Cat And Mouse Games

Days of Infinite

 

When we got to the arcade, Sungyeol grabbed me by the wrist and practically dragged me to the motorcycle game. He turned to smirk at me, which I returned in full.

Ready to lose?” he asked. I lightly smacked him in the shoulder.

As ready as you are~” I said, hopping on the motorcycle closest to me. He swung his long leg over the motorcycle next to me, glancing over at me one more time with a grin. We put in our money and started the game. For a bit, he was in front, but I barely managed to pull ahead at the very end. I jumped up and squeaked as I did a short victory dance. I looked over at Sungyeol, who was looking at his screen in disbelief. “It's nothing personal, Yeollie~ I'm just a boss at this game,” I said brightly, patting him on the shoulder.

Oh just wait...I'll get you, Minyoung,” he said, looking around at all of the other games to see which one to challenge me to next. I looked around as well and found Hoya getting on the Dance Dance Revolution game alone, so I skipped over to him. He smiled at me once I got there.

Hey, did you want to play as well?” he asked. I shook my head.

Nah, I just wanted to watch,” I said. He motioned for me to get up on the platform.

Come on, play with me,” he said. I rolled my eyes with a smile and got up on the platform.

Fine, but I know I'm not going to win,” I said, standing in the middle of my side, looking over at him.

It doesn't matter, as long as you have fun,” he said, choosing a song and starting the game. I did pretty well, but when I almost missed a beat, I'd squeak and panic, giggling slightly when I barely manage to get the beat in time. When the game was over, we both made an A, but Hoya's all around score was higher. I smiled and turned to face him.

Told ya,” I said, poking him lightly on the shoulder and jumping back a little to be just out of range should he decide to retaliate. He smiled and reached out to poke me in the side. I stepped back to avoid it, but I was already at the edge of the platform, so my foot slipped off the edge and I started falling. As a reflex, I reached out to grab something to catch myself, and it just happened to be Hoya's outstretched hand. It would have been fine if he was standing up straight, but he had leaned forward to poke me, which threw his balance off, so we both went tumbling down. Lucky for me, he caught himself on the floor on either side of me without landing on me completely. He stared down at me with wide eyes before rolling off quickly.

A-are you okay?” he asked. Even with his face turned away, I could see that his ears were turning red. I sat up shakily and nodded, but then I realized that with his head turned, he probably didn't see that.

Y-yeah, I'm fine,” I said. “S-sorry for dragging you down with me. It was a reflex.” He looked back at me, his face returning to normal, and ruffled my hair.

Don't worry about it,” he said. He stood up and held out his hand to help me up. I took it and jumped up, smoothing my hair back down. What is with these boys and messing up my hair? Is it that fun? “You have terrible luck with falling,” he said after a moment. I laughed.

It's because of my poor balance. And I think gravity has something against me,” I said with a playful frown. He chuckled and shook his head. “Hey, want to play a two person fighting game?” I asked suddenly.

Sure,” he said with a shrug. I took him by the hand and led him over to the fighting games and pressed the start buttons to two that were side-by-side. I chose a girl fighter, because she was fast and I like that, while Hoya chose one of the big guy fighters. I rolled my eyes at him.

Typical guy choice,” I said. He grinned at me.

Typical girl choice,” he said in response.

Touche,” I said, turning my attention back to the screen. The game started up, so I put my hands on the controls and waited for the cue to start button mashing, which came quickly. I mostly jumped around to avoid getting hit, and ducked low to hit his character from behind. He was losing, and I could tell he was getting annoyed with it, because he reached over and tried to mess me up. I smacked lightly at his hand and tried to mess him up in return. We both started laughing uncontrollably, and eventually, we ended up with him winning the first round, and losing the next two. When the game was over, I jumped on his back and put him in a playful headlock.

Alright, alright! Mercy! And I won't cheat anymore!” he said between bouts of laughter. I giggled and jumped down off of him. He turned quickly and put me in a headlock in retaliation.

Hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY! What are you doing!? I thought we had a truce, mister!” I said, breaking into a laughing fit. He let me go and laughed with me. I stopped laughing and looked at him for a moment before smacking him lightly on the arm and fleeing.

I ran face first into someone, who caught me by the shoulders before I fell backwards. I looked up to see who it was and saw L smirking down at me.

You should pay attention to what's in front of you when you run,” he said.

In my defense, you weren't there a second ago,” I said with a pout. He laughed at me and let me go. Hoya caught up to me and I ducked to hide behind L. “Save me!” I squeaked. L raised an eyebrow at me.

Why would I do that? It's so much more amusing for me to let him get you,” he said. I grabbed his shirt and shook my head quickly. “Alright then. How about this?” He turned around quickly and tickled me before I got a chance to flee. I squeaked and started laughing until my normal defense mechanism for tickle attacks kicked in. I dropped to the floor, on my .

I swear, you and gravity are conspiring against me,” I muttered between giggles. Hoya and L both held out their hands to help me up, so I took both of them and jumped up. L was laughing at me, and Hoya was grinning like a fool. I pushed them towards the DDR game. “Hoya, destroy this kid, okay?” I said.

Alright then,” Hoya said with a laugh.

With those two distracted and no further threat of tickle attacks or play wrestling, I skipped off to play one of the claw games. I wanted a bunny, dammit. Or maybe a kitty plush. Yes, a kitty plush would be nice. With a goal in mind, I put my money in the machine and started steering the claw towards the kitty plush in the corner. I had just positioned the claw carefully over the kitty plush when someone came up from behind me and pushed the button to drop the crane. I jumped and scrambled away from the machine and the arm that had reached around me to push the button, turning quickly to see who dared risk making me not get my kitty plush. It was Woohyun. He bent down and took my hard won kitty from the machine, walking over to me and handing it over.

You scared me, Woohyun!” I said, smacking Woohyun in the chest with the kitty plush. He laughed at me. “If you had made me mess up, I would have been very mad at you, mister!”

Well lucky for me you have your little kitty plush, then,” he said. I snuggled the kitty plush and smiled at him.

You bet it is! I love kitties. They are so cute and then when they grow up, they are the most beautiful creatures on the planet,” I said. His face turned bright red as he looked anywhere but at me. I poked him in the chest. “What's wrong with you? You're usually the one making me feel embarrassed.”

D-do you remember anything from when I called Sunggyu while you were in the hospital?” he asked carefully. I thought for a moment, but shook my head.

I was way too tired to retain much from that day. I do remember asking him to sing for m-” I stopped before I mentioned my mother. Because then he would ask about her. I wasn't ready to tell them, yet... “But no, I don't remember much from the phone call.”

Oh, I see,” he said. And for a split second, there was that expression again. That almost sad expression I thought I had seen at the amusement park. But it was once again gone before I could really be sure that it was there.

What did I say?” I asked. I wasn't sure what I could have said, but I either said something that made him sad, or he was sad that I couldn't remember it. Either way, I didn't want to see him sad. Woohyunie should always smile. That was the Woohyun I was used to seeing. He shook his head with a smile.

Don't worry about it,” he said. “I'll just let you figure it out for yourself.”

Aw, you're mean...” I muttered. He reached out to ruffle my hair, but stopped and threw his arm around my shoulders instead.

I'm not that mean, see? I stopped myself from ruffling your hair because I know you don't like it,” he said. I felt my face turn slightly pink and looked up at him. Everyone else just goes ahead and ruffles my hair, whether I like it or not.

W-well then, thank you,” I said. I didn't realize even then just how much attention he paid to me. I didn't find that out until later.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't worry, you still get cookies.