Chapter 2

This Way

 

Chapter 2 – Who pulled the trigger? Part 1

The members of T-ARA gathered again in the van for their weekly show for SBS’s Inkigayo.

Nobody have the guts to start a conversation nor talking among themselves in the van. Everybody stayed quiet as they can be.

The always sleepy members didn’t even close their eyes for a second but stared into thin air.

“This way, three doors after this is your waiting room,” the staff lead them to their waiting room once they arrived at SBS building.

“Sooner or later, we have start somewhere. That somewhere is now, Jiyeon ah.” Soyeon said to Jiyeon.

“Sorry unnie..” Jiyeon offered her hand to Hyomin and Hyomin shook it.

“Everybody’s happy? Everybody’s cool? Good. Let’s have a good performance today!” Boram cheered up the atmosphere and the other members began clapping ASSA ASSA!

“Hwayoung ah..”Jiyeon stopped Hwayoung in front the waiting room while the other members were already walking to stage.

Hwayoung turned to Jiyeon.

“I’m sorry I’m such a to you, sorry. Best friends?” Jiyeon offered her hand.

Hwayoung took it and Jiyeon quickly hugged her.

“You’re my best friend, and you know me. I’m a now but I’m a Santa next. I love you... our giant baby! Aigoo, our cute baby!” Jiyeon hugged her even tighter and Hwayoung hugged her back and smiled. They walked together holding hands.

While waiting backstage, Jiyeon and Hwayoung were playing rock paper scissors. Hyomin saw the happy maknaes playing and got a little warm hearted by it. That was what she always wanted. She wants every single members in the group to have a super tight relationship with each other. Super tight no one can get in and break it. Same goes to the new members, Areum and Dani. It may take a little while longer to get the bond, strengthen it and tie it super tight. But that will happen because they are all working on the same goal, making T-ARA the number 1 girl group.

Areum was sitting by herself near the girls. “Areum ah....” Hyomin playfully called her name.

Areum quickly got up and greeted her older sister, “Anyeonghaseyo unnie..” She bowed down.

“ Yah.. why are you being so uptight and formal..? We’re teammates now..” Hyomin hugged her from the side and there’s an obvious uncomfortable feeling in Areum.

“You need to loosen up and start treating your older unnies like your real unnies, okay?”Hyomin did an OKAY sign and Areum followed her with a smile.

“Okay, T-ARA fast! It’s your turn!” The staff rushed the members onto the stage.

The happy feeling was back in the waiting room with every members getting along very fine with each other.

“Areum ah, let’s take a picture together..”Qri pulled Areum into the picture and Boram too and snapped the picture.

It was a Polaroid camera.

“Here you go, Areum. You should write here, ‘My first picture with Boram and Qri Unnie! ^^’” Boram said to Areum and walked away.

Day by day, Areum could feel that she is one step closer to her unnies and she can see that the unnies are trying as hard as her to shed off the awkwardness between them and get closer. She had found a new goal when she entered T-ARA as a new member, she wants to be a part of T-ARA.

 

Later that evening, the girls gathered once again to record their new song, their fourth instalment with Shinsadong Tiger named ‘y Love’.

Jiyeon began splitting up parts, decided by the company.

Before recording, the girls practiced the harmony and their own respective parts.

“Where’s Areum?” Eunjung asked, after realising that Areum is already 45 minutes late.

“She got school activity, she’ll be here soon Unnie,”Hwayoung told Eunjung who nodded after that.

 

*Practice room, 11pm*

Hwayoung was playfully dancing to Lovey Dovey with Areum, well teaching her a little bit of the dance since sooner or later she’ll need to learn it.

BOOM!

The whole room froze and saw that Hwayoung fell.

“Unnie, gwaenchana?!” Areum panicked and looked at the members for help but the other members only turned back to their food.

Hwayoung began as if she’s really hurt. “Unnie....”Areum can’t stop panicking.

Qri noticed that Hwayoung didn’t get back up for awhile.

“Hwayoung ah, you okay?”She got up and walked to Hwayoung.

Boram and Eunjung also noticed and began worrying.

“Unnie, I think Hwayoung unnie is really hurt..”Areum said but only got pushed aside as Eunjung came by Hwayoung side.

“Hwa ah, you hurt your ankle is it?” Eunjung’s voice began worrying.

“Yah yah, call the manager oppa! Hwayoung hurt her ankle!”Boram yelled to the other members who were still eating.

“Ah wae? Hwayoung gwaenchana? Ah waeeee!”Jiyeon realised the seriousness and quickly went to her bagpack and called the manager oppa.

“Oppa, palli! Hwayoung got injured!” She said and hung up.

“Ah, it hurts...”Hwayoung began crying.

“Yah yah, it’s okay. We’ll get you to the hospital, don’t cry..” Eunjung wiped off Hwa’s tears and put her on sitting position.

Manager oppa arrived and quickly transported her to the hospital with only Eunjung following as the coordi unnies asked the other members to stay behind and practice.

The next morning around 4.30 am, Eunjung and Hwayoung arrived at the practice room. Hwayoung was casted around her ankle area.