I'm Not Cute D:

Days of Infinite

 

Woohyun and Sungjong came back a few minutes later with a first-aid kit. I smiled at them as they came closer.

Did you tell them your clumsy idiot friend missed the stairs?” I asked, laughing lightly. Sungjong laughed a little as well.

Yes, that is exactly what we told them,” Woohyun said jokingly. Sungjong opened the kit and took out the alcohol swabs to clean out the scrapes.

It might sting a bit,” he said, looking over at me. L took my hand carefully in his and smiled softly at me.

If it hurts, don't be afraid to squeeze,” he said calmly. I nodded as Sungjong crouched in front of me. I closed my eyes quickly. I didn't want to tense up as he came closer with the alcohol. He softly dabbed at my knee. I hissed a little and slightly tightened my grip on L's hand as the alcohol went to work on my knee. It did sting. A lot. L ran his thumb across the top of my hand in a soothing manner. I focused all of my attention on his comforting touch rather than the pain and managed to relax even as Sungjong moved on to my other knee, and then to my hand. I opened my eyes and looked at L as I reluctantly let go of his hand so Sungjong could clean my other hand. The derpy-kitten-cute boy smiled at me and put a hand on my shoulder. I kept looking into his eyes and focusing on the feeling of his hand on my shoulder as Sungjong applied the alcohol to my last remaining scrape. It was over quickly and Woohyun opened the big band-aids. I watched as he placed them carefully on my knees. He looked up and caught me watching him before flashing a quick smile. I blinked and looked away quickly, a slight blush coloring my cheeks once more. L had taken a hold of my hand again and was putting a big band-aid on the palm, and on my other side, Sungjong was doing the same.

Thank you, guys. Of course, having you guys help me like that made me feel like a child, but what better place for a child than the amusement park?” I pointed out with a smile. They smiled back, seeing that the fall hadn't dampened my spirits at all.

Alright, flailing mouse, let's go ride some rides,” Woohyun said with a light smirk. I rolled my eyes with a grin.

Was it really that amusing?” I asked, sticking my tongue out at him. I know, I know. Real mature, right?

About at amusing as a cute derpy kitten running into a mirror,” L said, his face dangerously close to my ear. Squeaking a little, I jumped up and stood facing them a little bit away. After all, L was still it.

Derpy kitten?” Sungjong repeated, looking at L funny.

L-let's just ride some rides!” I stammered before L could explain why he had said what he did. He smirked at me, having sufficiently flustered me. Woohyun and Sungjong exchanged confused looks before standing up to join me. L got up as well and ruffled my hair a little. I went to flatten it back down, but Woohyun beat me to it. He smoothed down my hair and flung an arm around my shoulders. I looked up at him with a light blush.

Oh, right, we have to talk the first-aid kit back,” Sungjong said. “Come with me, L!” He grabbed L by the wrist and picked up the first-aid kit. L looked back at me as he got dragged away.

Wait, no don't leav-” I started, almost reaching out after them. I caught myself before I did and looked up at Woohyun, hoping he hadn't noticed. He smiled down at me.

You're so adorable when you're flustered,” he said. I blinked and looked away. He lightly squeezed my shoulders.

J-just so we're clear, I don't have a creepy fan-girl crush on you,” I mumbled quickly. He laughed.

I know. It's just so fun to embarrass you,” he said. I looked up at him in a combination of shock and anger, before lightly elbowing him in the ribs. He put his hand to his ribs and made overly dramatic sounds of pain.

Psh, it didn't hurt that bad,” I said, rolling my eyes. He laughed and started walking forward, dragging me along with him. I clasped my hands in front of me to resist putting my arm around his waist.

What do you want to ride first? Maybe I should force you through the tunnel of love with me-” That earned him another elbow in the ribs.

Let's go on a roller coaster!” I said with a smile. He smiled back at me.

Alright then,” he said. I made a face as a thought came to me suddenly.

No one seems to stop and recognize you guys...” I muttered. He shrugged a little then poked me in the shoulder.

But that's good. That means we have more time to do what we want without having to stop every five seconds,” he said thoughtfully. I nodded slowly. He had a point.

It's just...It's not that you guys changed your looks to come here. I can clearly see Sungjong and L coming back right now, even through the crowd,” I said, more confused than disappointed. I mean, sure they are successful, but it would be nice for them if they got more recognition. They are a little underrated compared to some of the other groups out there, and that saddened me. “You guys are just so amazing that I think everyone should know Infinite's music...” I muttered.

You two look adorable,” L said when he and Sungjong made it back to us. I felt the blush rise up again and scrambled away from Woohyun, hiding behind Sungjong. L laughed at me and Woohyun looked...I shook my head. There was no way I saw that correctly. His expression passed so quickly back to a smile that I wasn't sure if I had seen another expression on his face at all. But, for a tiny instance, he looked...disappointed.