The Klutz and the Caretaker

Days of Infinite

 

Several bus changes later, we arrived at the amusement park. I could barely contain my excitement as I looked around. I hadn't been to an amusement park since I was little. Sunggyu stopped and looked at us.

Going around as one big group will attract too much attention. Maybe we should split up?” he suggested. I nodded along with everyone else. “Do you guys want to split up into groups of two, two groups of three and a group of two, or groups of four?”

I'm cool with whatever you guys decide,” I said with a shrug. After a few moments of deliberation, the guys decided on going in two groups of four, that way it would be easier to meet up later. Sungjong slid his arm through mine as if to announce his claim on me. I didn't mind. I was the most comfortable with him anyway. He was like a younger brother to me. Woohyun draped an arm across my shoulders and smiled at me. I tried to fight the slowly rising blush as I shot a shaky smile back at him.

Who wants to come with the three of us?” Woohyun asked, looking around at everyone else.

Well, since L is the same age as she is, I was thinking he should go with her,” Sunggyu said. I glanced quickly at L.

If it's alright with him, I'm good with it,” I said softly. L smiled and walked over to join Sungjong, Woohyun, and I in our little group. That left Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Hoya, and Sungyeol in the other group. To be honest, I kind of wanted to swap Woohyun for someone I didn't feel terribly embarrassed around. Like Yeollie or someone. But I didn't want to be rude, so I kept that to myself. I flashed a smile at L, mostly because he was the only one in our group currently not invading my personal space. As Sunggyu and his group walked off, I wriggled free of the two boys and lightly tapped L on the shoulder.

Tag, you're it!” I said with a grin before taking off into the park. L made a sound of surprise and looked at the other two, who exchanged a look of their own before taking off after me.

Wait, wait, wait why am I the only one caught?! Ah, really!” L yelled with a laugh before chasing after us. I laughed at the 깨알 (Sesame) Player reference as I ran, darting between people and ducking around obstacles. I took a quick peek behind me and saw that he was pretty close behind me. I made a small squeaky noise and put in a little extra burst of speed. Of course, since I was looking behind me, I missed the three steps going down in front of me and fell to my hands and knees at the bottom of said three steps. I stayed on the ground a moment, trying to figure out what happened (my brain was working slow at the time because of the unexpectedness of it all) before L caught up and dropped down beside me. I looked up at his concerned face.

Are you okay?” he asked. I nodded slowly.

Yeah. I guess I should have paid more attention to what was in front of me and not what was behind me,” I said. I started laughing softly. “I knew I was dangerously clumsy, but I didn't think I'd do something so stupid.” L looked relieved that I was okay enough to laugh and make fun of myself. Woohyun and Sungjong ran up just then, looking worried.

Minyoungie, are you okay?” Woohyun asked. I nodded as the three of them helped me up. “What happened?”

I wasn't paying attention and missed the steps completely. And I fell. Don't worry, I'm a natural klutz, I'm used to it,” I said with a shrug, smiling to show I was okay. L made a face of alarm as soon as I was up. I looked at him confused.

Your knees are bleeding,” he said. Sungjong flipped over one of my hands and made a small sound of sympathy.

So are your palms,” he said full of concern. I looked down at both my knees and my palms and, sure enough, they were bleeding. Now that I had noticed them, every scrape stung a little.

Oh. Ow,” I said softly. L led me over to a bench as Sungjong and Woohyun went to find a first-aid kit. L sat me down and then crouched in front of me, brushing some of the rocks and concrete out of my knees. “Don't do that, you'll get your hands all dirty,” I mumbled. He glanced up and me, then went back to brushing my knees off. Once he got what he could out of my knees, he sat beside me and took one of my hands, carefully picking out debris from my palm.

So, you and Sungjong seem close,” he started. “Did you two meet before yesterday?” I shook my head.

Nope, we just met yesterday,” I replied, wincing a little as he pulled out a small, sharp rock that had gone deep into my palm. He switched to my other hand.

You seem the most comfortable with him,” he said, still not really looking at me.

He's a lot like a younger brother to me. I don't really know if he sees me as a sister or not though,” I said with a quick shrug. “To be perfectly honest, I never really paid much attention to him on TV shows or in the music videos.” L looked at me.

Was there anyone in particular who you paid attention to?” he asked, letting me have my hands back. I clasped them palm up on my lap at looked out into the park.

U-um, well, my attention was usually stolen by the other two people in our group...” I muttered softly.

So, Woohyun and I?” he asked to clarify. I nodded slowly, still unable to bring myself to look at him. “Why me?” I shrugged.

Because, when you're not saying anything during interviews, you space out and I find that cute. Plus, you're weird in the most adorable way,” I said with a slight smile. He grinned.

You think I'm weird?”

It's okay, I am too,” I replied quickly.

And you think I'm cute?”

In the same way a derpy kitten is cute when running into a mirror, yes,” I said with a shrug, grinning over at him. He laughed, probably at the mental image I just gave him.

You're right, you are weird,” he said.

I know.”