Chapter 4

This Way

 

Chapter 4 – Who pulled the trigger? Part 3

Hwayoung was trying her hardest during the rehearsal for their first independent concert in Nippon Budokan but her injured ankle was not doing anything helpful.

“Do you guys really want to be humiliated?!” The managing director shouted at them, which put everybody in cold water.

“Do it properly! In 2 days is your concert! Stop playing stupid and do it right!” he yelled again.

The girls got back into line and Bo Beep Bo Beep started playing but quickly stopped due to technical problem.

“Fix it!!” The director yelled to the sound system team.

“Hwayoung, don’t you even want to try? Bo Beep Bo Beep is really easy, you just can stand and move a little bit..” Jiyeon tried to console Hwayoung but Hwayoung ignored her.

 

FLASHBACK – July 20th Friday at KBS Music Bank waiting room.

“I told you that I put in the freaking drawer! Are you deaf or something?!” Jiyeon shouted at Hwayoung.

Hwayoung was asking about her charm bracelet that she lended to Soyeon, whom Soyeon passed to Jiyeon to give it Hwayoung since she got to go to Busan for her filming.

“Do you have to scream everytime you’re dissatisfied?” Hwayoung stood up for herself.

Everybody took a moment to digest as this is a first time for Hwayoung to fire back to Jiyeon. Hwayoung was always the type to keep quiet and let it slip and she doesn’t want to fight with her members but maybe this time she had enough.

“I’m just pissed that you keep asking! I told you to look at the drawer, I put all your stuff in there! You know where to put my stuff too!” Jiyeon yelled a little bit.

“Jiyeon ah...” Boram sounded a little bit annoyed.

“Of course I looked at the drawer! Do you think I’m stupid to ask you if it’s there!” Hwayoung yelled back.

“Urgh, you’re hopeless!” Jiyeon groaned and walk to the exit door.

“Fine, I’m always hopeless! It will be good for everybody if I’m out of this group since I’m so bloody hopeless!” Hwayoung snapped.

“Hwayoung ah, calm down..” Hyomin held her shoulder but pushed away.

“If nobody likes me that much, I’ll gladly pack my bags and get out!” She turned to Jiyeon’s way.

“Good! Get out! I don’t want you here either!” Jiyeon yelled and stormed out of the room.

“Hwayoung ah...” Hyomin tried to calm her and Hwayoung pushed her away and went outside the room.

She couldn’t control it and then tears started streaming down her cheeks. She started crying in front of the waiting room. The spectators of staff who were walking by can’t contain their shock but none had guts to ask what happened.

Hwayoung started crying uncontrollably.

Jiyeon who was already in the toilet, who was angry on her way to the toilet, burst into tears in one of the toilet cubicles.

“You have such foul mouth, you stupid fool Jiyeon..” she continued sobbing.

“Hwayoung must have felt really hurt..” she started crying even harder thinking about what she just said to her best friend.

“Why do I always say things without thinking when I’m angry..” she started hitting her head.

Back in the waiting room, all the other girls felt restless.

“Why do we always fight for the stupidest thing? Come on, a bracelet?” Boram was literally mindblown how her two maknaes got into a serious fight.

“They just patched things up like 2 minutes ago!” Hyomin said.

“It’s okay, they’ll patch up soon, they’re twins, they’re inseperable.” Eunjung said.

“Oh great, now I feel soooo bad. I was the one who borrowed Hwa’s bracelet...”Soyeon murmured to herself but Boram overheard.

“It was not your fault, you already gave it to Jiyeon..” Boram said and Soyeon only nodded, trying to shield her feeling of guilt.

Around 30 minutes later, the girls gathered again and performed their Day by Day stage.

 

CURRENT- PRESENT

Jiyeon knew that Hwayoung was still angry at her for the Music Bank incident. This is by far their longest fight.

It hurts Jiyeon to see Hwayoung interact with the other girls happily and prentended like she didn’t exist when she came near Hwayoung.

Jiyeon took out her phone and went to ‘Diary’

July 23rd 2012

Hwa still won’t talk to me. If I could, I wouldn’t want to talk to me too. Hwa was really hurt with I said, isn’t it? I was hurt by what I said too. I’m a . I’m stupid. Hwa, I love you :(

She ended it with a sad face.

Jiyeon went backstage to the locker room to find her couple ring with Hwayoung, which she took it off after their fight. Till suddenly she overheards some of the dancers gossiping behind her locker. She stopped to hear because she heard her name.

“I think Hwayoung hates Jiyeon.” one of the dancers said.

“I know right, did you see how Hwayoung glared at her? It was horrid.”

“I overheard Hwayoung talking to her twin earlier.. you know what she said?”

The dancers stopped to look around and make sure nobody’s there.

“I remember exactly what she said..”

“What? Palli!”

“Hyo ah, I think I want to stop. I’m tired. Jiyeon is such a , I never liked her. I tried to like her and found that she was quite fine until I grew closer to her she treated me like you know..”

Jiyeon gasped behind her locker, she started swallowing up her tears.

“I hate her, I’ll just act cool with her but seriously I don’t want to be close to her anymore.”

One by one, Jiyeon’s tears started falling. She couldn’t believe her tears. She knew Hwayoung was mad at her but she never expected for Hwa to say such mean things about her. They were supposed to best friends, best friends don’t say things like this. Jiyeon started crying, but she tried holding it up so the dancers won’t hear her.

Jiyeon felt as if she was stabbed with a million knives. This is just not anyone, its her best friend in the whole wide world, Hwayoung.