Chapter 8 - Toying With You

Broken Triangle

 

S POV

            I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing worse than having to hear the name, “Eunhyuk” come out of a girl’s mouth. Especially the one of the girl you cared about. That night, we didn’t have a concert, so I couldn’t see her. But when I messaged her, I was surprised to see that she was still not home. Feeling slightly worried, I prepared to head out and see where she could have been when she signed on.

SungminPumpkin: Oh, you’re on.

ViolentAegyoPrincess: mhmm 

SungminPumpkin: You sound really happy today. Good day in school? ^^

ViolentAegyoPrincess: Yes. I had a surprise afterschool. It was really weird. Eunhyuk-oppa showed up out of nowhere and took me out to dance.

            I sat back, shocked. WHAT? I reread that line multiple times to ensure I wasn’t seeing things. No, the words “Eunhyuk” and “took me out” glared back at me.

SungminPumpkin: … You don’t even know him, weren’t you creeped out?

ViolentAegyoPrinces: keke, I should be shouldn’t I? But he was so sweet. It was so random and he had flowers, and all my friends were pushing for me to go. I don’t know. Now that you say it, it was kind of weird.

SungminPumpkin: Yeah, that’s what I was saying too. Maybe you should avoid him.

ViolentAegyoPrincess: maybe… anyway, it’s all in good fun. Don’t worry too much about it Sungminnie. I have to go, good night.

            Before I could type back a response, she was gone. I slumped in my seat. This whole thing was completely wrong. Why couldn’t she see that he is a bastard, someone who doesn’t deserve her? The way she avoided the topic made it certain to me that she’s infatuated. I sighed. What was it about him that made him so popular?

            I walked out of my room and heard Eunhyuk’s voice coming from inside his room. I stopped, intrigued when I heard Jasmine’s name.

            “Oh Donghae, this is good. I always loved a chase, but she’s almost making it too easy for me to get her. I mean, I show up and bam, date accepted. I almost feel bad for Sungmin. He has no chance. I think it’s clear who has the upper hand here.”

            Donghae’s reply made me wonder about his personality. All these years together and these boys are so different from how fans perceive them to be. “What is it you have against Sungmin? Is it the Hyoyeon incident? Don’t you think you’re being a little harsh. The little bunny never finds people he likes, and now you’re taking her away from him.”

            The dancer laughed derisively. “Tell me if I give a damn. To me, it’s not about liking her or not. Honestly, it all depends on what she can give me, and how entertained I will be. Honestly, Hyoyeon was getting boring. I was going to break up with her anyway. But, Sungmin found it prudent to blab. Unacceptable breach of the brotherhood code.”

            I sneered. Right, and stealing my crush isn’t? My hands curled into fists. Did he see her only as a play thing, a toy? Because I guaranteed she’s more precious than this, and definitely will not be pleased when she hears.

            “Tomorrow, I’m going to court her a little more. I just wish she would give me a little resistance, a little challenge. After all, what is the point of getting the girl when she is already falling at your feet?”

            “And what exactly do you plan on doing with her?” Donghae asked.

            “Oh, I don’t know. Toy around, play with her affections, break her heart a little. But most importantly, get her attention off of Sungmin.”

            His friend chuckled. “You hold such a grudge.” Donghae’s betrayal cut into me. He basically threw away our friendship just for Eunhyuk. He didn’t even bother defending me when he knows I am in the right. I stormed in.

            “Lee Eunhyuk, who the hell do you think you are? You need to be taught a lesson. You can’t go around in life playing around with other people’s affections. One day this will catch up to you and bite you in the behind.” I raged.

            Eunhyuk’s eyebrows raised lazily. “Oh, Sungmin. I’m assuming you were eavesdropping. Well congratulations. I dare you to warn your girlfriend. Go ahead, do it. I want to see if she believes you.”

            I flew across the room to tackle him to the ground. Donghae pushed me out of my trajectory and pinned me to the ground. “Are you crazy hyung?”

            “Don’t call me hyung when you’re going to be supporting his wandering ways! I’m ashamed of you. I always thought you had more integrity than this, and yet here you are, encouraging this devilry.”

            Donghae shrugged. “Honestly, I don’t think this is going anywhere. Just let Eunhyuk blow off steam, and you can always help make her feel better.”

            I struggled to free myself and stared in disgust at the two of them. “I can’t believe you two. I’m disappointed. I thought you would be made of stronger fibers than this. Eunhyuk, you’re not going to get her if it’s the last thing I do.”

            Eunhyuk waved rudely from his chair. “Well, I tip my hat off to you, Mr. Lee, if you can convince her to stay away from me. But before you get too confident, I’ll let you know I already have her under my spell.

E POV

            When Sungmin came in in a rage, I smirked and knew that mission was accomplished. I didn’t expect for him to hear me, but this was only an added bonus. The fury on his face was superiorly satisfying and the confidence I had in myself only made this so much sweeter.

            It didn’t hurt that Jasmine was an interesting girl, enough to keep me willing to fight for her. I leaned back lazily as he got up and wiping furiously at his nose, walked out of my room. Donghae, ever the compromising one, gave me a slightly troubled look but I waved it away. It wasn’t my problem Sungmin had gotten on my bad side.

            “Weren’t you a tad harsh?” Donghae whispered.

            I rolled my eyes. “Oh gosh, not you too. I know what I’m doing. Trust me. Sungmin deserves this.”

            Donghae sighed and left the room, looking troubled.

 

THANK YOU ALL FOR WAITING SO PATIENTLY.

IN 20 DAYS IM GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER MASS UPDATE ♥

keke I'm 17 now and feeling so old XP