Lopsided Blush?

Days of Infinite

 

Sungyeol took me to their dorm because Sungjong had called him while he was driving (Yeollie pulled off to the side to take the call, don't worry) and said he wanted me to come over because he hadn't seen me all day. I told Yeollie that he didn't have to if he didn't want to, but he said it was fine. He parked the bike and stood up, holding out a hand to help me off. I accepted his offer and slung my leg over, sliding to land lightly on the ground. He took off my helmet and placed it on the seat before taking off his own. I pulled my hair out of the side ponytail and then ran my fingers through it to get out any tangles before putting it back up. Yeollie shook his head out and smoothed his hair back down. He smiled at me.

Ready?” he asked. I nodded. He lead me over to a high tech looking panel on the wall and pressed some buttons. “Yah, Sungjong, I'm back,” he said when Sungjong answered from their dorm.

You're back?”

Yeah. Let me in.”

Okay.”

Then he lead me through the glass door next to the panel and into the elevator.

Fancy place you've got here,” I said. “High tech panel...thing.” Sungyeol nodded with a slight grin. We went up the elevator and to the door to their dorm. Sungyeol opened the door and motioned for me to go inside. I shuffled in awkwardly and took off my shoes in the entrance. Yeollie grinned at my mismatched socks. I never match them. I purposely buy packs of similar brightly colored socks and then just never match the colors. At the time, I had one blue and one yellow sock on.

Minnie!” Sungjong said, coming over and hugging me before I got a chance to walk into the main living room.

Hey, Sungjongie!” I said, trying not to be smothered by his height. I'm so short that, whenever he hugs me, I end up with my face buried in his chest. Makes it slightly hard to breathe.

Nice socks,” Woohyun said with a smile. I wriggled my toes at him and giggled. I was tired. Too tired to care, too tired to get flustered and embarrassed. Sungjong pulled back and looked me over.

You look fantastic!” he said.

Thanks,” I said, not really believing him. I mean, I don't think I'm ugly, but I don't think I'm particularly pretty. I think Woohyun finally got a good look at me though, because his jaw dropped a little.

Come in, come in!” Sungjongie said, leading me into the big room. L came out of the small kitchen on the other side of the entrance hall wall and stared at me. I gave him a confused look and sat on the floor next to Sungjong.

Thanks for sending Sungyeol when you did,” I said, stretching up like a cat to relieve the tension in my back and shoulders. Being hunched over on a motorcycle tends to put a slight cramp between my shoulder blades. L sat in front of me, playing absentmindedly with a string on my leggings.

Yeah, that creepy guy she told you about? He grabbed her by the elbow. He was drunk and said she was the kind of girl he liked,” Sungyeol said, plopping down on Sungjong's other side.

Yeah, but lucky for me, Yeollie was there,” I said with a smile, ruffling Sungjong's hair. “Thanks.”

I was worried about you, so of course I was going to have someone make sure nothing happened to you,” Sungjong said, hugging me tightly around the shoulders. Woohyun sat down beside me and ruffled my bangs, seeing as how the rest of my hair was up in a pony tail. I ran my fingers through them to smooth them back out, giving him a slight pout.

We're just glad you're okay, Minnie,” he said with a warm smile.

I think she might have been okay on her own, though. I mean, she punched a girl in the mouth and knocked her on her ,” Yeollie said. I shot him a look.

In my defense, she did slap me in the face. Besides, she fell because she was wearing stilettos,” I said quickly. Woohyun turned my face to look at him.

I was wondering why your blush was lopsided,” he said, poking my left cheek where the girl's hand print apparently lingered. “What made her slap you to begin with?” I pulled my face away from his poking and started fiddling with a ring.

The girl that slapped her wasn't saying nice things about Infinite, so Minnie corrected her and stood up for us. The girl didn't seem to like that, and to add salt to the ego wound, Minnie turned away from her and ignored her when I called her,” Sungyeol said, his eyes sparkling with amusement. I noticed that he said they were saying not-nice things about Infinite as a whole, instead of saying it was just him.

What? I have the attention span of a squirrel,” I said, seeing the look he was giving me.

Are you sure it's not the attention span of a mouse?” Woohyun asked. I smacked him lightly in the chest and he laughed at me. Sungyeol started to recount the events that happened from the time he got there, and since I already knew the whole story because I was there, I found my mind starting to wander. I became vaguely aware of my eyelids starting to droop and that I was leaning against Woohyun (who didn't seem to mind at all).

I should take our little mouse home before she falls asleep,” Sungyeollie said as Woohyun lightly shook my shoulder.

I'm awake,” I said sleepily. Sungyeol stood up and held out his hand. I took it and he helped me up. Woohyun, L, and Sungjong stood up as well and hugged me. I shuffled behind Sungyeol to put my shoes on, but every time I tried to put them on without sitting down, I almost fell. Sungyeol held me up and L put my shoes on one at a time. I smiled in thanks and gave L another hug when he stood back up. Sungyeol and I turned to leave, but I stopped and turned around. “Seriously, guys, you are all amazing. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise,” I said, smiling warmly and walking out the door with Yeollie. Well, more like stumbling out the door. He put an arm around my shoulders to keep me stable. I told him where my apartment is and he took me home. We said goodbye at the door, then stood there in silence for a moment.

Seriously, Minnie, thanks for what you told that girl,” he said finally, looking down at the floor. I smiled.

I meant every word, Yeollie. And thank you for coming to my rescue with that creepy guy,” I said, slipping my arms around his waist for one last hug for the night. He patted my head and broke away, turning around with a small wave.

Goodnight, Minnie,” he said. I could see the tips of his ears were red, which could only mean he was blushing. I smiled.

Goodnight, Yeollie,” I said, unlocking my apartment as he walked away.

 

 

 

@madgirl1117 Nope~ He only did that to protect her from the creepy drunk guy. I actually hadn't considered her getting with Yeollie.