Chapter 19

This Way

 

Chapter 19 – One Dorm

“Unnie, are you already heading to our dorm?” Hyomin called Boram on the phone while moving her things into her van.

“I’m here already with Soyeon, are you on the way?” Hyomin can hear the exhaustion in Boram’s voice.

“Yes yes, I’m loading my stuff into the car, see you later unnie. Okay bye~” Hyomin hung up.

T-ARA received an order from their CEO Kim Kwang Soo to reside in one dorm again. Though the girls were pissed off to move out again from their houses, maybe just maybe it will do something good again.

Hyomin arrived at her new house, at the 16th floor. Hyomin knocked the door, to be greeted with the newly-arrived Eunjung and Qri.

“This house is big!” That was the first thing Eunjung said to Hyomin when she reached. Truth be told, it was bigger than their previous dorm, much bigger. It was a 4 bedroom house.

“Did you guys pick the rooms yet?” Hyomin asked while having her eyes on the 2nd bedroom because it has only two quite big single beds.

“Not yet, we’re gonna wait for the others..” Qri said while helping Eunjung to wipe the kitchen table.

“HELLO!!” Suddenly Jiyeon’s voice hummed the whole house.

“The maknae is here!!” Hyomin ran to the door and hugged Jiyeon who was carrying loads of stuff.

“Everybody’s here, okay let’s decide on the rooms..” Soyeon sat down on the table.

“But Areum and Danee are not here yet...” Hyomin said and the others kinda nodded a bit.

“Oh right....” Soyeon’s voice trailed off.

After 30 minutes, the two new members finally arrived with their belongings.

“Danee ah, why are your things so little? You do know that we are going to live here...”Jiyeon said while eating her apple.

“Ah unnie, I took a little first, I’ll bring more later,” Danee smiled to Jiyeon.

The now completed girls sat down on the table after Areum and Danee browsed through the rooms.

“Soooo... there are four bedrooms, two of the bedrooms have double deckers, while the other two have two big single beds... the two bedrooms with double deckers need to share a bathroom..” Soyeon explain the interior of the house.

“Let’s not do rock paper scissors..” Boram said and Qri agreed.

“Ah ah! How about we do it by age?” Jiyeon said and the others quickly agreed.

“So, it’ll be me and Eunjung..” Soyeon said.

“No, I want to be with Eunjung!” Qri quickly said and Eunjung hugged her like a little kid.

“That’s better! I want to be with Boram unnie! So, it’ll be me and Boram unnie, Qri unnie with Eunjung, Hyomin with Jiyeon?” Soyeon asked for Hyomin and Jiyeon’s approval and they both quickly nodded with excitement.

“....and Areum with Danee,” Soyeon looked up to look at the maknaes.

“Aigoooo, they look so awkward...” Boram said and laughed.

Areum and Danee only changed awkward glances and smiles at their older sisters remarks.

“Okay, get moving! Just put your stuff in the room and unload later! We need to head to filming set!”  Soyeon said and the girls began moving.

Areum and Danee arrived at their double deckers bedroom.

“I’ll take the bottom one,” Areum said coldly and put her pillows onto the bed and Danee only stayed silent and put her pillows and teddy bears on her upper bed.

“Let’s gooooooooo!!” Soyeon screamed at the whole house and the girls began panicking.

“Jiyeonnie, where’s your flip flops?! I want to borrow!” Boram yelled at Jiyeon who was still in the house.

“It’s still in my bag, unnie!” Jiyeon yelled back and Boram sighed having to wear her high heels.

“Unnie... let’s go..” Danee said to Areum who was putting back her iPod and phone in her handbag.

“Why are you even coming?” Areum said to Danee before they brushed shoulders on Areum’s way out. Danee was taken aback but stayed silent.

The girls packed themselves  into the van and off to their filming set.

At the filming set, Areum kept avoiding Danee, even when Danee tried to make an eye contact, Areum ignored her. Sometimes, Areum would steal glances of Danee playing robot with Eunjung and Hyomin. Danee’s laughters annoys the hell out of her.

 

“So, whose house first?” The manager oppa said after a while in the car.

“Hahaha, funny oppa,” Soyeon let out playful laughter but all the other girls have already passed out in the car.

Soyeon who was sitting the front seat also began falling asleep. Areum who was sitting at the back of the car was staring at the dark air outside the window, sometimes falling asleep but woke up. Danee who was also sitting beside her was also acting like her, falling asleep and waking up.

“Pfft, why are you so tired?” Areum said slowly and it woke Danee up.

“I am tired too, unnie..” Danee kinda sound annoyed with Areum’s cold behaviour.

“Tired?” Areum said and smirked to herself. Danee wanted to say more but decided it’s best for her to shut up as she doesn’t want to a pick fight with Areum.

It was 4 a.m. when the girls arrived home and all of them headed to their respective rooms.

Areum was tossing around on her bed, can’t seem to fall asleep. She took out her handphone and saw it was already 5.30 a.m.

“Urgh, I need to sleep...” Areum whined to herself.

After another 30 more minutes of toss and turn on her bed, Areum got up and headed to the kitchen. To her surprise, she saw Soyeon drinking a cup of coffee in the kitchen. Soyeon noticed Areum’s presence and ignored her.

Areum walked awkwardly to the kitchen, after her ordeal with Soyeon before, she never talked to her older sister since. Areum opened kitchen cabinet and found packs of ramyun, so she decided to cook one.

“Are you hungry?” Soyeon broke the silence and it froze Areum.

“Uh-uh...” Areum nodded and proceeded to boil the water.

“U..un..unnie you want too?” Areum asked Soyeon.

“Can you make me one too?” Soyeon asked.

Areum turned around and quickly nodded with a smile.

“Unnie, do you want an egg on top of it too?” Areum asked while unpacking the ramyun.

“Nooo, I don’t like it that way, just the normal ramyun..” Soyeon said and continue sipping her coffee.

Areum put the two bowls of ramyun on the kitchen table and gave Soyeon her chopsticks.

Soyeon got up and took out a plate of steamed chicken cutlets from the refrigerator, heat it up for a while in the microwave and served onto the table.

“Wahhh, chicken cutlets..” Areum said and took one into her bowl.

“Your mom gave it to me yesterday and asked to give it to you to eat..” Soyeon said and began eating her ramyun.

After a while, Areum said,

“Unnie.. about earlier...”

“Forget it.. just make sure you won’t do it again,” Soyeon said and put another chicken cutlet into Areum’s bowl.

“I’m sorry, unnie..” Areum said and nodded.

“Don’t say sorry to me...” Soyeon said and the two continued eating.