Vulnerable

Between You and I

Haru's POV

Hanging out with everyone was fun. Sometimes I wish I could just stay with them forever... I honestly hate going home. It's always so..empty. 

I sigh and open the doors. Yup, empty alright. I slip off my shoes and head upstairs. The ancient staircase squeeks as I take a step to move up. The sound seemed to echo through the whole house. I quickened my step, having the sudden need to play my guitar. Playing guitar sort of makes everything feel less...lonely. 

I grab my guitar by it's neck and sat down on my bed. Shortly after, I realize I have nothing new to play, I flop down on my bed with my guitar resting ontop of my tummy. I stared at the ceiling and found my thoughts starting to drift to that night. The way his lips felt..how they tasted.. I bit my lip and shook my head. 

I thought of his bright smile, the smile I've known since...since forever. When did my heart start fluttering because of him? 

I sat up, suddenly knowing what I wanted to write about. I thought of Jonghyun. 

"Your smile sparks with a lovely array of warmth, 
Like the sun, you shine, 
Like the sky, you're far. 
Since when did I come to be so fond of such a star?  
Could it be more then just a simple sensation? 
I must like you too much--" 

I suddenly stop singing. What did I just sing? o.o
The last words I sang repeated over and over in my head. "I must like you too much." 

Do...do I really like Jonghyun? My  best friend? The famous JR of NU'EST? 

 

Jr's POV-

The others seemed to have something to do, considering I was left in the dorms all by myself. I sighed and went over to the computer to check on our fan cafe. Suprisingly, we grew over 1,000 members! I could'nt be any happier. Was I the luckiest guy today? I smiled widely at the screen. The room was too quiet, so I thought I'd blast some music while the others aren't here. 

I went on to my lovely friend YouTube and out of the blue, I started listening to ... things I really didn't listen to. Narsha's 'Im In Love' started playing off a random playlist. My heart started thumping to a faster beat than normal and my thoughts were immediately filling up with Haru. Her smile, her voice, her face, her talent, everything. I could just imagine her sitting there on the seat across me and play a sweet melody off her guitar. 

Woah woah woah... I suddenly stopped and thought for a bit. W-What was going on with me?! I turned the music off and the computer as well. I needed time to think. I walked out of the dorms and took a stroll through the park that was dark, but with the streetlights, it brightened up a bit. I slipped my hands into my pockets and looked up at the stars. Everyone of them had each and everyone of Haru's cute expressions. I could'nt help but to smile like a fool. One had a face of Haru smiling normally, like how she smiles with me; the other ones had expression like her "pout", "aegyo", "sad face", and her "begging face." I laughed, for they were all cute and reminded me of how I missed her. ...Did I just say that? I-I missed .. Haru? I shook away my foolish thoughts. I just saw her earlier today. B-But why was I having such a feeling I just .. HAD to see her this moment? 

I don't know what got over me. This time alone was really ... serious. I suddenly just started thinking about my feelings towards Haru... they felt good. Really good...It feels better than when we debuted! Aigoo.. Debuting was something nothing could beat. But Haru did. I loved being with her every minute. Everything she did I loved and I just could'nt stay away from her. My heart beat increased once again and my face flushed. Did these actions mean something? ... I, famous Jonghyun/JR of Nu'est, might have feelings ... for my best friend.. Haru? Even if I did like her.. I can't just make her mine. I'm still an idol...I would'nt mind all the fans and press, but what about Her? She'd hate it...And I'd feel bad for not being able to see her. It'll be harder in the future since we'll probably be even bigger than before, then I wouldn't be able to see her at all! I dug my face into my arms and sighed. 

There was nothing I could do...I like her. I like Haru. Or .. So I Think? Hopefully my feelings aren't messing with me. 

Haru's POV

After putting my guitar away, I attempted to sleep...and let's just say, the attempt failed. I tossed and turned; I couldn't sleep. Eventually, I decided to get up and take a walk at the park. There was a slight cool breeze outside, so I grabed a jacket in case I got cold. 

I step outside, and I see the many stars in the sky; I couldn't help but smile at the sight. My thoughts wandered off into thoughts of Jonghyun...my far away star.

 I continued to walk towards the nearest park. Once I've gotten to the park, I take a seat on the bench Jonhyun and I used to always sit on..when we were kids, just playing and laughing together. I sigh and realize, the seat was...surprisingly warm though..not the disgustingly gross warm, but..a faint..comforting warmth. Who would be at the park at this time of day? I look around; searching. There's only one person in the world I know who would be here at this time.

Without knowing who or what i'm searching for, I search. For him. I'm positive it's him..i know it's him. I then see a tall figure walking; he seemed as if he were deep in thoughts. I could tell who's back that was from anywhere. 

"Jonghyun!" I shouted his name uncautiously. There was a moment of silence, excluding the songs of the crickets and the slight buz of the street lamps. The figure freezes, as if all the thoughts in his mind did too. He slowly turns, and there he was. Jonghyun. Even under the poor lighting of the street lamps, he seemed even more beautiful...more handsome than usual. I then realize how much I've wanted to see him. I saw him earlier today, but seeing him now..it feels...it feels different. A good kind of different.

A smile plasters my face, and I run to him. I wanted to see him. Under this different atmostphere, under this light, under the stars, I run and embrace him. His scent...his warmth..Everything. I...I missed him. 

My heart is growing more and more vulnerable each day. 

 

Jr's POV-

It's as if God heard my wishes and wants. Right there in front of my eyes was Haru; the girl I had wanted to see the most. She approached me, her face full of smiles and could'nt help but to smile as well. With the stars hovering over us, the scene could'nt have been better. My arms automatically pulled her into a warm hug. Her hair was soft as it brushed under my chin. I slowly her hair and spoke softly. "Haru ah~ Why're you here so late?" "I could ask you the same." She chuckled and stayed in the hug. I'm glad she didn't pull back; it would feel like a rejection. 

The situation didn't become awkward at all. Even through the silence and the sounds of cars passing the area, it was still comfortable. I slowly pulled out of the hug first and smiled brightly at her. "Wanna go for a walk?" She nodded and pulled out into her own space, starting to walk down the trail. I followed and jumped by her side. The sound of our steps and the beating of my heart was the only thing I could hear at this moment. Even if we weren't saying anything to eachother, it felt like we had already said a ton of words to eachother. 

My phone rang. . Haru looked at me, giving me a reaction to tell me to pick up my phone, and I did. "Yeobuseyo? Oh .. Minhyun ah ..Mmm, I went out for a bit. I'll be back soon. Ara, Annyeong." I shoved my phone back into my pocket angrily and smiled weakly at Haru. "Gotta go?" I nodded slowly and bit my lip. "Yeah.. M-Mianhae..." Haru shook her head and smiled; a fake one, I knew. "Gwenchana, I was gonna head home anyway." I wanted to stay here longer, with her. Just for a few minutes more...I wanted to hold her again, but twice in one night would tell her so much, and I couldn't allow that to happen.. not now. We both turned away, saying goodbye with our faces instead of actually saying them aloud. I watched her turn away and walk away from my side slowly, in the other direction. It hurt to see her walk away from me. Think about how it would feel if I were the one who walked away from her...

Until Haru's figure was no longer seen, I turned around and made my way back to the dorms. I walked in to a curious crew. "Where were you, Hyung? Hmm?" Minhyun questioned me wildly that I could barely give him an answer. "I went to see someone. Someone...Special." I smiled to myself. 

Haru's POV

His every touch..was like, an electric shock. A sweet buzzing, a lingering warmth. But when he pulled away. When he got that phone call. When he told me he had to go. When he left..Although I was the one to walk away first, I knew that it was really him; the one that had to go. 

I walk home, as if in a daze. I stop at my front door with my hand on the knob. Yet..I don't open it. I smile softly at the thoughts of Jonghyun. But..why..why does my heart beat so much? It's not like Jonghyun is going to go somewhere far away...i-is he? 

Why does it feel so empty without him? 

I turn the door knob and enter the house, ready to fall into a deep sleep, and ready for a new day to come. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAHHH! FINALLY AN UPDATE. I'm sorry guys for not updating in so long. //OTL 

Jewel and I both have school so we're pretty busy. But we'll try to update as soon as we can! ;D Comment and Subscribe okaii? ;DD It'll mean a lot to us!! 
I'm pretty excited because of this chapter. ;D Obviously I liked it a lot. ;D BUT YES. 
You guys are the best! So behold, a picture of them all. ♥ //OTL 

UNTIL NEXT TIME. ♥

Ooooh these men ♥ ♥ 

tumblr_mc7wthmMEW1ruwx9eo5_250.pngtumblr_mc7wthmMEW1ruwx9eo8_250.pngtumblr_mc7wthmMEW1ruwx9eo6_250.png

tumblr_mc7wthmMEW1ruwx9eo2_250.pngtumblr_mc7wthmMEW1ruwx9eo4_250.png