Chapter 6- All Messed Up

Broken Triangle

 

J POV

            Working at Super Shows is great. Not only was I able to stand in the back, I could watch some performances as well. When it was Sungmin’s turn, I wanted to leave the booth, but one of my partners had to run to the bathroom. I looked at her in despair as she ran down the hall. What was wrong with her? I wanted to see Sungmin-oppa.

            But instead, I had to make sure the lights were dim and follow the spotlight around him as he danced with those s. Aish, it hurts to see my best friend being overtaken by a bunch of girls, even if it were their jobs. So I tried to peek once in a while. By the time my partner came back, his solo was over. I sighed unhappily. When he walked by to change, I gave him a hurried thumbs up before switching the gears for the next solo. Hmm, this one should be interesting. It was Eunhyuk’s. Of all the Super Junior members, he was the most mysterious to me. I didn’t actually know how he looked like, nor how he was as a person. It seemed every time they had a concert, he was locked away, practicing.

            My partner poked me. “Jasmine, you can take a break now. Go out and check out this performance. It’s amazing, I promise. Eunhyuk is such a hottie.” I giggled to myself. Not entirely sure that that was the best criteria for putting on a good performance, I walked out.

            Donghae was standing on the sides watching as well. I stood a little further away from him and watched the performance start. At first, he was all covered up, enhancing the mysterious image. His dancing is impressive. I felt myself blown away by the languidness of his motions and the power he put in. The fans cheered crazily and I totally understood why.

            Then he disappeared. A couple of backup dancers showed up and the music changed completely. It was Sean Kingston’s Down. I’m not a huge fan of pop music, but even I had to admit that this song had great musical elements. I stood there watching and saw him come up. His entire outfit was changed. Now in a leather jacket and black wifebeater, his hair was spiked and he had on sunglasses. Hottie indeed.

            I watched him dance and sing, and sort of fell in admiration. I now understood what the hype was about. This idol is amazing. My mouth dropped open as I caught a glimpse of his amazing body. Ya, I chastised myself. Stop thinking nasty thoughts.

So baby don’t worry, You are my only,

You won’t be lonely, Even if the sky is falling down

You’ll be my only, no need to worry

Baby are you down down down down down

Even if the sky is falling down

            The music ended and I cheered along with the crowd. He flourished his microphone before going back down in the stage. I went back to my booth, slightly dazed. Whoa, that was a heart pounding performance.

            After the entire concert was over, Ryeowook approached me with a tentative smile on his face. “Annyeong! I just wanted to ask you a question. How long are you going to work with us? You’re such a great technician! And Sungmin-hyung really enjoys your company!”

            I smiled at him kindly. He really was sweet. I was only a few months younger than he was. “Kamsahamnida oppa. I will be working for as long I need to. I wish to finally go to music school in a year at most. So no worries, you will definitely see me around.”

            “Jasmine is it?” a deeper voice interjected in our conversation. I twirled around to see who it was and nearly fainted. Standing in front of me is Eunhyuk, complete with sweat beads rolling down his face and that delicious wifebeater hugging his body.

E POV

            The moment after the concert was done; I went straight from backstage to where I saw Ryeowook talking to a petite girl. I smirked, just who I was looking for. I knew her name was Jasmine and that Sungmin had feelings for her. She really isn’t that bad looking if I must say. Sungmin does have good taste.

            I marched over to them with the intention of getting her. Not that I’m really attracted to her. It’s just, Sungmin bothers me. A few weeks ago, he found out that I had been cheating on Hyoyeon with Sooyoung. I know what I did was wrong, but who can blame a boy for being bored? I mean, Hyoyeon’s nice and all, but I needed someone who was weirder, and Sooyoung just happened to be there.

            Sungmin had found out and grew all self-righteous on me. When I refused to repent, he threatened to tell her. I called his bluff, never thinking he would. And now I have the entire group of SNSD hating me. That stupid rotten pumpkin. He ruined everything. So now it’s my turn to ruin him.

            Right after the concert, I went to find Jasmine. I heard Ryeowook blabbering and I knew then that he was distracting her so Sungmin could make his move. Unfortunately for you pumpkin boy, I’m going to get there first.

            “Jasmine is it?”  I asked.

            She twirled around and I was satisfied to see drop open. Like what you see girl? Ryeowook shot me an exasperated look, but I pretended not to notice. I smiled charmingly at Jasmine. She nodded and smiled. “Neh, Eunhyuk-oppa, I don’t believe we’ve met.”

            I took her hand and in one swift gesture, brought it up to my lips. She didn’t react and I looked up at her. Instead, she was staring at me with those cute wide eyes of hers. A slow blush was forming over her cheeks and spreading to the tips of her ears.

            I held her hand between us and smiled. “So, tell me about Super Show 3. How is it working behind the stage for it? I’m sorry if all our lights makes you work too hard. Mianhe.” I bowed to her.

            She shook her head, her hair bouncing in her ponytail. “It’s okay. It’s my job! If I didn’t work hard, then it’s useless. Besides, the performances are amazing. I wish I could have seen Sungmin-oppa’s. But I saw yours, and it’s fantastic!”

            If she noticed the way my thumb was rubbing along the sides of her palms, she gave no indication. Hm, she wasn’t playing hard to get, she’s just clueless. Oh well, I can make her change her mind.

            Ryeowook has drifted off to the side where he could see the hallways properly. A few minutes later I saw him shaking his head furiously. I smirked. Sure enough, seconds later, Sungmin stepped into view. Oh I love this. The look on his face? Priceless. He looked as if he wanted to kill.

S POV

            When I walked out with the flowers behind my back, I almost dropped them. My hand fell out of my pocket where it held her bracelet. She was holding hands with Eunhyuk. She was smiling up at him, as if he had created light. She was talking to him. It wasn’t even jealousy I felt, it was a deep sadness, and also hate at him.

            I knew why he did it. It’s because he has no morals and he now wants to exact his revenge on me for breaking up what was left of his relationship. I’m sorry life couldn’t go your way, Hyukjae, I thought. And now he’s going to hurt her too.

            I felt Ryeowook place a hand on my shoulder. I let the flowers drop to the ground, a perfect metaphor for what has happened to my heart. Deliberately, I turned and walked away. Why did you have to fall under his spell?

 

FINALLY. The point of the story is becoming clear no?

SMTown NYC ♥

Super excited ^-^

Comments are loved please :D