02 Finding Out

You Again

 

Jae Lin POV

“What was that?” Rei asked m once I exited out the class. “What was what?” I replied innocently.

*Flashback*

“Jae-ah can you help me with this?” I heard Hoya ask. *Why is he calling me that? We’re not even close anymore*

“Sure what do you need help with?” Without thinking I leaned over to look what he was working on. “With this” He pointed to the problem.I read it over, knowing him from his high school years I knew he’s good in English. What confused you is why he was asking for your help.

“The answer is A” I pointed to the answer. “Why?” he asked still confused. I explained further still leaning over to him. “Understand?” I raised my head realizing how close both our faces were. “Ahh sorry” I leaned back slightly blushing.

*Damn it* I turned to Rei luckily she was working on her paper not realizing I was blushing.

After that Hoya and I would randomly glance at each other. I would have the feeling he’s watching me until I turn to face him, then looks away pretending he didn’t look at me.

*Why does he keep looking at me?*

After class I dashed out quickly leaving Rei and Mae confused.

*End Flashback*

“Pfft I know when you’re lying” Rei lightly pulled my hair. “Ohhh look at that!” I pointed down the hallway. “Where?” She turned her head letting my hair go. Once she let go I quickly ran away. “Jae what are you….Jae?!” She looked around, then finding me turning around the corner. “JAE!!” Rei yelled, suddenly looking around seeing students stare at her.

“Holy crap that was close, luckily I don’t have her in my next class” I slowed down my pace. I suddenly bumped into someone. “Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention” I bowed down,looking up finding Woohyun, Sungyeol and Hoya.

“Ohh it’s you” Woohyun smiled. “My name is Woohyun your in my English class”. “Oh I’m sorry, I’m Jae Lin” I bowed again. “Hi I’m Sungyeol” He happily introduced himself. “Hi Hoya” You smiled and waved.

“You know Hoya hyung?” Sungyeol looked at me amazed. “Yeah, he sits next to me in English” My eyes shifted to Hoya, he met my gaze and dropped it. "Wait, you guys are in my class too" I looked at him. "Really? I would of remembered a pretty girl like you" Sungyeol stared at me. I blushed at the comment and turned away.

*You must be hanging around Woohyun a lot lately*

“Oh I was wondering if you know where this class is, we’ve been looking at the map but it’s a bit confusing” Woohyun showed me his class schedule.

“Oh you guys are in my chemistry class too” Ismiled back at them. They followed , Woohyun walking next to me as Sungyeol and Hoya followed behind. I entered class sitting down in my seat having Woohyun follow taking the seat next to me. “This time I get to sit next to you” Woohyun said. “This time?” I repeated.

“Yeah, Hoya took the seat from me in English” He looked over at Hoya and Sungyeol talking, I followed looking over too.”Hmmm” I nodded.

“So what’s your major?” Woohyun asked while we worked on the assignment. “Art what’s yours?” I asked still looking down at my paper. “Music” “Hmmm I would of thought of that” I smiled realizing what you just asked him.

“Have you listened to our new song yet?” “Not yet, actually I didn’t really know anything about you guys until a couple of weeks ago since my friend has been nagging me” I confessed. “Oh” He simply replied. I stopped looking up at him seeing a sad expression on his face. “I’m sorry, I’ve just been really busy since it’s finally my senior year” I watch his expression change. “It’s fine, I thought you were a big fan like your friend Mae” He looked back at me. “Well because of her I got to know more about you I guess” I answered back feeling embarrassed.

“What song do you like?”Woohyun still staring at me.”Be mine” I said looking down. “Why?” He leaned in to hear the answer. “It…reminds me of someone” I smiled.

Hoya POV

*Geez what’s up with me?* I breathed in and out slowly to calm down my heart rate after seeing Jae Lin close again after a long time.

I was surprised seeing Jae Lin again in the hallway. Even more surprised having her in our chemistry class. “Hey look at Woohyun hyung getting close with Jae Lin” Sungyeol nudged me, having me look at them being close to each other. I started to get uncomfortable from all that closeness they were having.

*wait….why am I even caring* I looked away to finish our class work. During their conversation I started to listen in since I saw Jae Lin blush. I leaned in to hear what they were saying. Woohyun asked what song she liked, “Be Mine” “Why?”

“It….reminded me of someone” I leaned back wondering who it was.

After class Woohyun showed the rest of our class schedule to Jae Lin so she can tell us where it was. “Wow you guys have History with me also but have Music production class on your own” Jae Lin looked at it more thoroughly.

“Well since we have an hour till class starts let’s have lunch” I offered, they all agreed and we started to head down to the Cafeteria. “Hyung said they have some time off too, they’ll meet us there” Woohyun read off his text.

Woohyun POV

It was cute watching Jae Lin concentrate, her lips pursed together when she’s stuck on a problem. I asked her questions if she knew about us. This made me sad since she really didn’t know us too well like her friend Mae. Luckily she knows some of our songs. After she said “Be Mine” was her favorite I wondered who it reminded her of.

After class I showed her the rest of our schedules and she’s in another class with us but sadly not in Music production class. I pouted since I wanted to spend more time with her and get to know her more, since we have 3 classes together I shouldn’t complain. I text Sunggyu hyung if they have time to eat lunch; luckily they do and Jae Lin can meet the rest of the group.

“Wow this is the Cafeteria?” Sungyeol looked amazed how big it was. The finally found a big enough table for our group. A lot of the female students kept whispering and looking at us as we walked in; they saw Jae Lin walk in with us sending her dirty looks. I came up next to her throwing hearts and any fanservice that would distract them from her. Hoya and Sungyeol sat down saving our table while Jae Lin and I checked the lunch menu for today. As we came back everyone else arrived.

“Who’s this?” Sunggyu smiled at Jae Lin’s direction. She introduced herself to everyone. “Does that mean I could call you Noona?” Sungjong asked. “Sure” She smiled back.

“JAE!!” We turned around seeing some girl running towards Jae Lin.

Jae Lin POV

After meeting the rest of the group I was surprised at how good looking Sungjong was. Just looking at him, he didn’t look the age of being younger than me. It was nice that he wanted to call me Noona though. Suddenly I hear my name being called.

“JAE!!” Rei ran up wrapping her left arm around my neck. “Why did you run away from me earlier you still haven’t told me about you and-“ She stop as she saw Infinite sitting down. “Ohhh Hi” She released her grip from me and I gasped for air. “I’m Rei, Jae Lin’s best friend” she bowed down. We both sit down, me being between Rei and Woohyun.

“Let’s get food I’m hungry!” Sungyeol stood up. “Ohh we’ll stay and save your seats” I offered. “Do you want anything to eat?” Woohyun asked standing up. “Sure whatever you’re getting” I said. “Oh wait, here” I handed him the money. “It’s okay it’s on me” He winked leaving Rei and I alone. I smiled as Woohyun and the rest walked away.

I looked back at Rei who’s smirking “What with that smirk?” I asked her. “Looks like someone likes you” Rei cooed. “Hey, don’t exaggerate things he’s just being nice” I pushed her lightly and turned away blushing.

*Yeah, he’s just being nice don’t over think things*

“So….tell me what happened between you and Hoya” Rei turned to me. “it’s nothing…” I turned away. “Yah! I’m not taking that for an answer, if it’s nothing you wouldn’t have run out like that after class” Rei grabbed my arm. I explain what happened. “He doesn’t remember you?” Rei asked confused. “I guess, he didn’t even remember my name” I sighed propping my hand under my chin for support. “He’s probably just messing with you” Rei turned away from me as Infinite came back with trays of food.

We started to eat, I felt uncomfortable after telling Rei what happened. She started staring at Hoya and me, making Hoya look at me too.

*Geez awkward*

I looked back down at my food. “So…..”Rei started off breaking the silence. “Did you catch up with Jae today Hoya?” She blurted out. “Uhh….”was all Hoya said, while the rest look at the three of us confused.

“Jae Lin, What is Rei talking about?” Woohyun whispered to me. I only looked back to him in shock, turning my head back at Rei. “Rei not now”  I whispered to her. She shook her head in disagreement. “What are you talking about Rei?” Sunggyu ask.

“You guys don’t know?” Rei looked around the table.

“Know what?” they all said. “Rei” I pulled her arm. “Jae Lin and Hoya knew each other from high school”

“Jinja?” They all looked at each other.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I was going to wait till tomorrow but just in case I updated today :D Thank You for your comments~

Bye for now :D