Chapter 8

This Way

 

Chapter 8 – Would you put that gun down?

Night of July 29th 2012, CCM Headquarters

“We made our decision, I guess?” Kim Kwang Soo of CCM ended the meeting and the staff nodded in agreement but little did he know how his staff are very much disagreeing with his decision to remove member of T-ARA, Hwayoung.

“I’m gonna file a report, I don’t care.” one of the stylist unnies complained on their out of the meeting room.

“You will eventually die, you know that?” the other shot her idea down.

“It’s not fair for the girls, especially for Hwayoung..” she said.

“Well, it’s not for us to decide..” the other said in despair.

“The girls doesn’t even know..” she said again.

“Tomorrow is gonna be a very sorrowful day and very stressful,” the other said while the other nodded.

 

Present, Noon of July 30th 2012

Soyeon crawled onto her bed with tears streaming down her cheeks. With her hands keep on wiping off the tears, it would not stop flowing.

She tried calling the other members to check on them but none answered.

“I guess they’re having an even rougher time than I am now...” She said, sitting up again, tears dried.

She can’t take this anymore.

Soyeon quickly took a shower and stormed out of the house, straight to CCM’s Headquarters.

“Soyeon ah...” the receptionist greeted her, judging from Soyeon’s aggravated face, clearly she had found out about the news.

“Is the CEO in? Wait, of course he’s in or else he wouldn’t do that stupid announcement!!” Soyeon yelled her heart out to the innocent receptionist.

The receptionist understood how Soyeon is feeling right now so she decided to not take it to the heart.

“Yes, he is in Soyeon ah, calm down..” the receptionist tried to calm the very angered Soyeon.

While walking towards the lift, Soyeon yelled,

“How am I suppose to calm down?! Tell me!! So I CAN calm down! Hurgh!” She slammed the lift button in her utmost anger.

She entered the lift, still putting her sunglasses on.

Her eyes are puffy as the currypuff from waking up to terrible news and hours of crying on her bed, knowing she lost someone valuable in her group and reading all the ugly comments human being made about her sisters.

Without checking with secretary, Soyeon slammed CCM’s CEO Kim Kwang Soo’s door when he was checking the news of response on the internet.

“I’m sorry Ssajang-nim..” the secretary said in a bit of intimidation, seeing the fire burning around Soyeon’s aura.

“What is this, Ssajang-nim?” Soyeon tried tone down her anger as now she is talking to her superior.

“I’m taking care of this very well, you just need to calm down..” Kim Kwang Soo tried to sound strict which gave Soyeon a little shake but again gain her composure.

“I called you to fix it, not to ruin it...” Soyeon took off her sunglasses, showing her puffy eyes.

“I know this is hard for you to accept but this is for the better of T-ARA.” he said again.

Soyeon started getting teary but quickly throw it off.

“T-ARA is not better without Hwayoung..” Soyeon’s voice began detoriating.

“This is for the better, you girls will work better without Hwayoung, now leave my office,” he said again.

“Oh really? Work better? Work our butts off and give all the money to you?!” A tear fell from Soyeon’s eyes as she lost her temper.

“Don’t be rude to me! I’m your superior!” Kim Kwang Soo threw a stack of papers to her.

“I know what’s best and this is the best! You and your other members will become better with Areum and Dani!” He yelled again.

“Look, I can deal with you adding stupid two new members in my group but throwing off Hwayoung is not okay!” Soyeon lost her fear for her superior.

The other staffs gathered behind the closed door to hear the heated conversation.

“Did you forget!? Hwayoung was a new member too! And I thought you asked me to take care of the things happening in T-ARA now? Remember kid, you shot the decision to throw Hwayoung away so keep that in mind.” Kim Kwang Soo sounded a little bit threatening.

Soyeon can’t believe what she heard, he’s trying to turn tables.

“Please, I only asked for your help because I was desperate for my younger sisters to reconcile, but I didn’t say I wanted to throw Hwayoung off!” Soyeon defended herself.

“You know, there’s nothing you can do now.. What's done is done” Kim Kwang Soo sat back on his superior chair and expects Soyeon to leave.

“You are probably the worst human being that I have ever met..” Soyeon gave up and leave the room.

When she went outside, as she is about to enter the intersection, she saw crying Hwayoung with her twin Hyoyoung on their way to hers, so she quickly dodged away and went the other way, which is to the restroom. On her way, she heard sobbing Hwayoung’s tears echoing through the hallway, and without noticing she cried the tears Hwayoung is crying now.

As if bearing Hwayoung’s tears, she stopped for a moment, having a thought to turn to Hwayoung’s way but she declined her wish and walked away.

 

Hyomin stared at her bathroom’s mirror. As if reflecting on herself, she draw back her smile on the mirror, but it cried back.

Taking a close look on her features on the mirror, reflecting back what she had done to Hwayoung for things to get this bad. Very bad.

“Where did I go wrong?” she murmured to herself. She can’t bring herself to cry as she had cried too much. Her pool of tears have dried to the summer in her heart.

“Which day that I didn’t love her?” she murmured again.

“Did she get hurt that I didn’t go to her graduation day? But I sent her flowers.."

“I didn’t forget her birthday, I remember exactly what colour she likes..”

“I know her favourite food and I always order the right coffee whenever we go to a cafe..”

“I chose her the best birthday cake, her favourite..”

Hyomin began mumbling like an insane person, trying to remember every single thing. Every single thing that you thought wouldn’t matter. She tried remembering even petty things like Hwayoung’s favourite socks that she lost. She bought an exactly same pattern again for her.

“Or did she expect a new patterned socks?” Hyomin began thinking too deeply.

Giving up, one by one of her tears began falling again.

“Where, Hwayoung ah?”

“Where did unnie messed up?”

Hyomin said, letting her tears fall down. Suddenly, she remembered the tweets. She began thinking that all of this mess started with her tweet, which led other things to happpen. She didn't a chance to clear things up.

“I didn’t put the gun down, is it there where I messed up?”

“Would you give me another chance to put the gun down?” Hyomin begged.