A roommate, my friend

What Love Is

" And who are you? Superman?" one of the guys teased as everyone laugh.

I threw the basketball ball hard. One of them got hit and fell on the ground.

" Yah! What the?! You'll gonna regret what you did to our friend." one of them said angrily as they are now starting to approach me.

" Oh yeah? Why don't you guys prove it huh? " I challenged them.

One of them was about to punch me right to my face. Lucky, I was able to dodge it and threw a punch on him. Then all of them went for me. At first, I managed to throw some hard punches on them. But unfortunately, I guess due to the practice awhile ago, I only have less energy instored on me. I felt a punch on my stomach as an uppercut was then followed. I thought there was no one to help me when suddenly my roommate, Ed, was at the right time to help me. He managed to beat up the two guys and helped me stand up. Then we both made the fight and won. I immediately went to Donnalyn who is still unconcious due to what happened awhile ago.

"Thanks dude! It was so fortunate that you're here. Good timing, I thought that it would be the end for me." I said thankfully as I carried Donnalyn bridal style.

" No problem man! Besides, I just can't help to see my friend being beat up." Ed said teasingly.

" Yah! Don't you ever think that I can't handle those guys. It's just that I had a practice before that happened." I said defensively.

" Haha.. Whatever dude. We better go home and bring your girlfriend along with you. She still unconcious." Ed suggested.

" Ok. Wait, did you just said girlfriend?! Oh no dude, she isn't my girlfriend." I said as I shook my head as a sign of disapproval.

" Stop denying ok. You just put yourself in danger just to save her and yet your saying she isn't your girlfriend?! Oh please, you can't deceive me." Ed said as we were walking.

" This girl is just a friend of mine and nothing more. And besides, I think Felix is trying to court her. " I said as I look at Donnalyn who is sleeping in my arms.

" And I can tell your jealous. Felix you say, he is one of your friends right? Why don't you talk to him."Ed said as he put his hands to his jean's pocket.

Tonight was rather cold actually. I don't even know why.

" And what would I tell him? Stop trying to court donnalyn? And what reason will I tell him. Geez.." I said annoyingly.

This topic is now getting draggy. I don't like talking about my personal stuff.

" Tell him to back off because you like her! You're making simple things complicated. " Ed said in an exaggerating way as he pointed at donnalyn.

" For the last time, I'm telling you, I don't like her ok.! Let's just stop this nonsense. " I said as I realized we are already infront of our dormitory.

" As you said so." Ed said before he gave out a sigh.

As we reached our room, I've placed Donnalyn on my bed for her to rest and wait for her to wake up. Me and Ed decided to eat first our dinner and decided to talk.

" Hey Ed, it's been a while since we talked. So how are you? " I started the conversation.

" I'm good, still surviving with my course. Haha" Ed answered before he chuckled.

" Your an accountancy student right? Wow, you really are a genius. Only few students survive on that course." I said in amazement.

I admit, before I really wanted to be on that course but I guess fate isn't really on my side huh.. But engineering isn't that bad at all.

" Well thank you. It was actually easy for this sem. Knowing that the subjects I have right now is a lot easier than last time. How about you? I've heard your going to have a match with the other school this coming weekend." Ed said before he took a bite of the food.

" I'm good just a bit tired but happy. Yup, I expect you to be there alright?!." I said as I flashed a smile.

" Nah, I can't. We still have a business evaluation to undertake. I'm sorry. Maybe next time. I promise." Ed said.

" That's ok. God Bless on your evaluation. I will just keep that promise then." I said as I laugh.

" haha..thank you! Well you too. God Bless in your game :) " Ed said as he smiled.

After a few minutes of talking and eating, we finally finished. I was the one who is incharged in washing the dishes, so Ed decided to first to the sala and watch some movies.