Chapter 11- No More

Broken Triangle

 

S POV

            I was walking in the mall one day when I heard two very familiar voices. I whipped around and saw Jasmine walking hand in hand with Eunhyuk. She was smiling at him and he was making the stuffed teddy bear do weird motions with his arms. Ugh, the sight of the two of them made me want to barf.

            She smiled at him and grabbed his cheeks when the bear nuzzled her neck. I tried to sidestep, and hide behind the next stack of shelves but she saw me and stopped. “Sungmin-shi!” She called out. I groaned when I saw Eunhyuk raise an eyebrow. Stupid jerk must think I’m stalking them.

            I waved awkwardly and nodded at the person whom I’ve always seen as a brother. He dipped his head in acknowledgement. Jasmine came up to me and swung my arms around. “I haven’t seen you in a while. You’re never online and I feel like every time after a concert, you’re rushing to leave. Why are you here?”

            I shrugged. “Same reason you two are. I mean, it’s obviously not a date. But I need to buy things too.”

            She linked arms with the two of us and giggled. “Great, so now I get to be taken on a tour by two of Super Junior’s hottest guys. Aren’t I lucky?”

            I bit back a smile and turned to look at Eunhyuk. His face was twisted as if he had swallowed something sour. But then I felt slightly guilty. She wasn’t mine to want. I shouldn’t be this happy.

            I casually unlinked our arms and fell back, preferring to watch them. If she was bothered by my rebuff, she didn’t say anything. Instead she only grabbed onto her boyfriend and pointed at a large stuffed teddy bear. He leaned into her to hear what she had to say.

            I felt a painful loss and wanted to smack him. Damn him. He was really a good actor, stupid bastard. He knew exactly how to get a girl and has no shame. I felt bile rise when I considered that he was all faking. Because he wanted to get revenge. There was a tad of bitterness that made me want to see her get hurt. If he hurts her, the only thing I can and will say to her is “I told you so.”

            I followed them throughout the shop and eventually he walked her to her school. I should have left, because they seem to have forgotten me. But I decided to stay and watch. And I felt the need to talk to him.

            Before she walked in, she tiptoed up and whispered, “Don’t hit on random strangers while I’m gone okay?” Psh, I scoffed in my head. Just the same way he had hit on you, right random stranger girl who worked backstage? I looked away when he kissed her.

            He turned to me after dropping her off and I grabbed his arm. “Eunhyuk, we need to talk.”

            He looked at me, no hint of a smirk in his features. “Go ahead.”

            “I get it. You hate me for telling Hyoyeon what you did. And I’m sorry. What did you expect? I can’t stand to see another girl hurt over your foolish actions. It’s only right what I did. But did you really have to come and take away the girl whom I actually have developed feelings for? I promise, if given the chance, she would eventually learn to like me.”

            He shrugged. “It did start out as that. But the more time I spend with her, the more I like her. I know what you think of me. You think I don’t deserve her. I apologize for starting out with bad intentions. But I do like her.”

            The shock of his confession created such an impact, I had to steady myself. He couldn’t. He just couldn’t. I shook my head and he smiled sadly. “But you know you’re always there. She’s always mentioning you. It’s ridiculous. Sometimes I wonder why she just didn’t tell you she liked you.”

            I stared at him suspiciously. This was not the Eunhyuk I knew. The one I knew would never admit that his Casanova ways were wrong. He would never admit that he had done wrong. In fact this confession that she may actually like me was so out of character with him, I had to check.

            “Are you okay? I mean, I’ve never seen you this honest before. Especially when it came to your “skills.””

            He snorted and rolled his eyes. The hyung in me smiled. He was still the same. “Forget I said anything. I just wanted to make sure that we were on good terms. Whatever. I like Jasmine and she likes me. Enough said.”

            He shoved his hands in his pockets and turned to walk back to the dorms.

            My eyes followed his retreating back sadly. As much as I wanted to hate him, he was a member of the band. He was my dongsaeng. In the long run, I have no choice but to give up to him. I recalled a drama I once saw and choked back tears. Jasmine, I’m sorry. I hope you’re happy with him.