Chapter 12

This Way

 

Chapter 12 – You Don’t Love Me, don’t You?

Even with conflicting schedules with The Thousandth Man shooting, Hyomin as fast as lightning made her way to Seoul General Hospital after shooting ends.

With complete directions given the manager oppa, she made her way to the 12th floor, and entered Soyeon’s room.

The first thing Hyomin said when she entered, “Unnie, does it hurt a lot?” and sat beside her and held Soyeon’s hand.

Soyeon nodded and sat down, the neck cast is off and the check up confirmed that Soyeon is perfectly fine aside from few scratches.

“Well, my back kinda hurts..” She showed her back to Hyomin.

“Oh really...?” Hyomin said and begin massaging Soyeon’s backache.

“Nobody came yet, Unnie?” Hyomin asked while massaging and Soyeon didn’t say anything.

“I’m expecting Hwayoung to come..” Soyeon said after few minutes and Hyomin was taken aback and stop massaging for a moment.

“Hmph, maybe she doesn’t care..” Hyomin said.

“She does..” Soyeon defended Hwayoung.

Hyomin stopped massaging and went to face Soyeon on the other side.

“She didn’t say anything to us after she left us, not a word of basically anything, that means she doesn’t care, Unnie.” Hyomin confronted Soyeon.

“Do not talk badly about Hwayoung..” Soyeon said and laid down.

“Since when do you take Hwayoung’s side, Unnie?” Hyomin said in utter disbelief.

“You would always be the one scolding and pushing Hwayoung away, what’s with being nice all of sudden when she’s gone?” Hyomin said and Eunjung entered the room, accidently hearing the the two’s conversation.

Soyeon sat up again and said, “Well you know what Hyomin, I regretted all of that, I could’ve treated her better but I didn’t. I was a very bad older sister, the sister who never take her side. Okay, I know that,” Soyeon shed a few tears.

Hyomin got teary also and said, “It’s too late now, she left..” Hyomin took her handbag and walked out of the room, bumping into Eunjung, not realising that Eunjung was there all along. They both locked eyes for a second and Hyomin walked out.

Soyeon wiped away her tears and laid back down.

“Anyeong unnie..” Eunjung came with a bright voice and smile, trying to regain the normal atmosphere.

Soyeon smiled and hugged Eunjung.

“You okay?” Eunjung smiled and Soyeon nodded.

Eunjung didn’t want to bring up the Hwayoung topic as it is a very sensitive issue among the group members now.

Eunjung stayed overnight with Soyeon that night.

 

Hwayoung slowly, as slowly as she could entered the hospital, with a small basket of strawberries. She heard about the news and couldn’t sleep last night.

With every step she took, her mind kept thinking if she could go. Go or turn back. She wore her glasses and a cap, along with her favourite Batman jacket. She reached the 12th floor and walked to Soyeon’s room.

For a long time, she stood in front of Soyeon’s room. She remembered her last conversation with Soyeon during her refusal to perform on Music Bank that day. She second guessed whether she should go in and greet her older sister or go back and she entered the room.

She peaked a little bit and she saw that Soyeon was sleeping soundly.

She entered the room more comfortably after seeing Soyeon was asleep.

She put her basket of strawberries on the table at the end of Soyeon’s bed and sat on the chair beside the bed.

She saw the scratches on Soyeon’s hand and wanted to hold her hand but she declined her wish. She stared at the tired face of Soyeon and suddenly flashbacks of the hardworking Soyeon played in her mind.

How Soyeon forced her to practice her part in Roly Poly, yes that time she thought Soyeon was being mean but now she knew that her older sister is very particular of perfection and she wanted Hwayoung to have that perfection.

Around 15 minutes later, Hwayoung got up and left the room, leaving Soyeon unconscious of her visit. She closed the door and turned right but suddenly she saw Jiyeon talking to one of the nurses. She looked at her best friend for a while, wanted to go run and hug her as tightly as she could but seeing Jiyeon’s tired face washed away her wishes.

As she was looking at Jiyeon, she realised how much she missed her best friend.

When Jiyeon was about to turn to her way, she quickly turned the other way and walked on the opposite direction.

Jiyeon walked to Soyeon’s room, but she saw a very familiar Batman jacket. Before she could confirm it, the figure disappeared. Jiyeon thought she was delusional.

She stayed in Soyeon’s room u Boram came with dinner around 8.30 p.m. Jiyeon the lights and Soyeon was already awake.

“You had a good sleep? I brought your favourite strawberry cake for desert.” Boram gave a motherly smile and began unpacking the dinner.

“Did you give this too?” Jiyeon lifted the basket of strawberries.

All the three girls kept quiet.

“No, I just came..” Boram said and continued unpacking.

Jiyeon quickly turned towards the door.

It really was Hwayoung.