Chapter 7 - Dance Dance Revenge

Broken Triangle

 

J POV

            He was in my head the entire night, and when I woke up the next morning, he was there too. It was like I suddenly became someone I wasn’t. Someone who could become obsessed with boys. But there was a certain charisma to him that made me feel attracted, drawn like a magnet to him.

            I sighed and buried my head in my books. Now was not the time to moon over a boy. I had to make sure I got the scholarship. I needed to go to college, and fulfill my dream. But in the margins, I couldn’t help but draw in tiny hearts with arrows flying through them. Horrified, I slashed them out and prayed nobody noticed.

            When class let out, I walked out the door with my two friends. They knew that I worked with Super Junior and was always begging me to let them meet them.

            “Oh, gah. I want to meet Sungmin soo badly. He’s so adorable. You’re so lucky you saw him at Super Show!” one of them gushed. I shrugged, not bothering to tell her that he was one of my best friends. That would make things complicated. Then I felt a tug on my arm.

            “Holy, is that Eunhyuk? Why is he here? And he has a huge bouquet of roses.” She pointed out. I looked and there he was, standing with sunglasses on, with a large bushel in his hands. “Could he be here for you? There’s no one else that’s associated with them. Holy cow, you lucky woman.” She smacked my arm.

            “Ya, you could be wrong you know,” I whispered softly, but in my heart I sort of wished it was for me. When I walked into his view, he saw me and brightened. Oh goodness, he approached me and held out the bouquet.

            “Jasmine! I found you.” His voice was velvet in my ears. The other two nudged me and continued to raise their eyebrows at me. But I turned away and coughed slightly.

            “Oppa, wh-what are you doing here? Don’t you have a schedule?” I blurted.

            His face creased into an easy smile. “Nope, and I decided to see you instead. Come on, I know you have to go to night school in a few more hours, so I’ll steal you while I can. If you’ll excuse us ladies,” he winks at my companions and they almost swoon next to me.

            “Have fun Jasmine!” They waved and wiggled their eyebrows boisterously. He took my hand and led me to his silver Audi. He opened the door for me and I got in, completely self-conscious. How had he found out so much about me?

            “So, I hope you like to dance. Because that’s where we’re going first. I’m taking you to a DDR arena. It’ll be fun. We’ll be playing with partners, and if you’re not confident enough, I’m the Dance Machine.” He flashed me a gummy smile. Somehow, the way he said it wasn’t self-centered. It was rather adorably confident.

            I glanced down at my hands. “I can’t dance that well, but my mother did make me take ballet classes.”

            He briefly took his eyes off the road. “Chincha? Well, then you’re a rarity. Hardly anyone these days decide to learn ballet anyway. Wow, you’re amazing.” That tiny statement was enough to make me turn a bright red. Why did he have to say things in such a way that made me feel as if I’m the only girl in the world?

            I sneaked a look at his profile and felt my breath catch. He had a strong profile, with sharp jaws and eyes that opened wide and perfectly shaped lips. I looked away, wondering just what exactly was wrong with me.

E POV

            I knew that what I was doing could be interpreted the wrong way. I barely knew the girl, and already I was pursuing her. I have to admit, part of it was to spite Sungmin, but she’s intriguing. And besides, I’m bored. What’s wrong with a little experimentation once in a while? I decided to find out everything I knew about her. It wasn’t hard. Sungmin’s hard drive is a stalker’s haven. He had files on her basic information as well as observations about her. He’s creepy. I swear, what do girls see in him

            I decided to surprise her, and take her out on a surprise date. Her work ethic is impressive. She has classes in the morning and night college. On days when she has to work for our concerts, she goes to midnight classes. I have to say, she knows how to push herself. It’s not Sungmin’s judgment I question, it’s hers. But apparently, from what I see, she’s not as smitten with Sungmin as I would believe. Hmm, maybe I have a chance. Not that I ever doubted.

            And I was right. The moment I approached her, she blushed and while her friends elbowed her, she wouldn’t lift her eyes. Aww, that was kind of cute. When I handed her the flowers, the first thing that came out of was, “Oppa, wh-what are you doing here? Don’t you have a schedule?”

            This girl is precious. Any other one would be falling over their feet to take the bouquet, but first she asks if I was playing hooky. She’s priceless. I smiled to myself and continued driving. Once or twice, I snuck a look and saw that she was staring down at her hands.

            When we got to the arena, I walked over to her side and opened her door for her. I didn’t wait for permission, I took her hand in mine and we walked into the arena. I could feel her hands clench slightly when she saw the tall screens and the electronic mats, the music going all around and the people.

            I gripped her hand tighter and we walked to the back into a darker room. I could feel her trembling next to me. “Hey, don’t worry about it,” I whispered into her ear. She squeaked slightly and I chuckled. She’s so adorable. I put my arms around her waist and called out, “Hey guys, we’re here and we accept your challenge.”

            Yoona and Taemin walked out. “Oppa!” “Hyung!”

            “This is Jasmine. These people you already know. They’ll be challenging us to DDR. It’ll be fun. Don’t worry about it. We’re playing with partners so I’ll be helping you with moves you missed.”

            Yoona grinned happily. “Wow, you’re so pretty! Okay, but I think we should have her partner with me first.”

            I shrugged. Jasmine walked over to Yoona and the music started. Taemin and I sat back and watched as the two girls tried to score as high a point as possible. I saw Jasmine fumbling a bit at first and Yoona failing along with her. They dissolved into laughter and I smiled. Yoona was the only SNSD member not mad at me, and that was because she knows I am really sorry for cheating on Hyo.

            When their song ended Taemin snorted. “Oh psh, you guys. Your score is horrible. Eunhyuk-hyung and I will rock this house.” I shook my head, we hit all the right notes, before Yoona poked Taemin and he fell over.

            “That’s not fair! You cheated!” he shouted, before laughing. It didn’t matter to the little boy. He just liked having fun.

            I pulled Jasmine up next to me. “Come on. It’s our turn.” I picked a slower song, with a nice violin background. She blushed and was a little stiff at first, moving to avoid touching me. So I started with little brushes. Baby touches that whispered across her skin, as if a ghost went by, and she didn’t realize. Once, I reached around her waist to touch the right arrow and I heard her gasp. There you go.

            The dancing continued, with us avoiding the other. Her face was concentrated and she was smiling a bit too, with her hair falling out of its ponytail. Damn she’s hot. But no emotions attached. This was purely to get back at Sungmin.

            When the song ended, somehow we ended up in a situation where her leg was under mine and our arms were crossed. She stared at me and I stared back at her. I was thinking, should I? Was it too soon? There was a severe cough and Taemin raised his eyes, warning me. I back off, and untangled myself.

            “Come on, I’ll take you home.”

J POV

            The things he did to me, I don’t understand. My head was swirling with confusion. Did I like him? Why did he look at me like that? All his touches sent electricity up my spine and I could feel myself tingling.

            When he got to my house, he got out and walked me to the porch. “I’ll see you around. Good night.” When he leaned in, I braced myself. I didn’t know if it was too soon, or if I liked it. I just waited. His lips brushed across the tops of my forehead and I opened my eyes, completely shocked. I never knew someone like him could be so sincere and sensitive. He smiled and waved before walking into the car.