Chapter 18 - Kiss Me Goodbye

Broken Triangle

 

E POV

            He wants to torture us. He wants to see one of be killed, the other in prison. I know it. The next day, Leeteuk came down with the cough. He came down with the cough and was in bed. Ryeowook couldn’t do Kiss the Radio either. So Leeteuk delegated me and Sungmin to take their spots.

            We were not pleased at all. I stared at the paper in front of me, determined to not interact with him. When we had to make small talk, it was dry and mainly about the weather. For the most part, we entertained the fans, much to their excitement. For one of the rare times, we were able to answer almost all of their questions and separately.

            It was a relief when we had to put on our songs. I knew that most people would expect us to be silently joking with one another but Sungmin stood up to go to the restroom and I didn’t protest. I stayed there and looked stuff up on the web.

            When he came back, I didn’t acknowledge him until I saw one of the producers glare at me. I pretended I just noticed his arrival and nodded at him, even managing to grin a bit. Everything was so fake, it was ridiculous.

            The entire segment was tense and I knew that the worse was coming. When we turned off the music, Sungmin and I were forced to face one another. His face was coldly impassive and I was sure mine looked the same.

            “We are going to go on Kiss the Radio: Fan Segment. We will be receiving live phone calls and each of us have ten seconds to respond. We will start with Sungmin-shi,” I introduced.

            The phone rang and I picked it up. “Yes? Hello Katy. You want to know, what does Sungmin do in his free time?”

            “I do martial arts and I also make sure that I tone myself so I would not disappoint ELFs. Saranghae!” he added sweetly and I fought the urge to puke. How appropriate.

            I gagged, making it seem like a joke. “Ugh, can you be even more disgusting.”

            But he caught my tone and glared. “Watch it. My revenge is coming. The next set of questions is from Amber of France. She wants to know if Eunhyuk if addicted to a certain type of ?”

            I blushed. “Nope. I don’t do .”

            Sungmin threw down his paper. “You’re a liar! Wow, what liar! I don’t believe you at all. Don’t believe him at all, fans! He’s a horrible addict and we all have proof! He’s not known as the Yadong King for nothing! He likes all sorts of stuff, especially hurting girls.”

            My mouth fell open. “Excuse me, sir. This is slander.”

            The writers were motioning for us to move on and I calmed down, determined to be the better person. “So, Sungmin, ever had a broken heart?” I read the question without thinking about it.

            He quieted. “Yes, actually. I liked this girl but one of my supposed close friends took her away from me. What can you do about bastards like that these days?” He sighed, and pouted in what I felt was an overly dramatic, unnecessary fashion.

            “Aww, I hope you heal from that.” He shot me a look that could kill.

            “I bet you do. Okay, next question. Oh, this one is awkward. Can you explain your feelings about J-Jasmine?”

            Both of us were floored. We never expected this question. The girl on the phone said, “Hello? By the way, this is Jasmine’s friend. And I’d like to have an explanation.”

“There’s nothing to explain,” I started.

            But Sungmin cut in. “Eunhyuk broke up with Jasmine and decided it was okay to kiss her anyway. And so now we have me, a heart broken guy, her, a confused girl and him, the player who pretended that he did it out of a good cause. That’s our story. Good night.”

            Sungmin stood up and closed the door to the studio.

            When we went home, everyone was furious. They couldn’t believe how unprofessionally we had acted. “Disgusting!” Leeteuk spat at us. Shindong just looked and shook his head. Our dongsaengs didn’t’ say anything but we could feel the weight of their anger.

            “You know, I may as well just let the two of you be kicked out of the company! If you’re going to be so precarious and not care about your position, I don’t see why I have to suffer gray hairs for you. I’m done.” Leeteuk slammed the door closed and we stood there, not looking at one another.

            Kyuhyun sighed. “I guess you guys really did it this time. What’s so special about the girl anyway? It’s clear she likes Eunhyuk. And when you gave her up, Sungmin had every right. You two are making lives too complicated.”

            Donghae nodded. “Why can’t you try to make up? This is messing up the entire group.” He looked near tears and I went to comfort him.

            Sungmin sighed. “How about we just don’t talk to one another? We’ll be professional.”

            I looked at him. “Deal.” 

 

Three more chapters left guys~

I'm sorry if these chapters aren't very good but this story is SO hard to write.