Crude

Between You and I

Author's POV - 

"What's gotten into you?!" Han Sung Soo, CEO of Pledis entertainment shouted at Aron while slamming a  stack of newspaper on his desk. Rarely did he ever get angry at any of his artists. On the front page of the newspaper, it read, "Aron of NU'EST scandal with mysterious girl." "What do you have to say for yourself?" Aron who had just read the front page title slightly parted his lips from the shock. 

"Chesonghamnida," Aron looked to the ground, making sure to not make eye contact with the CEO. "I wasn't aware that this would get this far. I wasn't thinking straight.." 

"Of course you weren't! Any other idol I know wouldn't dare step outside of their company or dorm without a disguise on at least. Look at the damage you've already done to the company because of this matter," the CEO continued to scold and Aron kept his head down, repeadidly saying "I'm Sorry." 

"Look at me," CEO told Aron. As he did, CEO continued to say, "You need to get your stuff together. It's either this girl, or Nu'est; your dream. You choose. I'm not trying to be the bad guy here, I'm just being a CEO right now. I want the best for our company and for you. You've come a long way to just end here. Since this is your first scandal, I'll let it slide. We'll find some way to cover it up. Just make sure to clear everything up before there's even more misunderstandings." He finished and told Aron that he could leave, but just as he was about to exit out the door, he spoke again. "Aron, I just want you to know how disappointed I am in you. As you grow as an artist, you'll understand how to take the situation in a different way. I just hope this doesn't happen again."

Aron swallowed and replied back respectfully, "Yes sir." And as he exited the CEO's office, he found the other members of Nu'est by the door, most likely trying to eavesdrop in on the conversation. Baekho was the first one to stand up and speak. "Whoa. I've never heard CEO get that angry before. It wasn't what he said, but..his tone of voice." 

"You got that right," Ren responded back. Aron only looked to the floor, and without any other word, Minhyun stormed out of the hall way. Sensing the tension, Leader Jonghyun stepped forward and spoke. 

"Aron. Look at me. Us. The members of Nu'est. I'm going to say this not as a leader, but as a friend. I..we understand that you like Kyungmin. She's our friend as well..but, I hate to say it, but..is she worth it? Is she really worth losing everything for? This is our dream Aron. We're finally catching grasp of it. If you let it go now..that means our dreams will burst too." At this point, Baekho and Ren were looking to the ground, knowing how true Jonghyun's words were. Jonghyun set his hand on Aron's shoulder and spoke again. "Either way. It's your choice. Just make sure you'll have no regrets." With that, Jonghyun left as well. Giving Aron one last glance, Baekho and Ren followered Jonghyun out, leaving Aron alone in the hall way. 

Minhyun was in the recording studio trying to sucessfully record for their new album, however it wasn't working as planned. For the first time in forever, Minhyun had troubles recording. The studio recorder eventually stopped the music and spoke into the mic. 

"That's enough for today. We'll just continue another day." The man packed his things, but before he left, he said one last thing to Minhyun. "Hey. Boy. Seems like you have a lot in your head right now. It's best if you clear them up soon. Waiting can only cause a bigger toll for you." And with that, he left, leaving Minhyun alone in the recording studio. 

"Tch. What's going on with me?" Minhyun spoke out loud to himself and sighed. Eventually he got up and sat down on the piano bench. Taking one last sip of his water bottle, he began to slowly press the keys on the piano. His thoughts suddenly landed on Kyungmin. Without knowing it, Minhyun had written a whole entire song for her. When he opened his eyes from playing the last chord, he suddenly knew what to do. Grabbing his sweater, he ran out of the recording studio to go find Aron. Minhyun didn't have to go far before he found him in the dance studio. Aron was changed out of his regular clothes, and in his dance clothes. A T-shirt, and a pair of baggy pants. However, rather than dancing, he was sitting the center of the room, just staring at his own reflection. He looked completely blank. 

"Aron," Minhyun spoke as he entered the room. "We need to talk." 

"Not now Minhyun, I'm not in the mood-" Aron began but was cut off when Minhyun walked up to him and grabbed him in the collar, pulling Aron up to his feet. "What's you problem? I told you I wasn't-" Aron began again, however was cut off again, this time Minhyun threw a punch at Aron's face. At this, Aron didn't shout back. Tasting blood, Aron touched his arm to his mouth, feeling the warm wet blood ooze out. "Okay okay, what do you want to talk about?"

"Kyungmin." 

"Look, Minhyun-"

"Aren't you being a bit crude right now? All you can say for yourself is 'sorry' but what about Kyungmin?" Minhyun let out. 

"W-what fo you mean?" Aron spoke, confused. 

"Hyun- no. Aron. Think about it. You and I, along with the other members of Nu'est. We're idols now. We're not the same as normal people anymore. The media feeds off of us. Because of this, we have to learn how to get used to the constant lack of privacy and cameras always in our faces. It . Even as an Idol I admit it." 

"What does this have to do with Kyungmin?" 

"Kyungmin's not used to this attention. You and I may be, but not her.. Tell me. Have you seen her at all lately?" Minhyun asked

"No, I haven't," Aron replied after a slight pause. 

"Exactly. Imagine how difficult its' been for her to get out of her house without people taking photos or reconizing her as the girl Kwak Aron from Nu'est was caught in a scandal with? I'm not her, but imagine how difficult of a time she's having right now. If Nu'est and your dreams aren't a good enough of a reason, let Kyungmin be a reason. Her and her well being." Minhyun spoke and paused. "I..I just want her to be okay at this point." 

There was a long pause. Neither Aron nor Minhyun spoke. Unexpectdly, Minhyun knelt to the floor, his hands on his knees, and his head facing down. Aron's eyes automatically widened. "Minhyun! W-what are you doing?" 

"I..I don't care if you two continue on with your relationship secretly. Just..I beg you. Tomorrow at the press conference. Deny the relationship. Tell them she's just a friend. I know it will hurt her..but. She shouldn't be having to endure this. The media will only continue to feed off of her every movement." Minhyun's shoulders slumped and he slammed his hand on the floor. "Just because we can endure this, doesn't mean she can. Hyung..Jebal." he looked as if all of his energy were gone. "I don't want her to hurt anymore. I've caused her enough pain..I've caused enough." Minhyun's voice cracked. The room was quiet after that. No one spoke or made a movement to. Aron looked as if he were deep in thought, and Minhyun looked completely empty.

"Araso." Aron eventually spoke. He took a step forward and held out a hand to Minhyun. Looking up, he took it. 

"Thank you," Minhyun said greatfully. 

"No, thank you," Aron responded. 

"For what?" 

"For making me realize things I should have realized earlier." 

Kyungmin walked out of the building not knowing what to feel. She wore a giant purple scarf that covered her face. A good disguise to hide from paparazzi. 

She had gone to the Pledis building in hopes she could apologize for the mess she had caused. As she got to the dance studio, she heard Minhyun and Aron's voice. She was going to just keep moving on, not wanting to get involved, but then she heard her name. Without knowing, she had stayed for the whole conversation. Kyungmin had never heard Minhyun speak this way before. Surprised by his words and emotions, her eyes widened along with her heart. She had remembered why she had come to like this idiot of a dork. It was all because of his compassion. 

She felt almost  numb, but it also felt like her heart was setting out firworks. While walking out of the building, Kyungmin took one last glance at it and sighed. "We'll talk soon. I hope." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: OH. MY. GOD. GUYS. Hi. Sorry for the really late update. This time it was my fault. I was really busy towards the end of the school year because of studying, last minute cramming, and obiously, finals. It has been really busy, and summer just started, so I finally had time to write an update! Now, I know lately it has been Jewel who's been writing the updates, but this time, I finally get to write one! WHOOP! I haven't written a chapter for this story in what seems like forever! I totally miss you guys so much! ihdsofhs Seriously you guys. Comment and tell us what you think. ;D I honestly thought this update was a bit dramatic, but OH WELL. I'm also sorry if this update seems kind of..short. It seems like it's getting harder and harder to write long updates. //OTL Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed! Subscribe, Comment, and Upvote maybe? Haha, see you guys. 

(Sorry, no more photo spams. //OTL My computer won't let me on Tumblr anymore, and that's usuall where I get all of my awesome updated photos.)