"..because you are you."

Between You and I

Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=DJFFHHqoX4k&feature=endscreen

Recap
Haru POV - 

When I turned to take another photo, I saw that another person was here. But not just any person. It was Jonghyun, and he was staring right at me. At the sight of his face, it made my heart dance and flop and flip and do all sorts of other gooy lovey stuff. But almost automatically I remember his words, and I could feel my face suddenly scorch red. I slightly bowed my head, "M-mianhae," and headed back down the stairs. But before I could go, Jonghyun had reached out for my hand. 

"Don't go." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present time : 

"B-bwoh?" I said in a soft, surprised tone. I looked from the ground to Jonghyun to see him staring straight at my eyes. I could feel the fluffy stuff rising in the pit of my tummy once again. 

"Don't go. Haru, I'll explain everything. Just..don't go," Jonghyun replied, his eyes pleading. I could tell he was thinking through everything he was saying very carefully. I could also tell he was nervous, except this time, he didn't stutter. Not even one word. He just kept his eyes on mine and held onto my hands. 

Jonghyun then let go of my hands and pulled me into a warm, comforting embrace. No words were spoken; no words were needed to be spoken. He rested his forehead against my shoulder and held me by the waist. I could tell by his touch that he was sincere. It wasn't a long awkward hug, it was a heart warming, emotion filled hug. Slowly, I raised my arms to hug him back. I could feel Jonghyun suddenly go tense at my touch from shock. He slightly pulled away to look at me.

"Haru-" He began, but I cut him off. 

"-Why did you say it? Those words...why?" I looked to the ground and I added, "You told me you didn't want to see me anymore..so why are you telling me to stay?" I looked up at him, "Jonghyun..wae?" 

"Haru.." he cupped the right side of my cheeks. "I'll explain everything." And so on, he continued to tell me how he had felt as Nu'est comeback was nearing. He told me how he stupidly thought that by telling me those cruel words it would hurt me less when it was time for Nu'est to leave. He told me about the ahjumma at the bar, and how he had thought she was me. He told me about the endless, sleepless nights where he would lay in bed and just think of me, in hopes he would fall asleep and only dream of me. Once he had finished, I admit, I sort of laughed. 

"W-what? Did I say something funny?" Jonghyun responded to my laugh.

"Ani-yo, it's nothing," I shook my head and smiled.

"Yah! Then why are you smiling?" he pinched my cheeks and smiled as well.

"It's just.." I paused then continued. "Everything you said was..all about me. It feels kind of like you confessed to me." I laughed again. And at this, Jonghyun's face went still, and he looked at me straight in my eyes again. "W-what?" I said, and looked the ground once again. 

"I'm going to say this here and now," Jonghyun started, causing me to look up. He pulled me into another close embrace, and held me by my waist. His lips were against my ears, and he whispered, "I like you. You, Lee Haru. Only you. I like you, the one and only, Lee Haru." He then pulled away, and gave one of his signature big and adorable smiles. I could feel the fluttering butterflied in my tummy emerge again, and when I didn't reply to Jonghyun's sudden confession, he continued. 

" I love the way you smile, and how your brows crunch together when you're either worried, or plain focused on something. I love how selfless you are and how kind you are. You'll never abandon a friend. When you can't get someone to cheer up, you tell them to keep crying. Sometimes you even cry along with them. I love this about you. I love how you always look to the ground when you're nervous or anxious. I love how you smile to yourself when you think no one's watching. You're beautiful when you're in your lazy clothes atire. You're even more beautiful when you don't try to impress anyone; when you only have your glasses on and no makeup.  You're beautiful because you're beautiful. Both inside, and out. We grew up with each other, and I watched you become a women. And I'm telling you this  now." Jonghyun paused for a few seconds, then continued. "I love you. Not because you're beautiful. Not because you're kind. I love you because you are you." He smiled. "And you can be the only one." 

With every word he said, my heart did a flip, then a leap, then another flip, then a 360. We were best friends for so long, but I never knew..I knew never he paid so much attention to me. With this sudden confession, I didn't even know what or even how to reply to him! "I.." I began.

"You don't have to reply to me just yet. :) I'll give you some time to think about it," he smiled. "Now c'mon, I want to take you somewhere." 

"Somewhere?" I obliviously asked. 

"One of your favorite places," Jonghyun simply replied. When I didn't budge from where I was standing, he turned around to look at me. "You don't know?" he chuckled a little. I shook my head as an answer. "To Cafe Daum of course! You do love your coffee shops after all." 

"Cafe Daum? As in the new cafe that just opened recently near the park? I haven't had the chance to go there yet," I told him. 

"Me either, but I heard from Ren that they have great coffee and awesome desserts," he smiled. "Now, I don't know about you, but it's getting pretty chilly up here, so we better get there soon and get two cups of nice warm coffee." Jonghyun then grabbed my hands and led me down the stairs of the tower. 

It was true, it was getting really chilly, except..when he took hold of my hands, his fingers weren't cold, but warm. Weird..but, I wasn't going to complain any time soon. My fingers felt like they were going to fall off! ; ^ ;

Jonghyun's POV 

Honestly, I used the cold as an excuse to be closer to her. My hands were already pretty warm, but Haru's were freezing! I was super glad I could share my warmth with hers. :) 

I could sense that she was excited to go get coffee. Yep. Leave it to coffee to cheer her up, if not, distract her. I smiled and led her to the shop. We happily took our seats and took ahold of our menus, dragging our eyes over the many choices. 

I kinda already had a thought of what Haru was going to get, so I looked for that first. "Hmm.. I'm guessing you'll get a .. _______?" Haru's head shot out from behind her menu. "HOW DID YOU KNOW." Her face filled with amazement. "Waahh, you're good." I chuckled at her compliment and slightly bowed. "Why, thank you." I winked and watched as the waitress walked over. I politely told her our order and waited for her to finish writing it down on her notepad. But after that, she didn't move. She continued to stare at me as if I was the last piece of chocolate on earth. Oh God.. I turned to the waitress. "Ahh.. is there something wrong?" I raised a brow at her curiously. 

I could see her cheeks rising to a bright pink. Oh great. She was a fangirl. Not that I hated my fans, but at this moment I really didn't want interuptions. "C-Can I take a picture with you?" She nearly squealed and I felt like she was going to attack me and maybe rip my hair out. >.> I softly smiled and glanced over to Haru who was somewhat distracted by the people walked past the window. "Sure." 

Within a few seconds, the fan got her picture and ran off to get our order. I layed back into my seat and stared straight at Haru, admiring her curious eyes wandering out the window. "Gosh, she's so adorable." I suddenly found myself whispering that to myself. It seemed to catch Haru's attention. She turned her head to face me with a raised brow. "Bwoh? .. Did you just call me adorable?" I shook my head fast, my cheeks starting to flush. "A-Aniyo!" I sat up straight, slightly fixing my collar and clearing my throat. "O-Our order's here." 

The waitress had arrived with our drinks, now in a calm manner. I thanked her and slid Haru's drink over to her. "Enjoy, it's all on me."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: OKAY. HEY GUYS. I know. I'm sorry. ; _ ; SUPER. SHORT. CHAPTER. BUT--yeah. I have no excuses...but this chapter was super full of good stuff though...right? LOL Well, I thought so. I mean, whooaa, JR! WHOOHOO. Anyways. Yeah. I just really wanted to update for you guys before Nu'est's comeback tomorrow. And yeah! I hope you guys enjoyed this super short chapter, and I promise you guys, we'll make up for it on the next chapter. ;DD WE'RE BRINGING THE SIDE COUPLES BACK. WHOOOOOOOOOOP! -Nouchee. 

BY THE WAY. HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE TEASER VIDEOS. x_x Dear god. I'm dead. 

I just want to start off with Ren. 
Holy . < _ < 
I mean. Look at this. 

image

Baekho too. x_x 

tumblr_mi3ha9foZe1qkuewqo1_500.gif

AND LOOK AT JR AND HIS KISSY LIPS. 

Look. Oh. Mah. Gahd. 

tumblr_mi3h6gwOk71ruwx9eo2_500.gif

God. And Aron too. e u e 
tumblr_mi4rpggkRT1rkwig3o1_250.gif

 

Fawking Shiet. 

tumblr_mi3dihSyT31qequmgo1_500.gif

Aron is my bias ruiner to be honest. e_______e 
tumblr_mi0pkg3iJV1qc416ao2_500.png

But then I see Jr again. 

tumblr_mi48snRHzm1rt2ju4o1_500.gif

One. more. Day. Guys. ; _ ; 
tumblr_mi49nit7UA1qkcg6io2_250.gif

I mean. Who wouldn't love these dorks? 
tumblr_mi3hxo21ju1re4x9co1_400.gif

Okay. I'm sorry. I'm fangirling too hard. I'll go now. 
See you guys next time. ;D -Nacho (aka Nouchee) 

OH LOOK. MINHYUN WANTS A KISS TOO. (okaybye) 
tumblr_mi44fjLiCe1qkcg6io1_500.gif

 

...lucky lucky Nam Bora... 

--Oh my god an update. 

THE VIDEO. OH MYF SHIFDSHIFOS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GdT1R2K6FE