Chapter 9

This Way

 

Chapter 9 – I’ll take away the bullets for your return

Hwayoung cried after hearing the news. The fact that she wasn’t informed made it even worse. If it shocked the whole entertainment industry, how much shock is she in now?

The first person she thought of is her other half, Ryu Hyoyoung.

“Unnie ya...” She hugged her 10-minute older twin sister when she arrived at the CCM Headquarters.

Hyoyoung is in as much shock as Hwayoung now.

“How could this happen..” Hyoyoung tried soothing Hwayoung’s uncontrollable tears in the lift, up to the 8th floor.

Hwayoung just kept crying and wiping off her tears, again crying and wiping off.

Hyoyoung who was seeing her better half crying her heart out, felt so much remorse now.

“Hwayoung ah, I’m sorry..” Kim Kwang Soo said, after Hwayoung and Hyoyoung sat down in front of him.

“This is for the best of interest for T-ARA and for you..” he said again.

Hwayoung looked up as if searching for more answers.

“I need to do what is best for T-ARA and for you. Of course, you don’t want to become a burden to them, right?” he said again.

Hwayoung who was crying for having to leave her sisters, cried again for being a burden to the group.

“I know, Ssajang-nim and I’m sorry for being such a burden..”Hwayoung said and Hyoyoung patted her back for her to calm down.

“I terminated your contract and I’ll let you go without any terms and condition.”  he said.

Hwayoung nodded and said, “If me leaving will be good for T-ARA, then I’ll go...” she controlled her overflowing tears.

“And..” swallowing back her tears, “please tell unnies and Jiyeonnie I’m sorry for ever being a burden to them..” Hwayoung burst into tears, this time leading Hyoyoung to cry too.

Hyoyoung’s heart suffers the same kind of pain her twin is having now. Those tears were Hyoyoung’s tears too.

“And please forgive me, Ssajang-nim..” Hwayoung looked down with tears.

“Use this time to reflect on yourself and think about your future after T-ARA, Hwayoung ah,” Kim Kwang Soo said.

Hwayoung nodded, agreeing that all of this is because of her so she’ll need to leave. For the better of her sisters.

“They don’t love me, so isn’t it better for me to leave?” Hwayoung cried to Hyoyoung on the rooftop’s garden.

Hyoyoung kept quiet, not knowing what to say to console her twin’s broken heart.

“I know I’m no good for them...” Hwayoung’s words got cut off by her own tears.

“This is all my fault..” Hyoyoung said, suddenly hitting her head.

“What are you saying... unnie yah!” Hwayoung cried.

“I was the one who wanted to put you in T-ARA, this is all my fault!” Hyoyoung cried.

“You did it for me, unnie yah..” Hwayoung wiped Hyoyoung’s tears.

“I did it because I wanted you to have the spotlight you deserved, because it was always me since young. I didn’t want you to feel you’re not important.. I’m so sorry Hwayoung ah..” Hyoyoung held to Hwayoung’s shoulder.

The twins began crying and wiping each other’s tears.

“Saranghae unnie yah..” Hwayoung said and Hyoyoung said the same.

 

Eunjung who suffered the same setback as the others had no choice but to go to her first script-reading of Five Fingers. Her first major role. Her first role as the main female lead.

When she arrived, she guessed nobody figured about the breaking news again.

She completed her first script-reading with smiles and laughs, combined with her working hard, for a moment she forgot about her pain. The pain so deep, she forgot about it.

But right when she entered her van, she felt Hwayoung’s presence. She looked back and virtually imagined Hwayoung sitting at her usual place. As if hearing Hwayoung and Jiyeon’s conversation, she smiled to herself. Yes, it felt better remembering the good memories than embracing the horrid fact now.

She kept quiet and her coordi unnie and manager oppa also didn’t dare to bring up about Hwayoung’s leaving.

Things were quiet again, until suddenly Eunjung heard laughters and she quickly looked back and again she saw Hwayoung laughing with Qri unnie and quickly turn back in front.

“Unnie..” she called for her coordi unnie and coordi unnie as fast as storm turned to Eunjung.

“Is it weird how I’m hearing Hwa’s voice in this van?” she smiled a little bit due to her childish imagination.

The coordi unnie felt a rush of sympathy to Eunjung. How is she feeling now? She didn’t even talk today.

Eunjung looked back again but this time she didn’t see Hwayoung.

“It’s weird how I didn’t miss her when she’s not here before, but this time I felt it. It’s empty, don’t you think?” Eunjung’s voice began shaking but still kept her smile.

“It’s true, I guess the saying. You only miss something when it’s gone,” Eunjung still kept her smile.

The coordi unnie only let Eunjung said what she wants. Eunjung must be feeling terrible.

Eunjung stopped her act, closed her eyes.

“Did I really make her an outcast?” Eunjung murmured and the coordi unnie and manager oppa heard her but only kept quiet.

“Unnie.. I really love her, did you see it? Eunjung opened her eyes and said to the coordi unnie.

“I know Eunjung, everyone knows J” she said.

“Then, why didn’t she see it?” Eunjung’s voice got really emotional and started to crack up.

“It’s not your fault...” the coordi unnie felt really sad for Eunjung. This must be tough on her.

“I mean.. I love her..” Eunjung lost it.

“What can I do, unnie ah? What can I do to make her sit back on that chair?” Eunjung looked at Hwayoung’s seat.

“Nothing, Eunjung ah. It’s already done..”

“There must be something I can do, right?” Eunjung said, with guilt.

“Can I turn back time? I can fix whatever’s broken. I’ll take away the bullets for her return..” Eunjung cried.

After holding her tears ever since the news came out, she cried all the way back to her house.