Chapter 10 - Falling

Broken Triangle

 

E POV

            I made sure that to ensure she fell for me completely, I always spent time with her. Every day after she came out from school. I tried my best to be there. If I couldn’t be there, I sent people in my place to give her flowers, chocolate or whatever. I have to admit, there was nothing better than the thrill of the chase. Although it’s starting to become less of a chase.

            She was always nice and receiving. I tried to find any flaw with her, but it just wasn’t possible. She remained pretty much as damn close to perfect as anyone can get. I understood Sungmin’s fascination with her. We still weren’t talking, and that was honestly perfectly fine with me. He wanted to act like an immature child; I could handle that.

            The other members have picked up on the tension, and Leeteuk has tried his best to force us together, to reconcile. But like always, these things never worked.  The one thing that bothered me was that Donghae was beginning to get miffed. At first he had tolerated my need for revenge, but even now he thinks that playing with a girl just to hurt one of my “brothers” was too much.

             I smiled down at her and noticed the small grin on her face. She shyly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and shuffled her feet. All of a sudden, my hands itched to hold hers. I slipped my fingers through hers and laced them together. She seemed to jump at the contact but I gripped them firmly.

            I held her closer and pushed her towards a photo booth. She gasped slightly and stumbled as she entered. I slid her next to me on the soft seat and turned her face towards the camera. “Smile, yeobo. You’re really gorgeous.” She smiled tentatively and I slung my arms around her, lowering my chin on her shoulder.

            I grinned widely and I allowed my fingers to gently lips into a larger smile. When the picture came out, I showed it to her and she instinctively buried her face into my shoulder. I found myself unable to control my laughter. She felt the shaking of my body and looked up, slightly pouting.

            “Hey, you’re just like Sungmin-oppa. Both of you find it amusing to make fun of me.”

            He innocent mention of Sungmin brought me into reality. She was still thinking about him. It didn’t matter what he did, she still thought about him. Suddenly, it made me furious. It made me feel as if all this time, I was only wasting my time. She will never forget about him. No matter how hard I tried. But what surprised, and angered, me the most was how I felt. I could not believe that I was actually feeling jealous. No faking this time.

            She timidly placed her head back on my chest and I felt a slight purr of content. She shyly lifted her arms to place them around her neck and I felt a jolt of shock. Was she really doing what I thought she was? I smiled to myself and leaned in closer. I used my left hand to take the picture and this one came out to be the best.

            She was facing the camera, but her chin was tilted up so it seemed as if she was trying to look at me. Our heads were meshed together in a way that made us appear intimate. I felt a shiver of happiness go through me and wondered what was happening.

            After I framed the picture, I gave it to her and dropped her off. I bent down to kiss her on the lips and felt her melt into me. My palms began to become slick with sweat and when I left, I couldn’t stop smiling. In all the weeks I have spent with her I have never felt this way before. As I turned the corner, I found myself looking back to see the silhouette of her figure disappear into the house.

            I went home and jumped onto my bed, wondering just what was wrong with me.

J POV

             I couldn’t stop myself from seeing him. He was a drug, an addiction. I always expected some sort of interaction with him. It was unhealthy and I know it. But I couldn’t stop. Pretty soon, it became somewhat of an obsession for me. I could not get him out of my mind, could not manage to shrug him off.

            I thought of what Sungmin had told me. He was a known player. His Casanova personality was well acknowledged. So what was I doing still being with him, and potentially hurting myself? I knew I was acting like an idiot, but I didn’t want to let him go.

            I touched a finger to my lips and realized how much I liked him. Then I thought of Sungmin’s fury, and perhaps pain. I had long suspected that he had feelings for me, but I had brushed it off, hoping things would fade. But apparently they have not.

            I never went online, wanting to avoid him. At the same time, I knew it was futile. He wouldn’t be on anyway. I genuinely felt a pang of grief over our lost friendship. It was still awkward seeing him during their performances. But he managed to stay away from me, and I made sure to keep my distance as well. I didn’t want to hurt him any more than I already have. He was a kind person. He didn’t deserve what I did to him. He honestly needed someone who will care for him, and unfortunately that girl isn’t me. There was nothing I could do. I had set myself on a rollercoaster for pain, and I didn’t need to drag him into it as well.