Found You

Days of Infinite

 

My friends disappeared into the crowd immediately after we walked in. I hesitated before weaving my way through the crowd.

Eun Ae? Jin Kyong! Soo Jin? Where did you guys go?” I shouted over the thumping music. My voice isn't suited to yelling, however, and got drowned out in all of the chaos. I looked around and caught a glimpse of an older man in one of the booths along the far wall staring into the crowd in my direction. I shrugged it off. Maybe he was looking at someone around me. No use getting paranoid about it. With a sigh, I went back to the bar to get out of the crowd. Too many people too close together. I chanced another glance around and saw that the older man was still staring at me. I shrugged it off and kept scanning for my friends. He was probably deciding what to drink next. I mean, I was at the bar. I moved down the bar a little bit to be sure, watching him out of the corner of my eye. His eyes followed my ever movement. I was starting to get a little creeped out. I jumped as my phone rang from my front pocket.

Hello?” I answered it, looking for my friends a bit more frantically than before. I didn't want to be alone with that man staring...

Minnie! Sorry we were busy today. Where are you?” Sungjong asked over the phone.

Sungjongie! I totally understand that you guys are busy. Don't feel bad, my friends dragged me to a club,” I said with a sigh.

Ah, well it's good to know you're having fun,” he said.

Not really. They disappeared as soon as we got here and now I can't find them and I'm pretty sure this creepy guy keeps staring at me. I swear, if he comes near me, he'll end up with a bloody eye and a black nose,” I said, still looking around for the three girls I came here with.

I think you mean-”

I know what I mean.”

Which club are you at?” he asked. I told him what club my friends took me to. “Ah I see.”

Well, I'm going to go back to playing 'Where's Waldo' with my friends playing as Waldo and I'm the searcher,” I said, not really sure if I made sense, but not really caring. That guy was still staring... “I'll call you later.”

Alright. Bye Minnie.”

I ventured back into the crowd to find my friends. I wasn't sure how long I was looking, but let's just say I heard four or five songs while I searched for them. Seriously, how can three girls hide in a club so well? I felt a grin rise to my face as '내꺼하자' or 'Be Mine' came on. After one last scan, I wandered back towards the bar. I was at the edge of the crowd when a girl said something from behind me that caught my attention. I stopped dead in my tracks.

Why is that Sungyeol guy even in Infinite? He never sings or anything,” the girl said. I turned around and tapped her on the shoulder.

Excuse me, maybe you should think before you speak. Sungyeol has been getting more lines recently, and he's a very important member of Infinite. If Infinite was without even one member, they wouldn't be Infinite anymore. Sure, he doesn't get many lines, but when everyone sings together, it wouldn't be the same or nearly as awesome if Yeollie wasn't singing with them,” I said angrily at the girl. “If anything, I wish he had more confidence because his voice is really good. And just so you know, Sungyeol is a very dear friend of mine, so if you continue to talk bad about him, I'll-” My phone rang just then. I answered it, still glaring at the girl. “Hello?”

No, no. Finish your threat. I want to know what it was,” the familiar voice said on the phone. I turned around and, sure enough, Sungyeol was sitting on a bar stool behind me. The girl I was ranting at grabbed me by the shoulder and spun me around. I gave her a cold look just before her hand whipped across my face. My head spun a little and I lashed out with my left hand, mostly because my phone was still in my right hand, and punched her right in the mouth. Her head snapped back in shock as she fell flat on her . I glared at her before smiling and turning back around to face Sungyeol, walking over to him.

How long have you been sitting there?” I asked as I made it closer to him.

Long enough, did you really just punch a girl in the face?” he said, standing up and staring behind me. I pouted and put my hand to my cheek.

She slapped me. It hurt. Kiss it and make it better,” I said, puffing out my cheek. He smiled and leaned forward to kiss my cheek. My eyes widened in surprise and I stepped back. “Alright, I'm going to stop telling you guys to do that. You guys actually do it.”

Well yeah, you told me to,” he said with a shrug.

I-I didn't think you'd actually do it! My friends usually just laugh at me and like kiss their finger and poke me where I get hurt rather than really kissing me!” I stammered quickly, clearly flustered.

Did you really mean what you told that girl?” he asked quietly.

W-well, yeah. I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it,” I said, blushing slightly and looking anywhere but at his face, which had a warm smile. Then he looked at me as if a thought just occurred to him.

Yeollie?” he asked with a quirked brow.

A lot of your fans call you that,” I said quickly in my defense.

Minyoungie?”

Yeah?”

Thank you,” he said. I smiled at him warmly. I jumped lightly and did a little salute for him.

So what brings you here~?” I asked cutely. He laughed at my probable fail at aegyo.

Sungjong asked me to come because you said a creepy guy was staring at you. He was worried that the guy would try something, so I came to get you,” he said.

Ah so you're here to kidnap me?” I asked with a grin.

You could put it that way,” he said with a smile.

Well, let my try one last time to find my friends, or at least one of them, and let them know I'm leaving,” I said. He nodded and I turned to go back into the crowd. I got smart and called Eun Ae's phone so that I could follow the sound of the ring tone. I heard it faintly and followed it to find Soo Jin instead. I tapped her shoulder, since she seemed to be ignoring the phone. She turned and smiled at me.

Unnie, a friend of mine came to take me away~!” I said, leaning close to her ear so she could hear me.

Boyfriend~?” she asked with a sparkle in her eye.

Psh, no. He's just a friend,” I said.

Uh-huh, that's what they all say. Well, have fun with your boyfriend, then~” she said with a light wave.

He's not my- Ugh!” I said, throwing up my arms and turning around, still smiling at my friend's weirdness. I made it just a few steps before someone grabbed my elbow. At first, I thought it was Soo Jin, but I noticed the hand was too big and way too sweaty to be my friend's. I turned quickly to see who it was. The man from earlier, the creepy staring man, had staggered over to me. Even at arms length, he smelled of alcohol.

You're just the kind of girl I like,” he said with a slur, his eyes gleaming in a way that sent chills down my spine.

Get off of me, you creep!” I yelled, jerking my arm out of the drunk man's grasp. He reached out to grab me again when I felt myself being pulled back by the waist before finding my back against someone's chest. The person kept his arm around my waist.

Honey, what's taking you so long? I thought we were leaving,” I heard Sungyeollie say from behind me. I glanced back at him. He was shooting an L level glare at the drunk man.

S-sorry sweetie, I was just on my way when this guy stopped me,” I stammered in reply. The drunk man was fuming.

Hey! I saw her first!” the creepy man yelled, pointing a finger at Yeollie. Sungyeol leaned forward threateningly.

This girl. Is my girl,” he said darkly. If I wasn't the one he was protecting, I would have been scared. Hell, he was still a little scary to me.

Babe, let's just go,” I said shakily, pushing him away from the creepy drunk man.

Alright,” he said, glaring at the man for as long as he could before turning all the way around. He took my hand and led me to his motorcycle, handing me a helmet. I smiled at him as I put it on and clambered onto the bike behind him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my cheek on his back.

Sungyeol?”

Yeah?”

Thank you.”