Chapter 21 - Words of Wisdom

Broken Triangle

 

J POV

            I stared at my ticket and took a deep breath. This morning I had terminated my short time contract with SM Entertainment. I am now ready to move on. I withdrew from school and said goodbye to everyone I had to. Everyone except the two I have hurt. My goodbye would be brief because if any of them tried to hold me back, I would be done for.

            Instead, I focused on straightening out my affairs. When finally everything was ready, I took out the letter again.

Dear Jasmine,

            Congratulations on becoming a part of the Julliard’s School of Music Excellence’s Class of 2017. I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear from you as soon as possible. Attached, you can find…

            I smiled again. I had finally gotten in. My mother should be proud of me. I had fulfilled my dream. I would finally be able to focus on my classical music and quite possibly a future career I had always wanted to pursue. I no longer had to work, as this was a full scholarship. I just had to find a job to support myself and to send money back home.

            I straightened my shoulders and rolled my suitcase down towards the terminal. This was it. I took out my phone. It was about to be useless anyway and sent out one last text message. I sighed. I smiled at the flight attendant and walked onto the plane.

E POV

            My phone beeped and it was a text message from Jasmine. It took me a while to open it. Text messages from her, I’ve learned, are dangerous. She never seemed to be able to say what she wanted to say in person and had always resorted to using texts.

            I clicked it at the same time I saw Sungmin check his phone. So I was right. This was another one of those texts again. She had to stop treating us like this. Slightly angry, I stared at the message.

Eunhyuk, Sungmin,

            I left for America. I got into my dream school. I suppose this is good bye now? We were never meant to be. Ever. What happened this year was only an experience, something for us to learn from. Learn from it well. I have.

            Treasure each other. No more pettiness. Treat girls better. Don’t keep breaking our hearts. Guard your own better. No more letting pride get in the way.

            I hope the two of you can become as close as you were before. I would feel the utmost guilt if you still hated each other. Hate me instead. I do hope we meet again as three, so we can all laugh over how silly we were.

                                                                                                Best of Luck,

                                                                                                Jasmine

            Sungmin threw his phone across the room. It shattered and fell on the ground, useless. I laughed and walked over to him.

            “This is ridiculous. She had us played.”

S POV

            I didn’t know who to direct my frustrations at. A part of me wanted to laugh, another part of me wanted to cry. So she never saw the light. Or rather, she did, but not the right one. I wanted to hit her. She was still dense, even until the end.

            Did she think it would be that easy? I slammed my phone down and watched it fly towards the wall. Then Eunhyuk stood up and laughed.

            “This is ridiculous. She had us played.” He had his arms outstretched and I couldn’t help but laugh. We were so stupid. We had forgotten each other. She was right. We weren’t thinking of what was important.

            I stood up and gripped him in a hug. “You’re right, my brother.”

            Somewhere from the plane, I hope you see this, Jasmine. Thank you.

 

And this is it for this story ♥