Breaking the Drunk Fish

Days of Infinite

 

Sungjong and L were laughing at another strange analogy I had made (something about a drunk fish. Don't ask) and Woohyun was smiling in amusement as we walked to the front to meet up with the others. After much walking, we made it to the sign in the front where the two groups agreed to meet up at.

Sungjong made a fish face and the proceeded to act drunk. I busted out with laughter and had to hold the sign to keep myself upright.

Like that?” Sungjong asked. I nodded, being unable to form words through my laughter. My face was starting to hurt from laughing so much and I was sure I was working on a six pack under my light blue tank top.

What's so funny?” I heard Sunggyu ask from behind me and turned to face him, trying (and failing) to stifle my laughter. I couldn't stop a few giggle from escaping. And when Dongwoo, seeing my unstoppable giggles, made a monkey face, I lost it all over again. Sungyeol smacked Dongwoo in the shoulder.

You broke her!” he said with a grin.

Oh no, she was broken before,” Woohyun said, poking me in the shoulder hard enough to tip me over into the sign.

No kidding, what did you guys do to her hands and knees?” Hoya asked, spotting the band-aids. I swallowed my laughter before the boys could say anything and shook my head.

That was my own idiot fault for starting a game of tag and then not watching where I was going,” I said, trying to force the corners of a smile down. L lightly flicked my elbow from behind me, which startled me enough to make me jump.

Stop calling yourself an idiot,” he said.

Speaking of tag, you're still it!” I said, fleeing to hide behind Dongwoo. L gave me a look.

I didn't think we were still playing! I've had plenty of opportunities to tag all three of you,” he said. I wagged a finger at him.

But you didn't,” I said with a grin. He ran at me quickly. I squeaked and, slightly pushing Dongwoo into him, I tried to flee. He dodged around Dongwoo and caught me around the waist.

You're it,” he whispered into my ear.

There were a bunch of people between us, why didn't you tag one of them?” I squeaked, smacking at his hands until he let go of me.

Thanks for throwing me to the wolf, Minnie!” Dongwoo said, hiding behind Hoya now that I was it.

That's enough tag for now, kids. Someone else might get hurt,” Sunggyu said in an attempt to stop making us act like, well, kids. I gave him a face.

But, but that means I'll still be it next time...” I grumbled. Since I wasn't it anymore, Dongwoo stopped hiding and I walked over to him. I gave him a sulky hug. “Sorry about using you as a human shield,” I murmured. He laughed.

It's okay. By the way, cute squeak. No wonder you compared yourself to a flailing mouse,” he said. I pushed him away and gave him a childishly playful glare.

Was it really that amusing?!” I asked, still not sure why that was as amusing as they kept thinking it was.

As amusing as a drunk fish,” Sungjong said. The other group gave him a funny look. “She said it, not me!”

Don't ask,” I said quickly, not really wanting to explain it again.

You're weird,” Dongwoo said.

I've had this conversation before,” I said, looking pointedly at L. He feigned innocence and looked around the park as if I wasn't talking about him. I lightly kicked him in the ankle and he put me in a playful headlock. I squeaked and pushed at his arm, trying to get free. “I'll bite you!” I said, snapping my teeth together lightly to show I was (mostly) serious. He leaned close and whispered in my ear.

I dare you,” he said. I shrugged (as best as one can in a headlock) and bit his arm. He yelped in surprise and let go of me. “You bit me!” he said in shock.

Well she did say she would,” Sungjong said.

And you said you dared me so I did!” I said in my defense. I didn't pay attention to who I was hiding behind until he turned enough to sling an arm over my shoulders. I knew then that it was Woohyun. The only other person who gets in my personal bubble is Sungjong and he was in front of me. I fought down another blush and poked him in the side.

Alright, kids, lets go back,” Sunggyu said, getting our attention again. We nodded in (freaky) unison and walked to the bus stop to go home.