Chapter 11

This Way

 

Chapter  11 – Buy Me  a Gun when the War begins.

Qri wiped away her tears after reading the petition for T-ARA’s disbandment surfaced on the internet, earning over 71,700 signatures.

Sobbing, she switched off the computer. In her head she was thinking how bad things are now, how it is getting so out of hand, how is she suppose to hold up to everything. She’s confident that things gonna get even worse day by day.

She took a deep breath and walk out from her room, seeing no one in the house as maybe her parents went out. It’s probably been a day since she last came out from her room after teary ride home yesterday’s morning. Now it is already 8.15 p.m.

She dragged herself to kitchen to feed herself but nothing interest her empty yet loaded stomach.

She opened the refrigerator and saw nothing that could fulfil her appetite. Might as well don’t eat she thought to herself.

Afraid of watching the current issues on TV, she watched the previous recorded dramas she asked her mother to record and ended up watching Bridal Mask.

She stared at the moving characters, studied their facial expressions and without effort, she remembered bits of the dialogue. Suddenly, her house phone rang. She quickly ran to the phone and answered.

“Unnie, why didn’t you pick your phone?” It was Soyeon’s voice.

“Oh sorry, I was outside in the hall,” Qri replied softly on the phone.

With a pause, Soyeon finally voiced.

“Did you read about the petition?” Soyeon kept her cool and try to sound more confident.

“I did...” Qri’s voice detoriated.

“...um, I just wanted to ask you that..” Soyeon paused again before talking again.

“Why Soyeon ah?” Qri heard the breaking sounds of Soyeon’s heart. How mentally broken she is just by hearing her voice.

“Um, Unnie, I’m actually 5 seconds from your house..haha..” Soyeon’s pretentiously laughed.

They both hung up and Qri quickly sped to her door and went out. Right she was out of her condo, she saw Soyeon walking towards her way, with obvious tears, terrible tears. Soyeon doesn’t cry like this. When Soyeon saw Qri, she fastened her pace and quickly hugged Qri when she reached her.

In an instant, Qri’s left side of t-shirt were soaked with Soyeon’s tears.

For more than 40 seconds, Qri stood there hugging the already broken Soyeon, rubbing off her back if that could sooth her legitly broken heart.

News already spread all over South Korea. With over  100,000 people signed the petition of T-ARA’s disbandment, over  160,000 people joined the act of T-Jinyo WE DEMAND THE TRUTH FROM T-ARA, all sorts of sponsors and brands pulling T-ARA off, not resuming the contract. Hundreds of death threats and petition for the cancellation of Eunjung, Hyomin and Soyeon’s drama roles and thousands of fans leaving the fancafe. These are probably the worst scandal that could ever burst for a girl group.

Without any choice, it has been decided that Soyeon has to attend the press conference for her drama, Haeudae Lovers.

After the press conference, Soyeon sat down for a private interview. She knew all along that of course the reporters won’t be asking about her role, it will be all about the scandal.

After a few warm up questions, the real deal has finally come.

The reporter finally asked, “Let’s get straight to the point. Was there a ‘bully’?”

Soyeon positioned herself and took a silent deep breath, with much confidence, she answered, “I also saw the ‘evidence’ the netizens uploaded online. I did think that if that was all they saw, the ‘bullying’ point of view could have made sense. It is true that there were negative feelings towards Hwayoung during our Tokyo concert. When Hwayoung claimed she couldn’t perform because of her leg, and when she was at the beauty shop by herself when we were practicing, there was a fight between the members. Following the performance, we told the President to handle this for us. Starting from that point, many things happened and we didn’t know that it would lead to Hwayoung’s departure.”

The atmosphere turned intense for a moment as Soyeon was already choked in her own tears but regained posture.

Soyeon answered a few questions with teary eyes but finished the interview with bawling her eyes out in front of national TV.

She greeted everybody and smiled like it doesn’t hurt and finally got into her van, back to Seoul.

Early in the morning, Soyeon got dressed up and ready to go to Busan for the filming of her drama.

“You all good, Soyeon?” The manager oppa asked her and she nodded blantly.

The other coordi unnies hopped in and Soyeon fell asleep.

Suddenly, Soyeon was woken up by the grumbling of the car, Soyeon’s eyes shot open and it was drizzling outside and the next things she knows the car turned over a few turns and she heard few screams and her hands were everywhere, hitting every angle she could possible hit and the car stopped spinning.

Again, Soyeon opened her eyes and saw the drizzling rain and a few people running towards her car. She wanted to move her body and it remained motionless and her eyes closed again.

The next time Soyeon opened her eyes, she could see the lights on the ceiling changing from one to the next, sounds of the creeking hospital bed and oxygen mask on her nose and mouth and again she fell asleep.

The hospital did a temporary check up and put Soyeon on a neck cast in order to protect her neck incase anything is broken. Soyeon was from the pain and the nurse quickly injected her with painkiller.

 

“What?” Eunjung got a shock after talking to her manager oppa about Soyeon’s accident, taking a break from practicing her piano.

She hung up and sat back on her chair and brushed away her bangs and sighed.