Chapter 27

This Way

 

Chapter 27 - Don't Cry, I'm here 
 
"Don't worry, she can't even speak Korean... We can call her all sort of names and she will still smile, haha!" 
 
"Probably too stupid like T-ARA.." 
 
"Maybe even worse than her members!" A group of girls gossiping at the back of the class.
 
Danee's classmates would smile at her whenever they meet eyes and say something. Soon enough, she finally learned all the bad things they said about her.
 
"Danee yah! Did Jiyeon unnie combed your hair? Because it looks really 'pretty'!" Her class president came in and sarcastically greeted her and half of the class would laugh.
 
Danee would laugh along, not wanting any trouble. Everyday she would receive fan letters on her table but out of 50 letters, only 2 or 3 are for her. The rest belonged to now she can call sisters.
 
Yes, it was tough but it's kind of a price she has to pay for choosing this path, especially crafting a path in the already broken road.
 
"Unnie, what are you doing?" She texted Areum, eating alone in her class during recess.
 
After 15 minutes, Areum only replied not to bother her because she's busy.
 
"It's so weird how I don't want to go school because I want to perform but Unnie wants to go to school..." She said in English, confusing the group of girls sitting two tables from her.
 
She smiled because they couldn't understand her and they made such a confused face, it amused Danee.
 
"Pfft, she's just as arrogant as her members.."
 
"This girl is stupid and she doesn't know it.." They said and continued talking and eating.
 
Danee took out her phone again and texted Hyomin but no reply came.
 
"Look at her, trying to look cool, she must be texting with her stupid members..." And they laughed.
 
"Yaaaaa, don't you think you guys are going overboard?" Danee spoke in English, grabbing their attention immediately.
 
"Yaaa new student..." The class president stood up, indicating a big fight might be coming up.
 
"Speak in Korean, you stupid girl. This isn't your crib anymore.." The other girl said.
 
Before they could engage into a much more serious conversation, the home room teacher came in, slicing off the conversation into an end.
 
"Hey Danee, watch your back if you don't want to go home crying to your stupid members..." The class president purposely banged her shoulder on their way out of the school.
 
Danee couldn't believe what she heard and sigh arrogantly, the girl looked back and glared at her.
 
"Wow, these girls are really....uniquely stupid.." She said.
 
 
 
"Areum ah..." Hyomin peeked at the practice room.
 
"Oh unnie..." 
 
"Why did you use this practice room? You could've use ours upstairs...." Hyomin entered the small stuffy room.
 
"Neeeeh, this is where I used to practice so I get my motivation here.." Areum smiled and sat.
 
"Areum ah.."
 
"Did you come here to console me? It's okay, Unnie. I've always know that this would happen, so it's okay..."
Areum said before Hyomin got to say anything.
 
"No it's not okay, Areum. You got booed and there were people who yelled at you, demanding you to leave US and stop pretending like Hwayoung and you said it's okay?!" Hyomin raised her voice.
 
Areum began building up tears and start wiping it off as soon as it fell.
 
"See... It's not okay.. Don't pretend like you're okay..." Hyomin hugged her.
 
Areum kept on crying and crying.
 
"Don't cry, Unnie's here,"