Chapter 17

This Way

 

Chapter 17 – It’s Not Over Yet

“So.... who’s going to take Hwayoung’s part?” Soyeon breaks the cold silence in the room.

It was finally the day T-ARA had to re-record their recorded y Love. The members stayed in silence, blank for what is ahead of them with this comeback.

“Areum, you take it...” Boram suggested Areum, which gave Areum a shock.

“Yeah..” Jiyeon agreed and nodded. The other members kept quiet but Soyeon took it as a ‘Yes’.

“Okay, Areum you take it. Go practice it,” Soyeon said to Areum.

Danee who was in the room was approached  by Areum on her way out of the room to practice her new added lines,

“When you debut, you sing this part okay..” Areum whispered to Danee and went out.

Danee sat by the side, watching her older members discussing about their upcoming comeback.

“Boram, you’re up,” Qri entered the room and said to Boram.

Boram warmed up her voice a little bit before going out, Boram had to re-record her part as Shinsadong Tiger did a minor change with the lyrics.

“It feels weird isn’t it without Hwayoung..” Qri murmured slowly, as if she was only talking to herself.

“She’s not here so just don’t talk about her,” Eunjung said coldly and continued practicing her lines.

“If we choose our words wisely sometimes, maybe she would still be here,” Hyomin said, continuing Qri’s left out sentence.

“Why are we even talking about her?” Jiyeon raised her voice a little bit.

“No no, stop it right now. We don’t want to deal with this right now, so don’t start,” Soyeon stopped the fire before it could spread.

The other members kept their mouth shut after that.

 

“Thank you, you’ve worked hard!” Hyomin and Soyeon said to the staff members in CCM and heads out from the building.

“So, the usual?” Boram asked the girls about their dinner place.

“I guess?” Hyomin looked to the other members for assurance but only Qri and Soyeon nodded.

“Yeah, the usual!” Soyeon made the final decision.

“Oh wait wait, our tradition! Rock paper scissors!” Boram said again before anyone could enter the van.

“Huh?” Danee asked in confusion. Hyomin smiled and hugged Danee from the side.

“You can take Unnie’s place later,” Hyomin smiled again at Danee.

“You just watch first,” Areum said to Danee.

“Aigoo our Areummie is getting the idea already!” Hyomin wiggled Areum’s bangs and lightly pat her shoulder which Areum smiled from it.

“Rock paper scissors!” Boram, Soyeon and Jiyeon was out. Now it’s left with Hyomin, Eunjung, Qri and Areum.

“Rock paper scissors!” Areum and Qri was out. Areum sighed because she wanted to sit beside the aircondition at the front seat.

“Now, for the best seat in the house! Aircond straight on her face!” Boram said as Eunjung and Hyomin prepared.

“Rock paper scissors!” and Eunjung won the greatest seat in the van while Hyomin got to sit beside her. Eunjung entered the van first, followed by Danee.

“Unnie...” Danee refused lightly at first as she was still hurt and scared of Eunjung after what happened on her visit to Eunjung’s place last time.

“ It’s okay... just sit beside her, I’ll sit beside you..” Hyomin assured her younger sister. Danee pouted a little bit and gathered up her courage to sit beside her idol, now turned scary unnie.

Danee sat beside Eunjung in silence, which shocked Eunjung a little bit as she thought it will be Hyomin who will be sitting beside her. It was a havoc in the back of the car as Jiyeon was playing cards with Qri and Boram and Hyomin was laughing with Soyeon about A Pink’s Bomi farting in front of Infinite.

“I can’t believe she admitted it! She’s so cute!” Hyomin said, can’t control her laughters, together with Soyeon who’s face had turned red from laughing.

“Did you know what Woohyun said? Hahahahha!” Soyeon said and laughed again with brought even more laughters to Hyomin. Hyomin brought up the story about A Pink’s Bomi because she is now working in a drama with Woohyun and Woohyun told her about the farting incident.

However, it was an awkward silence between Danee and Eunjung in front. Danee took small laughters listening to her older sisters, Hyomin and Soyeon’s epic farting story but Eunjung only plugged in her iPod and stared outside the window, skipping each T-ARA song that shuffles through.

The van was soon caught in a traffic jam which approximately lengthens the girls journey to their favourite restaurant by 20 minutes.

“Aigooooo, what’s with the traffic jam!” Boram whined as her stomach was already growling and Jiyeon pouted and nodded agreeingly.

“U..unn.unnie, you want some?” Danee finally talked to Eunjung, handing her a piece of biscuit from her packet of biscuits. However, Eunjung didn’t hear her with her loud iPod volume. Gathering up courage again, Danee nudged Eunjung by the arm and said again,

“Unnie, yo..you..want some?” Danee stuttered a little bit. Eunjung quickly pull off her earphones and looked at Danee.

“Aish, why are they so noisy?” Eunjung looked at the girls with the corner of her eye after hearing noises and laughters right after she pulled off her earphones.

Eunjung looked back at Danee and the biscuit Danee’s handing out to her.

“Thank you,” Eunjung took the biscuit and smiled at Danee. Danee smiled eagerly back. After a few munch, Eunjung stretched out right arm and hugged Danee by the side. Danee went stiff for a moment but relaxed again.

“Danee ah.. unnie is sorry okay..” Eunjung said and leaned a little bit on Danee’s head.

“It’s okay, Unnie..” Danee smiled at Eunjung.

“Aigoo our pretty maknae!” Eunjung brushed off Danee’s hair.

The girls finally arrived at their favourite restaurant. The girls settled themselves and went out of the van entered the restaurant. However, right when they entered the restaurant, all eyes were on them. Usually all eyes are on the, but this time it’s different. It was cold and agonizing but the girls held on and walked pass all the spectators and entered their usual room for lunch.

“Oh my God, so hungry!” Boram said with excitement as she got the menu and she got a comforting smile from the waitress.

“Thank you..” Soyeon said when the waitress gave her the menu.

“Ah, don’t need to see the menu! We already know what to order!” Jiyeon said and the waitress quickly pull out her small notebook and pen.

The girls settled with the menu and waited for the food.

“Have you taste this?” Eunjung showed Danee a picture in the menu.

“No.. but it looks good..” Danee answered, smiling and Eunjung smiled back and patted her head.

Hyomin at the sight of her sisters bonding, suddenly playing an old scenario when they first brought Hwayoung to this restaurant.

*flashback*

“You are going to love this food!” Jiyeon showed Hwayoung a picture of her favourite food in the menu after ordering their food. Hwayoung didn’t order any because she didn’tknow what’s good so she only followed the lead of her members.

Their food arrived and the girls began feasting.

“Here, this is tasty..” Eunjung put a little bit of fried meat with chilli in Hwayoung’s bowl. Hwayoung was eating awkwardly until Eunjung took her bowl and showered it with a lot of side dishes.

“Ah unnie, it’s too much, I’m gonna get fat!” Hwayoung whined.

“Then we can go exercise together! Here...” Eunjung gave back Hwayoung’s bowl after mixing it.

“Ah unnie, I’m gonna blame you if I get fat,” Hwayoung said but continuosly feed herself.

“You keep on saying you’ll get fat but you’re eating like a hippo!” Eunjung said and the other girls laughed at Hwayoung’s reaction after being called hippo.

“Ah unnie!!” Hwayoung yelled and the girls laughed even harder.

*end of flashback*

“Hyomin ah, Hyomin ah..” Hyomin was brought back to reality upon hearing Soyeon calling her.

“You okay?” Soyeon noticed Hyomin tearing eyes.

“Wipe those off before they could see it..” Soyeon patted Hyomin’s back.

“Let’s eat!!” Jiyeon and Boram yelled in excitement when the food finally arrived.

“Here, take this..” Eunjung put a little bit of fried meat with chilli in Danee’s bowl. Hyomin quickly looked at the two members.

“This is the one you showed in the picture before..” Danee said and tasted it.

“Wahh, so good!” Danee exclaimed and Eunjung smiled.

“It’s my favourite..” Eunjung said and suddenly her face got a little bit solemn but quickly recovers from it when she saw Danee taking more.

“Then it’s my favourite too!” Danee said and smiled.

“Aigoooo, you know how to take care of my feelings, prettyful!” Eunjung pinched Danee’s cheek.

“Here, eat more! How are you going to dance with this thin body of yours!” Eunjung mixed Danee’s bowl with side dishes and Danee gladly eats it, happy that her idol is getting comfortable with her.

Hyomin thought of it as dejavú. Eunjung did the same with Hwayoung. If Eunjung had loved Hwayoung so much, it’s possible that Danee will get loved even more by Eunjung. And with that, Hyomin wished for Danee to never hurt Eunjung like Hwayoung did.

It’s funny how fried meat with chilli can bond two person together. Fried meat with chilli had become Hwayoung’s favourite too.