Chapter 17 - Ultimatum

Broken Triangle

 

E POV

            The fans always find out. They have their own networks and without fail, they always know when there was conflict within our group. The moment we got home, there was already a flood of newspaper articles. Some of the fans have caught pictures of Sungmin’s bruise and I bit my lip. This was not going to be good at all.

            Rumors were flying and one fan miraculously had a very correct storyline. She speculated that we were fighting over a girl and the girl may be an idol. Pictures of random staffs were showing up as possible reasons for our fight. I closed the window when I received a text from a friend, asking if the fight was true.

            I cast a quick glance at Sungmin. He was on his laptop. It wouldn’t be long before he, too, realized what was going on. Sure enough, as I was watching him, Sungmin’s face turned a bright pink and he snarled. He glared at me.

            “Look at what you’ve done.”

            That did it. I stood up and stalked over to him. “What I did? Excuse me, Lee Sungmin. Last I checked, you threw the first punch. You’re always blaming this on me aren’t you? You blamed me for losing the girl in the first place too. Why don’t you look at yourself, evaluate yourself a bit and realize that maybe it’s not always me?”

            And then there was an explosion as we lunged at one another. It was a continuation of our fight from before and I will be damned before I backed down. The other members came running and they tried to pull us off. Leeteuk glared at us. “Don’t make me have to tell the company.”

            The next day I couldn’t help it. When asked who my least favorite member was, I didn’t hesitate to say Sungmin and he repaid in the same fashion. The MC was surprised and thought we had coordinated but when we couldn’t stop casting angry looks at one another, people took the hint. They started to whisper, rumors began to spread.

            The MC finally asked, “Why do you dislike each other?”

            Sungmin breathed. “He’s just a really bad person. You should see him with girls, it’s quite disgusting.”

            The entire studio burst into commotion as our manager stepped forth and tried to stop the interview. The host saw gossip and had honed in but the interview was cancelled and what was aired was aired. Leeteuk glared. “Wait until the company hears.”

            Immediately online, Kyuhyun informed the two of us that Jewels and VitaMins were starting battles. They were insulting one another and smearing both our names. Evidence of girlfriends and whatever past scandals began to arise as the two fan groups tried to bring the other down.

            Leeteuk glared at the two of us. “How could you be so irresponsible?”

            It was up to us to try and placate them. I sent out a tweet, telling Jewels that everything had been a joke and whoever made fun of Sungmin was making fun of me too. But the wars were getting nasty, as people threatened to boycott Sungmin’s musical or Sukira.

S POV

            He always overdid everything. I snarled. If he hadn’t decided to be such a jerk about everything and almost gave us away in that interview. I tried to be cute and tried to coax my fans to stop but the news were still splashing. Each day the tabloid headlines looked something along the lines of: Super Junior’s Fandom Split Due to Member Feud.

            The other members gave us disappointed looks. Not one approved of this and it was understandable. During performances, our names were the least screamed during fan chants, sometimes, they were completely cut off. Nobody cheered when we performed and it was the other members who received the love. VitaMins tried to block Jewels from entering and vice versa. The sea of sapphire blue shrunk as fans began to just not come.          

            When fans wanted to boycott the individual album covers, SM stepped in. They issued an ultimatum. Leeteuk walked into practice with a letter in his hand.

            “It has come to our attention that there has been tension between Lee Sungmin and Lee Hyukjae. The company is going to warn them once. If this tension begins to affect marketing strategies and sales orders, SM Entertainment would have no choice but to send them away. The integrity of the company is at stake.”

            Leeteuk raised an eyebrow. “Better start shaping up.”