Ice Cream Wars

Days of Infinite

 

I paid for everyone's ice cream and skipped over to the table to sit beside Sungjong and across from Dongwoo. Sungjong hugged me as I plopped down into the booth. Our side had Sungyeol, L, Sungjong, and then me while the other side had Sunggyu, Woohyun, Hoya, and finally Dongwoo.

Thanks Minnie,” Sungjong said with a smile.

You're welcome, guys. I mean, I owe you a lot more than ice cream, but it's what I can give you for now,” I said. Dongwoo rearranged his feet and accidentally kicked me in the shin in the process. “Ow!” I said jokingly. I took a bit of ice cream off the top of mine with my finger and poked him in the nose with it.

Ah! That's cold!” he said, wiping it off quickly. I giggled and leaned back in the seat contently. That was when L assaulted my cheek with his ice cream. I squeaked and wiped it off.

That is cold!” I said, looking at Dongwoo. “Well, it seems I know how you feel, sir.” Dongwoo laughed at me. I shot L a playful glare behind Sungjong's head. He grinned at me as if I wasn't attempting to shoot lasers at him with my eyes. “I'll get you back, mister...just you wait,” I said, going for sounding threatening, but my higher pitched voice isn't suited to that.

I dare you,” L said, looking smug with his ice cream. I stood up slightly to smack him in the back of the head.

Not while I'm between you two!” Sungjong said, throwing up his arms before I got the chance to do anything. L and I both laughed before I shot him another look.

Later. When you least expect it,” I said with a nod. He shook his head with a grin and went back to eating his ice cream. I sat back down slowly.

You're so childish,” Woohyun said from across the table. I shrugged.

Enjoy life while you can. If you grow up too soon, you loose your chance to have fun and be childish. I'll grow up a little when I get older,” I said with a smile. He smiled back.

You have a point,” he said, eating his ice cream. I wished for a moment that he was closer so I could attack his face with ice cream as well, but the thought soon left as quickly as it came. Of course, as soon as I spaced out, Dongwoo lightly smacked the back of his ice cream covered spoon against my other cheek, the one L hadn't assaulted. I squeaked and looked at him.

Hey man! This kid already got your revenge!” I said, pointing at a laughing L. Dongwoo gave me his trademark dumb grin while I grabbed his napkin and wiped the ice cream off my face.

Did he? I thought he was doing it for himself,” he said. L laughed harder until I flung a little ice cream at his face. I swear, Dongwoo is the most foolish genius I have ever met. I kicked him lightly under the table.

We are even!” I said loudly before anyone could do anything else.

Minnie, what flavor did you get? It was delicious,” L said.

Peach. What flavor did you get? It was cold,” I replied quickly. He laughed at me while I shot him another look.

Minnie, can I try yours?” Sungjong asked.

Sure. Can I try yours?” I asked in reply. He nodded and we exchanged a spoonful of ice cream each. His was strawberry banana flavored. It was like heaven in my mouth. I stopped a moment at looked at everyone. “Wait, when did all of you decide to call me Minnie? I mean, I know I gave Sungjongie permission, but I didn't even notice the rest of you starting to call me that until now,” I said.

Would you rather Minnie or flailing mouse? Because we can go back to that one,” Woohyun said, being one of the ones to refer to me as flailing mouse. I shook my head quickly.

Minnie is fine, I just didn't notice you guys starting to pick that nickname up until like just now,” I said, really not wanting them to call me flailing mouse anymore. But I knew they would keep making references to me being a mouse. That part was inevitable.

Of course, we could just call you noona,” Dongwoo said. I poked him repeatedly across the table.

You can't call me noona! I'm younger than most of you!” I said, emphasizing the first part with each poke. Dongwoo laughed and leaned back out of the way so that I couldn't poke him anymore. I flopped across the table in surrender. That was when I noticed my ice cream was missing. I looked around the table and there it was. Being eaten. By L. “Hey, punk! That's mine!” I said, pointing at the guilty boy, and then at the ice cream. He shrugged.

You were letting it melt,” he said.

You guys were distracting me,” I said with a pout. I smiled. “That's okay. If you want it, go ahead. I probably wasn't going to eat much more of it anyway. Keep having to deal with a few...things.” I shot Dongwoo a quick glare before busting out into giggles anyway. I couldn't help it. He was making that face again! I poked his monkey face cheeks.

Even your giggle sounds like a mouse,” Dongwoo said. “Like, one of those cartoon mice. I don't think real mice giggle.”

I'm not a mouse!” I said, flicking some of his ice cream at his face since mine got commandeered by a certain someone. That's right L, I'm looking at you. “If I'm a mouse, you're a...a...a crazy monkey!” He laughed at me. I made a pouting face and sat back in my seat. Who would have thought that treating them to ice cream would be this...fun? I smiled lightly at that thought. It was indeed fun.