Chapter 3 - Soup for the Soul

Broken Triangle

 

S POV

            The concert went well, but I couldn’t wait to get out fast enough. In the dressing room, the other members were lounging around, congratulating and relaxing. But I wiped off my makeup and grabbed a towel before walking back out. She told me that she would be helping to put away the lights so I wandered over to the lighting booth. Inside were a burly man and two skinny girls. None of them was Jasmine.

            I knocked on the glass window and one of the girls looked up. She blushed when she saw it was me and hurried out. “Annyeonghaseyeo, Sungmin-oppa. How can I help you?”

            “Hey, do you know a girl names Jasmine. I was looking for her, she, erm, left something with me,” I lied.

            The girl glanced at me curiously. I forced myself to keep calm. “Oh really? Wow, Jasmine probably didn’t know who you were. She wouldn’t ask an idol to do anything like that. She went home. She said she wasn’t feeling well.”

            I jolted. “Do you know where she lives? I mean, it’s kind of important I give this to her.”

            The girl shook her head. “Sorry oppa. I have no idea. Maybe you can go talk to the manager.”

            I weaved by the other people and tried to find the manager. I had no idea how he looked like until I saw a skinny man with a clipboard. “Hello, are you the manager?”

            He saw me and smiled. “Sungmin! Yes, I am. Why?”

            “Oh, I’m looking for a worker of yours. Her name’s Jasmine and I need her address.”

            Immediately he looked wary. “I hope you know that idols dating is not entirely encouraged. And if anything happens to you or her, I would be held responsible.”

            I snorted impatiently. “Look, she left her wallet with me and I want to return it. Please tell me where I can find her!”

            The manager looked abashed. “I see, well I will tell you, I don’t know. She listed her emergency place as the night college she goes to. She’s very secretive. Are you sure you don’t want to just give it to her tomorrow?”

            I shook my head. “Give me the address of the school and the telephone number.”

            He went over to his computer and wrote a bunch of information down on a piece of paper. “Thank you.” I walked out of the auditorium.

            I contemplated where to go. I swallowed. What had I gotten myself into? I input the address into my iPhone and followed the directions. It led to a small school on a tiny campus. I crossed the green lawn and stood in front of the door. The doors swung open and a bunch of students walked out. They saw me and startled. I pulled the hood over my head and hid my face.

            When the classroom became empty, I walked in. The teacher looked up. “Yes? How may I help you?”

            “I’m looking for Jasmine? I have her wallet and I want to give it back to her. But she left work early so I wasn’t able to return it.”

            He raised an eyebrow. “And who are you? I need to know who you are.”

            I bit my lips. “Never mind.”

            When I walked out, a girl grabbed my arm. “I heard you were looking for Jasmine? I know where to find her. She wasn’t in class a few weeks ago and I had to deliver our homework.”

            I smiled gratefully. “Thank you.”

            We walked down the streets and I used my phone to check that she wasn’t leading me anywhere shady. “So, are you Jasmine’s boyfriend? She seems pretty lonely. She had to drop out of school to take care of her mom and everything. I think she needs someone in her life to take care of her.”

            “Oh really? Tell me more about her. I’m not her boyfriend. But I do really like her. She makes me happy. But I’ve only known her for a while. In fact, give me her address. I want to prepare something for her.”

            She pulled me into a bench. “I really like her. But she’s a fragile girl. She’s never had a relationship. Just treat her right okay?” she pressed a piece of paper in my hands. “Here, go to her.”

            I walked back to the dorms, running to prepare my surprise for her. The others were already back when I came storming in. Leeteuk-hyung raised his eyebrows but I ignored him. I walked into the kitchen and took out a pot. Turning on the heat, I rummaged in the refrigerator for anything.

            After heating the water, I added meat, vegetables before making noodles. Semi spicy chicken noodle soup was always helpful when a person was sick. I packed it in a container and looked at my watch. It was eight. Her place wasn’t that far, I checked. I waved bye to the bewildered members and walked out the door.

            I walked over to her house and knocked on the doors. I stood outside, knocking for a while until she finally came to the door. Her hair was in tangles, her eyes had rings underneath and she looked super tired. I felt bad for waking her up but I held out the soup. “I heard you were sick. Please take this.”

            She looked at the package in my hands and pulled me into the house. “You’re so sweet. How did you find out where I lived?”

            I relayed my chase and she smiled a little. “Oppa’s so thoughtful to his friends. Thank you. It smells really good.”

            I gently placed a hand on the small of her back and pushed her towards the couch. “Sit.” She obeyed and I lifted a spoon to . She obediently swallowed it and smiled. “It tastes good too.”

            I grinned widely. I fed her some more and got a wet towel for her. “I was so worried when I didn’t see you. Please feel better. You make me really happy when I can see you.”

            She blushed and looked down. “Don’t say that. I’m just an ordinary girl. Thank you so much, oppa.”

            I stood up to leave. But I made sure to pick her up and put her to bed. She protested a bit when I lifted her, but I was adamant. I tucked her in and resisted the urge to lean in and kiss her forehead. I waved goodbye. She handed me the keys and told me to lock myself out.

            “Don’t you dare come to work tomorrow. That’s an order. Oppa will be back tomorrow okay?” I commanded, shaking a finger at her in mock reproach.

            She laughed and nodded, closing her eyes. I watched in content as she breathed slowly. I turned to go.

            I got back and Ryeowook was up, waiting for me. “Where did you go, Sungmin-ah?”

            I turned around before he could see my blush. “Nowhere.”

            “Nowhere? Hyung, you were cooking. Is somebody sick? Is it,” he paused for effect. “A girl? Hmm hyung?”

            I smiled a little. “You’re blushing! It is!”

            “Shh, not so loud.”

            “Who is she?” he asked.

            I shrugged. “I’ll tell you when something happens okay?” I patted the eternal maknae on the head and walked to bed. 

 

Finished writing: July 27

AHHHH Part of my goal to updaet all 9 of my stories on the day of their comeback :D

Ahh Heechul why so hot?

Waiting for the Music teaser.

Super Junior: Return of the Superior

MR. SIMPLE IS AMAZING I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Opera and Y is amazing. Good Friends, cry and read the translations >-<