Like A Doll

Days of Infinite

 

We first arrived at a salon so that the stylists could get to work on the boys. Oh, and me. As soon as I entered the building, Hwa Young took my hand and led me over to a rack of clothing. She looked me over before flipping through the clothes, occasionally pulling something out, making a face, and putting it back. Finally, she decided on a light blue shirt with a white belt that went right under the chest area. The sleeves on it were elbow length, and the neck was square cut with light lace around the edges. Despite my protests, she handed me a multilayer skirt with a slightly darker blue, the light blue, and while layers. For accessories, she let me keep the chunky bracelet on my wrist and my infinity pendant, giving me a white ribbon for my neck, another chunky bracelet for the other side, and two lighter bracelets. Then she handed me three rings, one for my left thumb, one for my left index finger, and one for my right ring finger. With everything in tow, she pushed me lightly over to the changing cubicles. I came back out with everything on, giving a slight pout as I fiddled with the dreaded skirt. Have I mentioned that I hate skirts? I have? Good.

You look great!” Hwa Young said, clapping her hands with a little jump. “I told you it would be fine.” I gave her another little pout.

I don't like skirts...” I muttered.

Oh it'll be fine for just this once, right~? Come on, please? For unnie?” she pleaded, giving me the puppy eyes. Damn this twenty-five year old woman and her ginormous eyes...

Ugh, fine. But just this once!” I said, giving in to her request. She smiled and jumped up and down a little, doing a small victory dance. “Hate skirts...” I mumbled. She pretended not to hear me as she handed me a pair of white heels with little bows on the back. They weren't very high, so hopefully I wouldn't have any more issues with gravity than I normally do. I put them on and Hwa Young smiled at me. She took my hand and lead me over to where Sang Hee would be doing my makeup and hair. Sang Hee started off washing my hair and then drying it. She then straightened my bangs until they were perfectly straight. Then, she took a little bit of light gel and applied it to the rest of my hair to keep the natural waves without the frizz. With that, she applied a light makeup to my face, giving me a natural look while still accentuating my eyes and my naturally long lashes.

You look adorable, like a little doll,” Sang Hee said, smiling at me.

Well, with you and Hwa Young unnie playing dress up with me, I kind of feel like a doll,” I said, making a slight pouting face. She laughed at me and patted my shoulder lightly. I smiled at her and got up to find the boys. They were already dressed and L and Sungyeol were getting their hair and makeup done first. The rest were waiting on the couch, either on their phones, listening to music, or trying to get a little more sleep. I walked over to them shyly as my little heels made soft tak-tak noises on the floor. Sungjong, Woohyun, and Sunggyu looked up while the other two were still trying to sleep. The three that looked up at me widened their eyes in surprise.

Wow, Minnie, you look great!” Sungjong said, standing up and hugging me. I blushed and looked away, smiling softly.

Th-thanks,” I said, fiddling with the hem of the skirt.

You're like a little doll! It just makes me want to protect you from harm,” Woohyun said, stealing me from Sungjong's hug so that he could hug me as well. Sunggyu patted me on the head and smiled.

The 'cute and innocent' look suits you,” he said. I struggled free from Woohyun and put my hands in the air in mock exasperation.

Too...much...attention!” I said dramatically, hiding behind a sleeping Dongwoo. He was on the edge of the couch, kind of slumped over, so it was easy to use him and the couch to hide behind. Of course, I didn't know that he wasn't fully asleep.

She's hiding behind me again, isn't she?” he muttered without opening his eyes.

Aw did the sound of the heels running towards you give it away?” I asked with a grin. He smiled and opened his eyes, turning to look at me.

Yes,” he said, poking me in the nose and sitting up. “Now stand up so I can get a look at you.” I stuck out my bottom lip and did as I was told. His jaw dropped. “You do look like a little doll!”

Why does everyone keep saying that?” I asked, throwing my hands up in defeat and turning away. I crossed my arms and pouted.

Because you do!” he said, his face still shocked. “For a second I thought someone took a doll and made it life-sized. Well, at least Minyoung-sized. Ow!” I had smacked him lightly in the arm. He rubbed where I hit him and looked at me funny. “What was that for?” I smiled innocently.

What was what for~?” I asked, smiling and skipping over to hide behind L, who had just come over to join us with his hair and makeup done. L looked at me and grinned.

You should know better than to hide behind me by now,” he said, reaching back to tickle me. I jumped back to avoid the attack and grabbed his hands to make sure. Not that I thought I could hold him back, but it didn't hurt to try. He flipped our hands so that he had hold of mine instead of it being the other way around and spun me around to hold me from behind. With that, he held me with one arm and tickled me with his free hand. I squeaked and struggled against his grip, not finding any of my usual methods of escape to be useful. After a moment, he stopped and pushed me into someone, who barely caught me to keep me upright. “I think that's enough punishment for now,” L said, the smirk evident in his voice. I looked up slowly to see who it was he had pushed me into. Upon seeing who it was, I blushed and took a step back, looking at the floor and smoothing my skirt out to distract myself. Woohyun, the one L had pushed me into, looked first at me, then the floor, and finally shot a look at L, who was laughing silently at us. I'm telling you, L is an evil child...

We spent the next two hours with them getting their hair and makeup done for the interview. During that time, we played rock, paper, scissors and dibidibidip (if you don't know the game, it's really easy. I would suggest finding it on YouTube or Google, because seeing it is easier than trying to imagine it with words and stuff). All of our usual sleepiness was gone by then, and once everyone was ready, we filed into the cars and headed towards the interview. I couldn't help but get nervous again as I hoped none of the fans would see me. I really would like to continue living.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, the title is an FT Island song. I couldn't help it ^^ Also, I have another story going about ChAOS if anyone wants to check it out. It's quite a bit different that this one, and part of the reason I took so long updating. I'M SORRY T^T

Also, I put a picture of Minnie in the Forward and I'll put the drawing of her outfit on the next chapter. I also have one more picture and I'm working on one for a later event. Yes.