Say What Now?

Days of Infinite

 

We continued talking throughout the night, mostly about little things. I started feeling sleepy around three in the morning and found myself leaning against Woohyun, my eyelids drooping every now and then. Even in such a sleepy state, I didn't trust L not to be evil, so I didn't lean against him. As silence lapsed in the room, I yawned softly (my yawns are quiet and squeak a little at the end...don't ask why, that's just how I yawn).

I love you guys...” I mumbled sleepily. Woohyun put an arm around me and hugged me while L poked my nose.

We love you too, Minnie,” Sungjong said with a sleepy smile.

Let's get some sleep. We do still have a schedule tomorrow afternoon,” Sunggyu said. I fell asleep before I even laid down.

***

I woke up some time later and found myself using Woohyun as a pillow, his arm curled around me as he my hair behind my ear in his sleep. I had thrown my arm across him, and his shirt had ridden up on the side with my hand, so I was touching bare skin. My other hand was sticking out from under me, seeing as I was laying on my side, and L's hand was wrapped around my fingers, his head pressed up against my stomach. Sungjong was curled up behind me, his shoulders level with the small of my back, and Sungyeollie had his legs draped across mine. I had no idea where the other three ended up. Woohyun's hand paused for a moment and then resumed, sending a shiver down my spine. I must have shuddered, because L got up and came back, carefully tucking a blanket around me before laying back down in the same position he had originally been in, his hand sneaking under the blanket to grab mine once again.

 

The manager woke us up at about eleven in the morning. Everyone was still in the same position they were in when I woke up the first time. I made sleepy noises and buried my face in Woohyun's side to escape the light Manager Kim had to wake us up. Woohyun his side and covered my eyes with his shoulder.

Come on guys, get up. You have a schedule at three and you need to be awake for it. I let you sleep in because I figured you stayed up a bit last night,” Manager Kim said. I groaned softly and sat up, rubbing my head and not opening my eyes. Woohyun sat up and draped himself across my shoulders, his eyes closed as well. I leaned my head against his, too tired to keep it up. I reached back and nudged Sungjongie awake. He sat up and leaned against me as well. L crawled back over to me and used my lap as a pillow, wrapping his arms around my waist. I looked at the three boys in my personal bubble through half-open eyes, wondering how I got in this situation.

Come on guys, get up,” I muttered, nudging L's head with my finger. He made sleepy noises and snuggled closer to me. “Come on, up.” I nudged Sungjongie and Woohyun and they sat up on their own. Sunggyu was going about waking up Yeollie, Hoya, and Dongwoo (who he was having no luck with). I pushed L up into a sitting position. “Myungsoo...at least sit up, okay?” I said, using his real name. Sunggyu gave up on Dongwoo and went back to waking up Hoya all the way. I crawled over to Dongwoo and sat on his chest. “Oppa...wake up...please?”

He never wakes up,” Sunggyu said, looking over at me.

I'll make him wake up...” I muttered. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and shook him. He grabbed my hands and flipped both of us over before falling back asleep on top of me. I squeaked and pushed him back off. I got back up and sat on him again. An idea struck me then. I smirked and hit him in the forehead with a less-restrained ttak bam than I did on him the first time I hit him. His eyes snapped open and he looked at me.

Ow!” he said, putting a hand to his forehead.

I got you awake, didn't I?” I said with a smile, getting up off of his chest. He sat up and looked at me.

...I guess you did,” he said, laughing. Sunggyu was staring at me.

Are you magic?” Sunggyu asked. I laughed and nodded.

You caught me,” I said, holding up my hands in surrender. Sunggyu laughed while the others were too sleepy to pay attention. Manager Kim was looking at us with an amused smile.

Minyoung-ah, how would you like to come with them to their schedule?” he said, leaning against the door frame. I looked up at him with puffed out cheeks and tilted my head.

Say what now?” I asked, not sure I heard him right.

You bring out their childish personalities and a lot of the fans like that, so would you like to come with?” he asked again. I pulled at the borrowed tee shirt and pushed sleepily at my messy hair, still puffing out my cheeks (I tend to do that when I wake up, mostly because I don't realize that I'm doing it, but apparently it's cute).

I'd have to go back to my place and get ready,” I muttered groggily. Manager Kim smiled at me and shook his head.

We'll let our stylists have some fun with you,” he said.

What kind of schedule is it?” I asked, honestly worrying about their fans and being killed by them while walking down the streets or something.

It's an interview, but you don't have to go on camera with them if you don't feel comfortable. I have a feeling that just you being there will bring out their childishness,” he said with a light chuckle. Hearing that I didn't have to go on camera made me feel better. Maybe the fans wouldn't see me after all. With a smile, I nodded.

That sounds fun,” I said, giving him a sleepy double thumbs up. Sungjong gave a tired cheer.

Woo, Minnie gets to come with,” he said with a smile. I stood up and one leg of the borrowed sweats slid down to my ankle. Sungjongie giggled at me. “You really are tiny,” he said, indicating the sweats. I giggled back and nodded.

Yeah, it happens when you're only 152 centimeters tall,” I said. They all laughed before looking at me funny.

Wait, you're really only 152 centimeters tall?” Sungyeol asked. I shot him a look that said he had no room to ask. He held his hands up in surrender and looked me up and down for a moment. He turned away, muttering something about 'tiny' and went about kicking L awake. L groaned and sat up again.

Boys, your toothbrushes and stuff are in the boy's bathroom. Minnie, we got you what you need in the girl's bathroom,” Manager Kim said. We all nodded and everyone stumbled out except Woohyun, who grabbed my arm and led me to Manager Kim.

Hyung, make sure someone takes care of her injuries as well,” he said, indicating my hand and ankle. Manager Kim raised an eyebrow at me.

What happened?” he asked. I laughed nervously.

W-well, I dropped a glass and it shattered,” I said with a shrug. “I'm a natural klutz, so I'm used to it by now...” Manager Kim looked at Woohyun.

I'll see to it that she's taken care of,” he said. Woohyun smiled and thanked him before following the others to the boy's bathroom. I looked at the manager, who nodded for me to go, and bowed, heading to the girl's bathroom to get ready.

I washed my face and a nice looking lady came in with bandages and alcohol while I was brushing my teeth. She gestured for me to sit on the counter so that she could treat my ankle and heel. I did as I was instructed, still brushing my teeth with my good hand. She finished with my ankle and went to work on my hand.

My goodness, what happened, dear?” she asked.

I dropped a glass and it shattered,” I said through a mouthful of toothbrush. She made a sound of sympathy and finished with my hand.

Doesn't it hurt?” she asked. I paused brushing for a second to consider the question.

Not as much now as it did when it first happened,” I said softly, returning to brushing my teeth. She nodded slightly and checked over her work.

Do you need anything else?” she asked. I shook my head and smiled, bowing awkwardly from the counter in thanks. She smiled back, bowing slightly in return and leaving. I hopped carefully off of the counter and spat the toothpaste into the sink before rinsing and wiping the toothpaste off of the corners of my mouth. I took a brush through my hair to attempt to make it look decent. It worked to an extent. I at least didn't look like a sleepy ragamuffin anymore. I went back to the practice room to get my dress, jacket, and shoes. A stylist unnie ushered me out once I got my things and led me to a car.

You'll ride with me and Sang Hee unnie. My name is Hwa Young,” she said, holding out a hand. I accepted and shook her hand.

I'm Minyoung,” I said with a slight bow. She smiled at me and put an arm around my shoulders.

It's going to be fun to play with your looks, Minyoung-ah,” she said, pulling at a strand of my blonde hair. “I like your blue streak, it's interesting.”

Th-thanks,” I said with a light blush. Curse my social awkwardness... Hwa Young opened the back door of the car and motioned for me to go in. There was already another lady in the front passenger seat, so Hwa Young and I sat in the back. The lady in the front seat turned and smiled at me.

Hello there. My name is Sang Hee,” she said, holding out a hand. I took her hand and shook it with a slight bow.

My name is Minyoung,” I said, another light blush coloring my cheeks. Why is meeting people so awkward for me? She flashed another smile and turned back around as the car started forward. I fidgeted lightly with the seam of the borrowed tee shirt I was still wearing.

So, Minyoung-ah, how did you enjoy your night?” Hwa Young asked, poking me lightly and smiling at me mischievously.

It was fun. We laughed a lot, and it felt like all of the stress I had been feeling recently was just lifted off my shoulders,” I said with a slight smile. She tilted her head with pursed lips.

What kind of stress?” she asked. I waved my hand lightly to indicate that it was no big deal, even though for a bit it was.

Just family stuff. But it's fine now,” I said, tucking one side of my hair behind my ear. Sang Hee turned back around and pulled out the blue strand of my hair.

I'm a stylist, so I'm going to ask stylist kind of questions. Is there another color you'd consider in your hair?” she asked, examining my hair.

U-um, well, blue is my favorite color, so I had been planning on keeping this strand blue. But if I had to change it, the only other color I would consider would be red,” I responded.

Is red your second favorite color?” she asked, letting the blue strand fall. I shook my head.

Actually I'm not big on red. I mean, it looks decent on me, and the color is starting to grow on me, but a few weeks ago, red was one of my least favorite colors,” I said, puffing out my cheek slightly and tilting my head.

If you don't like red, why is it the only other color you'd put in your hair?” she asked with a tilt of her head.

W-well, that is...it's because...you see...” I stammered. I didn't want to tell them the reason. I probably should have just lied and said it was my second favorite color to avoid this whole situation, but I was slightly tired still, and therefore didn't think about it. If you're a major fan of Infinite, I think you can figure out why. “I-I don't know,” I lied with a mostly casual shrug. The two of them shared a smile and a shrug.

It's fine if you don't know. I was just curious,” Sang Hee said, turning back around. Somehow, I couldn't contain my nerves, so I sat on my hands to hide the shaking. I mean, I was going with Infinite to an interview. I really hoped the host wouldn't ask who I was, and that the cameras would stay away from me. I really wanted to live. With that thought, the car ride continued with small snippets of polite conversation. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I bet you all know why she said red, ne~?

And seriously, thank you to all of my new subscribers, and of course, to the ones that have been here since the first few chapters (which all came at once because I already had them typed and just needed the courage to post them XD). If I could give you all cookies, I would. And trust me, I make great cookies from scratch. 

And probably next chapter I'll put up a picture of Minnie that I drew. I don't know if I'll put it on the chapter or on the forwa​rd page though, but it'll happen at the same time either way. And yes, I brought down the font size, because I felt like I was writing more than I was, and so I dropped it down so that I would be tricked into writing more. 

I'll stop rambling now. It's late. Goodnight, everyone~