Why?

Between You and I

Minhyun POV-

C'mon Minhyun, focus! I yell at myself as I yet again mess up my lyrics. I've been in the studio trying to record NU'ESTs' new song for four straight hours now, but I just can't seem to get it right. Either my voice will fumble, or I'll randomly forget the lyrics.

I breath in a sigh. C'mon Minhyun. You know this from the top of your head. For God's sake! You practice everynight more than the other members, but now, why can't you even record this? 

I wipe the sweat on my forehead with a towel and take long gulp of water, letting some run down my chin. I quickly wipe that off too with the towel, and as I do so, Jonghyun walks into the studio. I couldn't tell whether he was concered, or had bad news. Maybe both? 

" Minhyun, why don't you go take a five minute break. It seems like you could use it." Jonghyun tells me, obviously concered.

"Ani Jonhyun. I have to continue practicing so I can get this right.." I reply. 

After a long pause, Jonghyun sighs, nods okay and leaves the room. But before he reaches the door, he looks back at me and says, "Remember Minhyun. Don't just sing the lyrics. Feel the music. And if you don't understand what I'm saying, then...think of someone you really care for. Maybe that'll help." He smiles and leaves.  Was that all he had to say though? It seems as if..he wanted to say something more. Huh. 

"...Feel the musc....Think of someone you really care for..."

Thinking of Jonghyun's words, I signal for the music to start again. I mouth out the words, "Think of someone you really care for." And oddly enough, my mind automatically thinks of Kyungmin. I didn't stop to think it strange though, I just went with  it. 

The concept for the new NU'EST album; instead of showing a tough, bad- side of us, we decided to show a more..sentimental side if you would say. That of course, being a love song.. and..singing it, while thinking of Kyungmin wasn't so..bad. It felt good..it felt as if..I were singing to her and only her... I close my eyes and sing. 

Finally, I get the recording right. It turned out a lot better than expected too!

Instead on focusing on getting everything right, I focused on..simply getting more emotion in there...and..by doing so...I thought of.. Kyungmin...but...why not Haru? I shake my and say outloud to myself, "I'm going crazy..!" 

I walk outside, stepping into the cold and dark night. Not wanting to go back to the dorms, I stroll down the path towards the park. The stars were sparkly bright and soundlessly, and I whisper outloud, "I wish they could sing for me. Why can't they sing for me?" I laugh at myself so asking such a dumb question...but unexpectatly, I recieved an answer.

"They don't sing for us because they can only shine down and watch over us. It's our job to sing for them." It was a sweet soothing voice.

"Mhm," was all I said, too mesmerized by the stars to take a glance at the sweet voiced 'stranger.' But sooner after, the sweet voiced girl tugs my shirt a little and says, "Minhyun ah. Yah, I understand the stars are beautiful and all, but can't you even look at me and answer?"

I suddenly realize everything then. o - o That sweet voice that can also turn into controlling nagging voice.

"K-KYUNGMIN!" I nearly shout. 
"You just noticed it was me..?" She says, a bit baffled. I take the time to realize my suroundings. It's dark, we're in the park, just Kyungmin and I. My heartbeat beats faster...it's probably just the adrenaline rush from the shock. 

"Yah! Kyungmin! It's so late and dark out, why are you here?" I question her back instead of answering her question. She looks down on the ground and doesn't speak for a long time. 
"..I guess I just don't want to stay in that empty house right now." She finally replies.

Not knowing what to reply, I simply nod. She's only wearing a thin sweater, where as it was so cold outside that breath could be seen. I could tell she was cold, but was trying to hide it. I laugh softly, this careless girl.

"Y-yah! W-why are you l-laughing?" She mutters out under chattering teeth.

I take off my coat and wrap it around her. I smile like an idiot, "Better now?"

Although it was cold on the outside, for some reason, just being next to her...made me warm...but why?   

 

Kyungmin's POV

I simply nodded and snuggled the hanging coat over my shoulders up a little higher. It was nice and warm and smelt of his perfume. I secretly smiled to the ground and tried thinking of something to say to start up a conversation..."So, Why're YOU here?" He slipped his bare hands into his pocket and inhaled the cold air. "Just needed fresh air." I look up at him and smile a bit. I looked down at his hands and watched as his arms started to shake. I chuckled quietly and dug into my pants pockets and pulled out two panda mittens. "Here." I held them up to his face and handed it to him. "We can exchange them when we leave." 

He head bowed and thankfully accepted the gloves, slipping them on and rubbing his hand together. He took a good stare at it, examining the kawaii animal that appeared on the mitten. "A panda?" I nodded. "Yuuupp! Kyeo, hmm?" He laughed and nodded. "Mhmm, kyeo...Like you--" I didn't mean to interupt, but right at that moment, I saw a shooting star. I reached out my hand and pointed to the sky. "Did you see that?!" I could barely breathe. I'd always wanted to see a shooting star; personally. One that flew right across the dark sky. "Bwoh? See...what?" 

"A shooting star! You really didn't see it?!" I was afraid it'd be too late to make  wish. I groaned and clasped my hands together, looking up at the sky and making a quick wish. "...I wish for a change in my life."  I turned around after making my wish and gave Minhyun a "der-duh-der" facial expression. "Ohh.. mian." He smiled cheekly and rubbed the back of his neck. "It's too late now, you can't make a wish because you didn't see it." "That's alright." He shrugged and looked around. "There are millions of shooting stars shooting across the sky right at this moment, we just cant see them because of the sky. I can make a million wishes if I wanted." He closed his eyes softly; just the way he closed his eyes made him look beautiful. I watched him slowly flutter his eyes open.

"did you make a wish?" "Why would I need too?" I wonder what he meant by that...Why would I need too? It wandered through my head that whole night. 

"What did you wish for?" He asked me sounding a bit over excited. "Not telling." He suddenly went to an excited Minhyun to a pouting Minhyun. I'd never seen this side of him... "Jebal? C'mon. You can tell me." He nudged me lightly. For a second...I was thinking he was showing me his "aegyo" side. e.e It kinda suuuucked though. I couldn't help but laugh. "hahah! Aniyo. Not telling you." I shook his hand off my shoulder. I somewhat felt his receiving electricity through his touch. Sometimes I would feel nothing...but this time, I could feel it rush from his arm down to my shoulder. It made me shiver a bit. 

 

 

A/N:
GAHHH. WE ARE SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN WELL OVER A MONTH. //OTL I don't know about Jewel, but I know I've been very busy with after school clubs, work, and school work. _ _|| It. . ISDHSOIDHS Hopefully we'll be able to update more often during Winter Break. ;DD
ANYWAYS. YES. <3 Love you guys. ;D -Nouchee

MINHYUN ATTACK. 

tumblr_mfbbp76QQg1ryb02yo1_500.jpg