the first.

“I know it hurts, Danee ah, Unnie is sorry...” Hyomin apologeticly said as she blames the T-ARA scandal for this happening at Danee.

The other girls wiped off their overflowing tears they held in the restaurant.

The manager dropped Hyomin, Eunjung and Danee at the hospital and quickly hit the wheels to send the other girls back to CCM as he needs to go back to the hospital soon to managed Danee’s injury.

It was a silent ride back to CCM. Qri who was still crying and Boram leaning on her shoulder, sleeping off her tears.

 

Qri and Boram went to the toilet first and Soyeon and Areum head back to their practice room.

Soyeon switched on the aircond and sat down, Areum sat at the corner of the room, few feets ahead of Soyeon.

“That was mean of you, you know that Areum,” Soyeon said after drinking her water bottle. Areum quickly looked up at her older sister, suddenly having guilt rushed through her body.

“Unnie, it was not my fault,” Areum tried to defend herself.

“Not your fault? Not your fault?!” Soyeon yelled. Areum got a shock from that. That was the first time anybody ever scolded her ever since she entered T-ARA.

Boram and Qri was caught in an intense situation when they entered the room.

“You think I didn’t see it? You think I’m stupid?!” Soyeon yelled again. Areum only kept quiet.

“You know, it took a lot of me to not scream at you back in the restaurant and in the car,” Soyeon said.

“I didn’t get to pull her...” Areum tried to explain her behaviour.

“No you didn’t! You let go of her! You could’ve pull her from getting hit! You saw it!” Soyeon continue yelling.

“Soyeon ah, why are you yelling?” Boram tried to ease the situation.

“No unnie! This girl is a black shadow!” Soyeon yelled.

Areum was hurt from Soyeon continuos yelling and began tearing up.

“You know next time when something is going to hit you, I’m gonna do the same thing,” Soyeon said and turned around to face the other side.

Qri got the idea already, looked at Areum and sighed.

Boram looked at Areum with much disappointment but didn’t want to scold her anymore as she got enought scolding from Soyeon already.

Areum went out of the room and began crying in the small vocal room upstairs.

“I am disappointed, very disappointed in her...” Soyeon said. Boram and Qri can hear a little bit of break in Soyeon’s voice.