Annyeong Zelo-imnida~

My robot buddy~

 

“Appa! Where are you going?” I tried to chase after him but I couldn’t reach him. Second by second he slipped further and further away from me.

 

“Appa! Don’t leave me! Appa!”

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 “Please don’t leave me…”

 

{Roll like a buffalo whoops they already know...}

 

“It was only a nightmare…” I stopped my alarm clock and looked at the time.

 

“8:30” I stretched my arms and legs and hopped out of bed. “Time to roll like a buffalo!”

 

In exotic language, for me that means ‘start my day’. As usual I started my morning routine, brush my teeth, wash my face, stretch my body a bit, and then head off to the kitchen.

 

“Good morning appa!” I greeted while holding a box of cereal. I like to eat from the box and drink the milk from a glass at the same time. Sloppy? Maybe. But that’s how I like my breakfast. I looked at the big leather chair where I would usually find my dad during weekend mornings. He wasn’t there; instead the holo-pad was peacefully placed there. And yes I just said holo-pad, an advanced Ipad that displays 3D holograms in thin air.

 

“Huh…where’s appa?” I took the holo-pad that was beeping continuously and a 3D image of my dad appeared.

 

“Right on cue. Good morning Zoe.” He flashed his usual smile at me.

 

“Appa, where are you? How come your not here so early in the morning? Are you at the hospital?” I asked while still munching on my cereal.

 

“No Zoe, I took a temporary leave from the hospital. I have a new experiment that I have to work on. So I’ll be staying at my lab in jeju island. It may take some time so I won’t be coming home soon.”

 

“How long will you be there?” I munched a few more.

 

“It will take me some time so, a couple of months or more.” I stopped eating and looked at him in disbelief.

 

“A couple of months? OR MORE?” I said the last part louder.

 

“It’s an extremely important experiment---“ He started.

 

“How important?” I cut him off.

 

Extremely important. Very important.” He emphasized the word ‘extremely’ and ‘very’.

 

“Will it save man kind?” I raised an eyebrow.

 

“Yes.” He nodded.

 

“Will it be successful?” I continued asking.

 

“With enough effort. Hopefully, yes.”

 

“Will I be the first to hear about it?” I tried to make a threatening tone.

 

“No doubt.” He assured.

 

“Ah…araso. Appa fighting! Just make sure to come back safely ok?”

 

“Hopefully I’ll make it in time for your birthday.” I smiled happily. He continued “Next year.” I frowned.

 

“Appa!” I whined like a kid.

 

“Aigoo, just kidding. Now stop eating from the box and use a bowl like normal girl! You’re independent enough to take care of yourself right? The house better not be on fire when I get back!” he warned.

 

“De appa~ I’m a good girl you can trust me~” A made an angelic expression.

 

“Oh and Zoe, one more thing before I log off. So listen carefully.”

 

“Ne appa?” I listened attentively.

 

“I dropped off a friend there before I left so you won’t feel lonely. He still lacks a few things so you’ll have to teach him the appropriate things ok? Take good care of him ok? Bye~” He waved goodbye.

 

“Wait appa! Him! What do you mean him! Appa!!” Before I could protest more the hologram already disappeared and I was left stunned on the spot.

 

“He brought someone to our house? That someone is in our house right now? Why do I feel so betrayed?” I lowered my head in disappointment.

 

“Wait if he’s here right now then I should go look for him. I wonder where he could be?” I started my search for “Him”. I first checked my dad’s room since he wasn’t in the living room.

 

“H…Hello. Are you there?” No response. “Ahh! this is frustrating cheongmal! It’s like looking for a ghost. Where’s this “him” anyway? Shouldn’t he be somewhere I could find easily? He really does lack some things if he doesn’t even know how to greet the owner of the house. Aish!” I ruffled my hair in annoyance. Suddenly I heard someone giggling.

 

“Wait is that you? “Him”? Aish, Why do I keep calling him “Him” I sound stupid!” I whispered the last part.

 

“You look funny too.” The voice talked but did not show him self.

 

“Am I really looking for a ghost? How come I can’t see him?” I thought.

 

“Ah, can you show yourself? You’re kind of creeping me out.” I asked politely, but honestly I was scared that a ghost might really appear in front of me and I started to get goose bumps, but there was no response.

I started to doubt that the person my dad called “friend” was actually a friend at all.

 

“Maybe he’s outside the room?” I went outside and the hall way was empty. “Where is he?”

 

“Right here.” I followed the voice and to my surprise he was dangling upside down from the hallway chandelier. He was smirking at me and he’s arms crossed.

 

“How did you…” before I could continue he flipped in mid air and landed right in front of me. He had blonde hair, he was baby faced, and he was TALL. I was startled by his sudden action that I stumbled backwards and landed hard on my .

 

“Oww!” I rubbed my aching wrist.

 

“Annyeong~ Zelo-imnida!” He held out a hand to help me up, but I didn’t take it. Instead I sat there looking up at him blankly.

 

“I said Annyeong~ Zelo-imnida.” He squatted down to face me and repeated he’s greeting. I blinked at him a couple of times. “Now it’s your turn. Aren’t you going to introduce yourself?” He smiled innocently.

“Zoe.” Was all I can manage to say. He held out his hand expecting me to shake it but I just stood up without giving it a second thought. As a response he just laughed.

 

“W…What?”

 

“Your dad was right. You are awkward with boys.” He grinned and stood up. I glared at him and walked away.

 

“Hey! Where are you going? Aren’t you gonna give me a tour of the house?” I stopped and looked back at him. –Is he for real? –

 

“Zelo right?” I asked. He nodded. “If you want a tour you can give one to yourself. The house is yours to explore.” I waved my hands in the air and continued walking away.

 

“But you’re supposed to take care of me.” He whined.

 

“What are you 5? Look, you take care of yourself and I’ll take care of me. Make yourself at home. Now if you’ll excuse me I need to make a call.” I headed towards the living room.

 

“No! I’m 15! And as your new bionic robot friend my responsibility is to take care of you~” He put he’s hand on my shoulder and stopped me. I turned around to face him.

 

“Did you just say…” I trailed off.

 

“Bionic robot buddy.” He continued.

 

=======================================

 

: What do you think of the begginning? Do you think they'll be friends right away? 

Look forward to the next chp. I smell trouble xD