"YOU RASCAL!"

Between You and I

Minhyun POV

"Maybe we should go after her.." I said quietly, worried about Haru. I looked at both Kyungmin and Jonghyun. "No, not now at least. Haru most likely doesn't want to be found..She needs some space I guess.." Jonghyun spoke up. Although looking at his eyes, I could tell he wanted to run and find her as much as I did. But looking at him, seeing him take initiative  like this, I guess I know now why he was chosen to be leader of NU'EST now. I'm glad.

I turned to look at Kyungmin. She seemed nervous, fidgiting even. I walked closer to her, my face just inches from hers. Her face immediatly turned a bright pink. "Something wrong Kyungmin-ah?" I questioned. "A-ah, no, it's nothing." and she quickly turns away. I nodded and looked at Jonghyun. "Soo...why were you two here by the way? A date?" I asked buntly. Jonghyun and Kyungmin's heads shot up. "WHAT!" they both shouted at the same time. "So...it wasn't? o.o" I asked, confused. "NO!" Kyungin nearly yelled. This was the first time I had seen her this freaked. "We were just making plans to hang out with Haru again." Jonghyun explained. Kyungmin quickly nodded in agreement.

"...she must have misunderstood too..." I thought I heard Jonghyun say, but before I could ask, he asked me a question. His eyes suddenly drooped and he looked to the ground. "W-were...were you and Haru on a date..?" At this, Kyungmin's eyes drooped down too. "I wish it was.." I gave a little smile. At this, both of their heads slowly came back up to look at me. "I planned to tell her today. I finally got that little extra amount of courage to ask her to have some coffee with me, since I know she loves the stuff, to tell her how I felt." I smiled a little again, but it quickly faded. 

Kyungmin frowned, her face saddened, although, I didn't know why. "Tell her how you feel?" she looked to the ground once again, then looked into my eyes. "H-how do you feel about Haru-ah?" Her eyes were watering. Why does it look as if she were about to cry? Did I do something wrong? 

I gave both Kyungmin and Jonghyun a smile. "I like her. I really really like her."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungmin's POV-

My heart completely stopped when I heard Minhyun's lips speak the words "I like her. i really really like her." And "her" was Haru, my best friend. I gulped, trying my hardest to cover up my tears. It already hurt enough when he said he was going to tell her today... I clutched my heart, trying to breathe and walked out without a word. 


JR POV-

W-What?! ... H-He likes... Haru?! N-No.. This isn't happening. ._. I looked at Kyungmin, seeing she had a hard time understanding things; she didnt look like she wanted to take things in and go with it. She left in a flash, i didnt even see her leave the shop. I took a hold of Minhyun's shoulders, shaking them; seeing if i could shake him to reality. "A-Are you serious?! You like.. Haru?!" He spoke calmly," Nae.. Hyung. I like her alot.. there's so many reasons why.. i dont think i could name them all. ^^;;" He smiled as if this whole thing was nothing, but it meant a lot to all of us. I layed back on the chair, a bit surprised and crosses my arms. "Well.. we better go find Haru. Who knows what she might be doing.." He sat there silently and nodded, " Mhmm! And Kyungmin too! :O" Oh Yeah.. Kyungmin could be anywhere too.. :( "Oh.. right. You go find Kyungmin, and I'll go find Haru, arasso? I'll call you if i find either of them!" We both went separate ways, Minhyun running in the direction of the "Kawaii" shops and stores while I went to the direction of foods and cafes. 


I searched through her favorites cafes first, not finding her anywhere. Then I set off for her favorite places to eat, still, not finding her. I sat a bench, taking a long rest, thinking of places she could be. "Hmm... Home?" I shook my head," Nahh. She wouldn't go home at a time like this.. she hates being home." I walked around the area, still trying my best to find her. 

Kyungmin POV-

I ran out of that shop and slowered my pace to a steady walk. I couldn't stop this aching feeling in my chest.. my legs felt like they were just going to fall and crinkle up right there, my arms had goosebumps and chills ran down my back. I sat down on a bench, catching my breath. 

I took my ipod out of my pocket, plugging the ear buds into my ears and blasting the music to the highest volume. I layed back, closing my eyes and letting the tears slowly stream down my face and i gulped slowly, trying to calm down and stay relaxed.

There was a light tap on my shoulder. I ignored it, it was probably some sales person. I kept my eyes shut, concentrating on the music. Again, another tap on my shoulder, but it was harder than the first. I took one ear bud off, opening one eye , a bit blinded by the sun behind the person. 

"C-Can I help you? e.O" I raised my hand to cover the sun and before he could speak, the face started to appear better than before. It was... Minhyun. "Kyungmin ah.. -huffs/breathes heavily- I finally.. Found you! >< " ... I put my hand down, looking at the ground. "You were looking for me?" I smiled to the ground. He sat next to me, catching his breath. "Of course! You ran out, out of the blue! JR Hyung told me to go out and search for you." My smile turned to a plain frown. He only searched for me because he was told to... not because he wanted to. "O-Oh." He looked at me with sympathy.
"Kwenchana? " He put a hand on my shoulder and leaned his head in, trying to see past my hair that fell when i looked down. He used one finger, pushing my hair out of my face. "There.. :))" He smiled at me.. I dont know why though, but it made me smile, too. No matter how badly i didnt want to, I did. "I-Im fine." He clicked his tongue and shook his head. "You bad liar.
:I " He let go of his grip on my shoulder and patted my back to a rhythm. "Mianhaeyo.. I dont know why you're upset, but if you want, I'm a good listener. I'll listen to every word you say." ... I stuttered his name, my voice a bit cracked. "M-Minhyun ah.. I-I've been wanting to tell you that.. I've--" But before i could finish, his phone rang. "Chakkuman!" He answered it, it was Jonghyun. "Oh.. Well I found Kyungmin so we'll help you find Haru... Ahh.. Arasso. " He stuffed his phone back in his pocket. "Jeongmal Mianhae. -lopsided smile- I'll listen to you some other time, arasso? I Promise :)) Just that now, Jr Hyung asked for us to help him find Haru." Aish.. "A-Arasso.." He helped me up from the bench and we ran to the park, in which Jonghyun was waiting for us. 

We got to the park and saw Jonghyun waiting for us patiently on a bench. " Oh KYUNGMIN! There you are! -pushes her by the shoulders playfully- Dont run off like that! You got us both scared! " I let out a soft chuckle, "Mian Jonghyun ah... :( -rubs her shoulder-" Minhyun stood there, a bit confused of what kind of friend ship we had. "Ahah. Its okay for today, but got any ideas on where Haru is?" I thought for a bit... thinking whether to tell them about her secret place or not.. but now was the time. "She's probably at home.." He scoffed. "Home?! Pffft, why would she be at home?! " I gulped," ... Because. ._. In her backyard... Just a few weeks after you left for your trainee years, we found this place.. and eversince then, when she's upset or pissed, whatever the sitution is, she goes there to think. " They stood there, a bit dumbfounded. "Could you lead us to it?" I nodded and started walking first, waving them to follow. 

We walked to Haru's house, seeing two cars parked on the drive way. No way... They're home? Before I could ring the door bell, i heard someone speaking so loudly i could hear it through the door.. Her parents couldnt be scolding her, could they? I rang the doorbell, after 2-3 minutes of waiting worriedly, the door was opened by Haru. Her eyes were literally bulging out as she spoke," W-Why are you guys... Here? N-Now's not the time guys.. Mian..." Jonghyun went through the door and pass Haru not really giving a about what was going on inside. 

Jonghyun gripped onto Haru's shoulders, saying, "Haru ah, Listen to Kyungmin and I. You've completely misunderstood every--" But before he could finish his sentence, her parents were already surround us, with their arms crossed and brows raised. "Umm, What's going on here? Haru, tell your friends to leave. We're having a discussion with you." Haru left Jonghyun's grip and walked over to her parents. "I-Its nothing! Mianhae.. -nods- I understand.." She walked back to us, rubbing the back of her neck. "Mian guys.." She led us out the door, but Jonghyun refused. "No No.. Just No. Lemme talk to your parents. " He pushed her out of the way, walking towards her parents. "Listen, i dont mean to be rude and impolite, but can't you just cut some slack and let us talk to her for a bit?" They both scoffed. "Young man, you can't talk to your elders in that way. We're her parents, and you're just her friend. We have the right to tell you to leave our house. " Jonghyun looked hesitant, he couldnt handle this himself, so i joined in. "So? Yes, you are her parents! But you have ALL the time in the WORLD to talk to her. And that kind of stuff can wait. What we need to explain is FAR more important. Just please.. 5 minutes. " They sighed and gave up easily, letting us talk to her for atleast 5 minutes. 

All three of us dragged her outside to the front. Jonghyun spoke first," Haru ah.. What happened at the Cafe was nothing. We were just planning another day to hang out, and we wanted to keep it a secret because last time we made plans, i couldnt manage to convince my manager to let me out, so i left you disappointed. So just if that happened again.. I planned it secretly with Kyungmin first.. Please Understand.. " I smiled a bit releaved when she hugged him and said," mhmm. I forgive ya buddie!" She turned her head and looked at me, waving me over to join in the group hug. I happily joined in the hug as we all looked at each other and laughed. Minhyun stood on the outside awkwardly," So... Do i just stand here? :(" Jonghyun laughed as he pulled Minhyun in. 

I honestly couldnt say i was complete better from today, but i definitely felt slighty a bit better. ;))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haru POV

Seeing that my parents easily "gave up" and let me talk to my friends, I knew it meant only more troubles when I went back inside to talk to them. Although, I was glad they let me see them. They always had a weakness to when Kyungmin talked. I must say, they were quite fond of her. 


Outside, Jonghyun had explained the whole situation and how it was all just a misunderstanding. I smiled. I'm happy things were cleared up. We all hugged and waved our goodbyes, although, Jonghyun chose to stay behind and talk a little longer. He took my hands and looked into my eyes.
"What's wrong Haru-ah? We cleared things up, yet, why do you still seem so down?" I guessed he noticed. I faked a smile.
"Don't worry Jonghyun-ah. It's nothing." I lied as I shifted my eyes to the ground. 
"Of course I'll worry," Jonghyun cupped my cheeks and made me look at him. His face was full or worry and concern. "It's your parents' isn't it? :(
I laughed a little, "You know me best huh. You and Kyungmin I mean.." my eyes began to tear up. I quickly wiped them away. "I-I'm sorry. I hate being so sensitive..it's just--" but then, Jonghyun drew me closer and kissed me. 

His lips were soft and still had a faint taste of coffee to them. It was sweet...like caramel. I closed my eyes, and just for a moment, I let myself stay there and enjoy his lips against mine. But then reality hit. O u O My eyes widened. I'm. Kissing. My. Famous. Best. Friend. When I realized this, Jonghyun seemed to realize what he was doing also. He pulled away; his face flushed. "I-I'm s-sorry.. I d-didn't mean to..." Jonghyun stuttered. 

We both stood there flushed, in a moment of awkward silence. He soon composed himself again, although still a light shade of pink, he spoke up. "I should go now, it's getting late. You should go inside. :)" I nodded and waved goodnight. I smiled, because I could tell he was trying to hide a smile cause of his sudden turn. I too, began to turn to open my door, but Jonghyun suddenly turned back and pulled me into a warm embrace. He whispers in my ear, "Goodnight Haru-ah," sending sweet chills through my skin. He then kisses my forehead. Before I can react or say anything, he runs off like a little kid with one of his big sweet smiles plastered onto his face. 

Once I couldn't see him anymore, I slowly touched my lips with my finger tips and let out my breath I had been holding in. "He kissed me..famous JR of NU'EST...my best friend.." It began with a little smile, and before I knew it, I'm smiling so big, it'd scare the Joker away. "Jonghyun-ah! YOU RASCAL!" I shouted to the direction where Jonghyun had run. "Just watch...I'll get you back for taking my first kiss." I smiled and went inside. 

The taste and feel of his lips lingered on my own for the rest of the night.

 

 

A/N: 
SOOOOOOOOOOO?  What'd you guys think of this chapter? :DD Comment it bellooowww, and SUBCRIBE~ <3 
THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE SUPPORT! ;D 
Both Jewel and I really a
ppreciate  it. :3  -Author Nouchee 

Adorable JR. 
OH GOD. ♥


tumblr_m8o3pqcFdp1qjztu2o1_500.gif