A Little Competition

What Love Is

Benin's POV

Lunch time was already over as every students have gone to their respective classes. Unfortunately, Donnalyn and I have the same class which is Calculus. So we both decided to go to our class together, well it was actually only me who decided it nd she doesn't have any say to it. As soon as we reach our room, we immediately went to our seats.

"Good Afternoon class." Mr. Marcos said as we all greeted back

"So the results of your previous examination is already in my hands." Mr. Marcos said as he went to his bag and got the paprs.

Everyone in the classroom was all nervous to see their examination result for the reason they know that they don't need to expect a high score, well except for me and Mark Lenard or also known for his nickname "Makso". 

"So students, are you all excited to see the results?" Mr. Marcos said with a sarcasm in his voice as I look at everyone and saw them all annoyed.

"I would like to tell you all that Benin and Mark Lenard got the highest score in this class." Mr. Marcos said as I glimpse at Donnalyn who just rolled her eyes.

I stood up and also Makso to get our said test paper. As we went back to our seat, we passed by the side wherein Donnalyn was seated then, Makso whispered to me, "You just got lucky." 

I was a bit pissed off at that. Who is he to tell me that?! I'm sure he was the one who got lucky.  I was born with a talent in math. I sat off not in a mood which I'm sure Donnalyn saw if ever she was looking at me.

The class went off without me listening. all I need now is time for me to relax a bit and get that stress off of me. As the bell rang, I quickly stood up and went to get my bag. I was not in the mood to talk to anyone even with my friends. 

End of his POV

Donnalyn's POV

I can't believe it! Benin is also good in Calculus. I always thought he is just a happy go lucky guy. As Mr. Marcos called them both to get their papers, I took a glance on him and saw him looking at me. In order not to notice me looking at him, I just rolled my eyes, saying that he is annoying but the truth is, he isn't. As they where about to take their seats, I heard Makso says to Benin, "You just got lucky." And from the way I see it, Benin got pissed off. Well, to tell you the truth, that even crossed my mind. Though Benin was great in Math, Makso, on the other hand, is exceptionally great in our Calculus class. Makso was always on the top as Benin follows him on second. In any case, it was rude for Makso to say that to Benin, not that I'm defending that jerk,. It's just that he should not say those words just because they both got the highest scores. As soon as Benin took his seat, I can tell he's not in the mood for anything. right there and then, an idea came popping on my mind. I know that I freakin' hate the guts of this guy, but in someway, I'm  already treating him as a friend of mine. As soon as the bell rang, I saw him quickly standing up and took his bag. i quickly did that as well for me in order to block his way out. He already went out as I quickly followed him. Along the hallway, I came running ang block his way.

"Get out of my way Donnalyn. I'm not in a mood to play games with you." Benin said in a rude voice.

"Come on. I have something to say to you." I said to him with a smile.

"Not a good idea. I'm pissed off and all I want to do is relax. So if you excuse me, get out of my way." Benin said as he slightly pushed me on the side.

"Oh no you don't just walk away with me." I said to myself as I quickly grab his arm tightly  and started to drag him out.

"Yah! stop dragging me! I said I don't want to." Benin annoyingly said as he tried to shove my hand away which he unsuccessfully did. and that was cool. I never thought I'm that strong.

"Just shut up and go with me ok?!" I said to him as I continuously drag him.

"Well, your holding my arm to tight and it freaking hurts. so let go!" He said ludly as I can tell he is pissed off.

"Nope, until we get there, I wouldn't release your arm." I said to him.

"Whatever." He said sounded he gave up with the argue.