Chapter 15

This Way

 

Chapter 15 – Please Take My Hand

“Unnie....” Hyomin knocked on Eunjung’s door after getting a call from Eunjung’s mother.

Hyomin can only hear sobbing in reply.

“T-ARA’s Eunjung dropped out of Five Fingers”

“Ahh!!!!” Eunjung yelled and threw away her Galaxy Tab.

“Unnie!” Hyomin knocked again after hearing Eunjung’s scream. Hyomin tried to barge into the room but Eunjung had locked the door.

“GO!!”Eunjung yelled. It startled Hyomin and she let go of the door knob only to grab it again.

“Hyomin-ah, just let it go for now...” Eunjung’s mom comforted Hyomin.

“What happened when she came home, Aunt?” Hyomin asked after Eunjung’s mom invited her to the kitchen for tea.

“She came home crying, of course..” She said and pours Hyomin’s tea into a cup. Hyomin just went silent.

“I thought when they say they won’t drop Eunjung out from the drama due to you guys ongoing controversy, there are some people that would back my Eunjung up. But the world is never nice, there will be no one with you during your darkest moment but some people would turn metal to gold when you’re a benefit to them..” Eunjung’s mom sighed.

Hyomin nodded in agreement, feeling sad again. How bad is her sister hurting right now. Suddenly Hyomin’s phone buzzed with a text message.

“Are you at Eunjung unnie’s? Should I come?” Jiyeon texted her and Hyomin said she shouldn’t come as Eunjung is still in anger state.

“Ommoni, I will go now. Call me or the others when I didn’t pick up, okay?” Hyomin bowed to Eunjung’s mom and left, taking one last glance at Eunjung’s bedroom door.

 

Eunjung sat at the corner of her room, staring at her big T-ARA poster plastered on her whole wall. Taking a good look at every member, tears flowing down her cheeks.

*flashback, T-ARA’s 2nd Anniversary*

“Hwayoung ah, come here!” Eunjung invited Hwayoung into her room.

Eunjung did a small feast at her home to coomerate T-ARA’s 2nd Anniversary with all the members.

“Why, Unnie?” Hwayoung face fell after seeing T-ARA’s big poster in Eunjung’s room but it only had 6 members, during their ‘I Only Go Crazy Because of You’ promotion.

“I’ve always wanted to change it but you know how very busy I am, right? So now that I actually have free time and additionally, you are also here! Let’s do this!” Eunjung said.

“Do what?” Hwayoung answered.

Eunjung took out a poster as big of the size of the poster on the wall right now, she opened the poster and laid it out on the floor, showing T-ARA poster of ‘Yayaya’. Hwayoung face lit up.

“You feel sad, don’t you when you saw that poster?” Eunjung said to Hwayoung, about the 6-ARA poster. Hwayoung nodded lightly.

“Well, let’s make you happy again!” Eunjung crossed over to Hwayoung’s side and hugged her.

Hwayoung got very touched and started crying.

“Why are you crying? Am I being too sweet? Aigoo our giant maknae, you have always been a part of us, it’s just me who didn’t officialise it on this wall!” Eunjung wiped Hwayoung’s tears away and showed her finger to the 6-ARA poster.

“Now let’s take it down and put this poster with you in it!” Eunjung giddily took a chair and started removing the poster on the wall.

“Wahhhhhh, mwohae?” Jiyeon entered the room and followed by the other members.

“Ah, why did you have to take ‘Yayaya’? Why not ‘Roly Poly’?” Boram whined.

“I took ‘Yayaya’ because it was Hwayoung’s debut!” Eunjung yelled at Boram and the other members laughed, including Hwayoung.

Soyeon hugged Hwayoung from the side and gave her the look of love and acceptance into the family.

*end of flashback*

Eunjung continued to stare at the ‘Yayaya’ poster.

“I gave you all of my love and you repaid me with this?” Eunjung said with anger, looking at Hwayoung on the poster.

“Which part of my genuinity is not enough to you?!” Eunjung stood up and yelled at Hwayoung’s virtual self on the poster.

“You ungrateful human being. You destroyed everything I had worked so hard all these years!!” Eunjung yelled again and threw something that was nearest to her that time to Hwayoung.

“How could you do this to me?” Eunjung cried.

 

Danee got into Jiyeon’s van.

“Oh Danee, you here? Let’s go, Oppa,” Jiyeon said to the driver.

“Did you bring anything?” Jiyeon said to Danee after seeing a box on Danee’s lap.

“I bought a cake on my way here to your van, it’s blueberry cheese cake..” Danee said.

“Oh, it’s Eunjung unnie’s favourite..” Jiyeon smiled to Danee and the two went silent.

At first it was only Jiyeon who wanted to go visit Eunjung but Hyomin asked Jiyeon to Danee along as Danee had been telling Hyomin about her wanting to go visit Eunjung also.

The two was silent all the way to Eunjung’s house.

Jiyeon entered Eunjung’s house, followed by Danee. Eunjung’s mom was caught on surprise upon Danee’s arrival.

“Oh ommoni, she wanted to visit Eunjung unnie too, do you mind?” Jiyeon said and Danee looked a little bit nervous but Eunjung’s mom smile to her made her feel at ease.

“I brought unnie’s favourite cake..” Danee bowed to Eunjung’s mom.

“Blueberry cheese?” Eunjung’s mom said and Danee nodded with a smile.

“Unnie still in there?” Jiyeon asked and Eunjung’s mom only nodded and went into the kitchen.

“Unnie...” Jiyeon knocked on the door.

Jiyeon knocked again and tried to open the door, surprisingly the door wasn’t locked anymore.

“You just stay here..” Jiyeon said to Danee after getting a glimpse of Eunjung’s state in the room, Danee only nodded.

“Unnie...” Jiyeon entered the room and close the door.

Eunjung was lying on her bed, facing the wall. Jiyeon saw the ripped poster on the wall, getting the idea that her older sister is probably blaming all of this on Hwayoung.

“Unnie..” Jiyeon touched Eunjung’s shoulder, Eunjung withdrew from the touch.

“How much did you cry, Unnie?” Jiyeon asked. Eunjung didn’t answer.

“Unnie, I know you are having a very hard time now but you are acting like a crazy person,” Jiyeon said.

“I’ve held it in for so long, in some time I will burst and I did..” Eunjung whispered.

Jiyeon agreed. Eunjung was strong all the way during this difficult time in T-ARA, didn’t cry once in front of the members but Five Fingers was the final shot.

“I don’t have any mood to talk so go,” Eunjung ordered Jiyeon. Jiyeon could feel the anger in Eunjung’s voice.

Eunjung’s room was in complete mess. Jiyeon could see T-ARA CDs on the floor, tissues everywhere and the obvious ripped poster on the wall. Eunjung had always take pride of the poster on the wall because she had always said that T-ARA is her life but seeing the ripped poster proved that Eunjung finally had enough.

Danee asked Jiyeon when Jiyeon went out from the room about Eunjung’s condition.

Eunjung quickly opened her eyes after hearing Danee’s voice outside of her room. Eunjung shot up and stormed out of the room.

It shocked everybody in the house.

“What the hell are you doing in my house?” Eunjung asked Danee. Jiyeon could the anger in her older sister’s eyes.

“I.. I.. only wanted to visit you, Unnie..” Danee got a little scared.

“Unnie, Danee was just..” Jiyeon was cut by Eunjung.

“I don’t need another additional in my life right now nor in T-ARA! GO! You guys are only a nuisance! GO!” Eunjung shouted at Danee.

“AH, UNNIE!” Jiyeon shouted back at Eunjung.

“Why are you using Danee as a punching bag!? She has no fault!” Jiyeon shouted back Eunjung.

Danee cried from the scolding she received from Eunjung and only stood still.

“Are we not good enough, Jiyeon ah? Why there must be additional in our group?” Eunjung said and her eyes shot back at Danee and Danee only looked down.

“ AH stop it, Unnie! You are only angry now! Stop it!” Jiyeon said and quickly pulled Danee out of the house before Eunjung said anything more.

As Danee and Jiyeon were leaving the house, they could hear Eunjung crying and her mother scolding her for her tantrum towards her younger members.

Danee wiped away her overflowing tears and Jiyeon only have guilt in her now.