"Playing around?"

Between You and I

Aron's POV- 

I lay in bed and smile to myself happily at the thought of Kyungmin. I quickly take out my phone and sent her a text. 
/Aron/: Morning~ I'll pick you up at noon?
/Kyungmin/: Sure~ Can't wait. ^.^

After recieving her text, I roll out of bed to prepare and get ready. I tried to be quiet because the others were peacfully sleeping. As I walk towards the bathroom, I see that Baekho had climbed up onto Rens' bed during the night. I smile at the sight of Baekho cuddling Ren. He will definitly get a scolding from Ren, after all, Ren hates it when anyone even goes near his bed. e.e 

I rinse my face, comb my hair downward, and put on my glasses (hopefully no one would notice me as Aron from NU'EST when I had my glasses on and not my contact lenses). I slip on a simple gray and white tee. I examined my appearance in the mirror then smiled to myself, satisfied.

 

tumblr_mcq822rAjL1rg0nqgo1_500.jpg

 

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Minhyun waiting by the door. 
"Yah, Hyung, where are you going?" he questioned me. 
"~I have a date~" I said in English in a sing songy voice. Minhyun simply kept a blank face, obviously not understanding what I just said. I smiled and ruffled his messy bed head. "I have a lunch date with Kyungmin." I saw Minhyun's face become more serious and quickly added, "Don't worry! I'll be back in time for the shoot. I promise!" 
"You better Hyung, I'm not going to explain to Jonghyun again this time on why you'll be late. I'm going to let you get scolded." He warned and walked into the bathroom, but before shutting the door, he said, "Seriously Hyung. Don't forget; Photoshoot today at 3." And with that, he shuts the door. I just shrug and smile like an idiot while leaving to pick up Kyungmin. 

-after hanging out with Kyungmin

I drop Kyungmin off at her house. We both waved good bye and I watched her safely enter her house okay. Today with her was a blast! I smile once again to myself, looking back at today's experience with Kyungmin. Something was bothering me though..what was it..I'm forgeting somethin-- OH SHI- THE PHOTO SHOOT TODAY. 

I look at my phone for the time. O_O "BWOH. 4 ALREADY?!" That means I'm an hour late! I accelerated the speed of  my car, in hopes I'll get there before the shoot ends. 

- At the Photoshoot - 

By the doors, I see Minhyun waiting for someone; most likely me. I approach him and give him a nervous smile, "Mianhae Minhyun ah--" I start to apologize and explain things, but he simply cut me off. 
"--Aron Hyung. I covered for you AGAIN." I could tell Minhyun was angry.

"C'mon Minhyun. Calm down a little-"
"Calm down? Hyung! This is the 5th time this happend! and the 5th time I covered for you."

I was about to shoot back at him that he should have just let me get in trouble, but I knew Minhyun wasn't that kind of person. All the other times, he covered for me even without me asking. That's how great of a friend he is..I suddenly automaticaly felt ashamed of myself, but at the same time, I felt a seering rage of anger.

 

Minhyun's POV-

A brightness hit my lid covered eyes. I opened them, realizing it was already morning. I looked around the room and noticed all the beds still filled with the sleeping members, but one. It was Aron's. I tiredly got up from my bed and looked around the dorm for him. Thank god he was still here; he was just in the bathroom. I stood outside the door and waited for him to come out. 

He came out a few moments later, but looking well dressed. He's been reading my magazines, I could tell. His image told me right away he was headed out somewhere. But not just anywhere like the grocery store, but somewhere with a special someone. I didn't know what his plans were, but I couldn't let him leave, not today. We had a photo shoot today and I wasn't going to cover for him again like all the times before. Eversince that hang out with Kyungmin and Haru, he's been going out a lot lately; with Kyungmin to be specific. It bothered me, a lot. For some reason, I could'nt tell if my anger was because I was covering for him all the time, or for the fact he was hanging out with Kyungmin. 

I questioned where he was going but he answered me English. I hated it when he spoke in English because obviously, I didn't understand a word he said. I looked straight at him as he attacked my already messy bed hair. "I have a lunch date with Kyungmin," he said in Korean. Seriously?! Another one of these? I was tired of all this. Before I could say anything, Aron promised to be back in time for the shoot. I highly doubted it. 

--

It was 2:30 when we all started gearing up. "Where's Aron?" Jonghyun Hyung asked me before we made our way to the van. I had to make something up quick; great. I was covering for him again. "He went out for errands. He said he'd be back in time for the shoot." Jonghyun nodded in understanding and went into the van before me. 

I sat down in my seat uncomfortably. I looked at my phone, 2:50. He should be at the place by now. I didn't bother to call him; I didn't want to disturb his date. It hurt to think that he was gone on a date with Kyungmin. But, why? I looked out the window and sighed quietly. 

We reached the place for our shooting just in time, exactly at 3. We made our way into the building and greeted the employees. One employee started counting out loudly then stopped at  4. "Where's the fifth? .. Aron-ssi?" "He went to run errands. He'll be here." I mumbled. She nodded in understanding and called us in one by one for our outfit fittings and make up. 

Each one of us had already gotten into our outfits and were ready for the shoot, except Aron. I looked at the clock on the wall, it was 4. I knew this would happen..."Yahh, Minhyun. I thought you said Aron was running errands and said he'd be here?" Like always, I got the scolding. "Don't worry, he'll be here." Jonghyun told the photographer out situation and skipped the group shooting for now and instead went straight to individual shootings, starting with me. 

Baekho and I finished our shootings and watched from behind while Ren was modeling his cold figure. I laughed while standing near the door and heard a door open and close. I turned around and watched as Aron ran inside and started bowing apologetically to the staff. He then ran to me and bowed, adding an apology. You don't know how angry I was. I started spitting out words of anger at him and reminded him the number of times. He tried fighting back, but I stopped him from doing so. "You gotta stay focused and stop going out to play--" I was about to at that moment say "Kyungmin", but .. Something told me not to. "--. ..Don't you know this could be the next step for Nu'est to make it big?! We're all focused, it's YOU who has to snap out of all this fun and take a step forward with us." 

I couldn't believe I was actually yelling at him; since he was my Hyung. We weren't speaking too loudly for the staff or members to hear, but I noticed some eyes on us from time to time. Aron nodded in understanding and rubbed the back of his neck. "Ara, mianhae, again. I'll stay focused now.." He walked away from my image and made his way into the dressing room. I sighed and took a seat on a stool and rested my head on a table. Something's going on .. He wasn't irresponsible like this before. 

 

Aron's POV-

Because JR, Ren, and Baekho had other things on their schedule they left early, leaving only me and Minhyun to finish the shoot. Everything went quite smoothly other than it being longer then we had expected. 

"Okay! End of shoot!" the photographer suddenly shouts after looking at the photos he'd taken, satisfied. I let out a sigh of relief, and so did Minhyun. We bowed and thanked everyone who helped with the shoot. "Thank you for your hardwork," I told everyone. 

Grabbing my jacket I went outside with Minhyun. "Man! That was a long shoot," I let out yawn and stretch my arms. 
"Yeah..if only you didn't arrive late," I heard Minhyun softly mumble. 

It was cold enough outside that we could see our breaths, but suddenly, the prickling cold didn't bother me. I felt a heat of anger raise up all over again like before. 

"What are you trying to say?" I said in a low tone, trying to keep calm. As Minhyun's Hyung, I understood that he didn't want to argue with me and as expected he replied with a simple, "It's nothing."  
Although I may be Korean, I lived in the states for most of my life, specifically L.A. California, so I was used to people younger than me disrespecting me or talking back...not that Minhyun was being disrespectful I mean. 
"No, tell me what you mean. I'm not speaking to you as your hyung right now, but as a fellow member in NU'EST," I told him. 
Minhyun paused for a second, opened his mouth then closed them again, trying to get the right wording. Finally, he said in a serious voice, "Hyun- I mean, Aron. Remember back when we were trainees? Y'know? With Jonghyun, Ren, Baekho..you and I? We always promised each other we would put NU'EST first." 
"Where exactly are you going at?" 
"I'm saying, now is not the time for you to be playing around! You need to focus on NU'EST right now more than ever! Because of YOUR lack, we might lose our chance of making it big-" 
"Playing around? As in being with Kyungmin? Listen Minhyu-" 
"This isn't about Kyungmin," Minhyun suddenly said in an even more seriouse tone. I tilt my head backward and laughed a little then stared him straight in the eyes. 
"Not about Kyungmin? It sure does sound like it's about her." My anger wasn't going away any time soon.
"What I'm saying is, you need to spend less time playing around with Kyungmin all the time. You need to take into consideration-" 
"Minhyun! Listen to yourself! This is obviously not about just me and NU'EST, it's about Kyungmin too isn't it?" I finally said. When Minhyun didn't answer, I added on, "Why do you care what Kyungmin and I do? Are you jealous? You don't even like her." and with that, we both go silent. 

I automatically feel guilt hit as I see Minhyuns shoulders sag a little. I thought to myself, were my words too harsh? Maybe he was right, I should spend less time with Kyungmin and focus on the group more..

I scratch my head and sigh. I stare at Minhyun and began to apologize. "Minhyun..Mianhae. I didn't mean to be so harsh-" but before I could continue, he walked away from me. Leaving the cold air to suround me. 

 

Minhyun's POV-

Before I knew it, I walked away as fast as I could. I didn't want to hear Aron's apologies, because I knew that somewhere, deep down, he was right. I wasn't angry at him anymore, but angry at myself. 

"You don't even like her." I repeated what Aron Hyung had said. I softly laugh at myself. He's right, I don't even like her..so why am I behaving this way? 

 

A/N: 
Random but, I wish I was this beautiful. - Nouchee 

tumblr_mfv1xpEZAa1re4vufo1_500.png