Getting There

Days of Infinite

 

I held the email that I had printed that morning in my trembling hands as I looked at the building said email had told me to go to. There was a crowd of loud girls cramming the entrance to the building, each standing on tip-toes to see above the girl in front of her. I furrowed my brow in confusion. Were all of these girls here to audition as well? If that was the case... I felt all of my hopes sink into a ball at the pit of my stomach. Carefully, I made my way to the front of the crowd.

Excuse me...Are all of these girls here to audition as well?” I asked timidly, lightly tapping the security guard on the shoulder. The guard looked down at me, then at all of the girls.

Audition?” he asked. I showed him the email from the manager that had told me to be at this building, at this time, on this day. The guard took the paper and read it over. He nodded as if to acknowledge that he read it over and handed it back. It looked to me like he knew more than I did. I was still confused as hell, but what can you do? “Oh, no. These girls are not here to audition, they are just here waiting for a chance to catch even the smallest glance of their famous idols.” I nodded in understanding. I knew just which idols he meant too. “You may go ahead. Go in quickly though, I don't know how long I can keep them back,” he said with a grin to show that he was (mostly) joking. I giggled lightly and went inside.

Once I stepped foot inside, I stopped and looked around carefully. After all, this was Woollim Entertainment (Woollim is Korean for Echo. Cool right?), and I was here to show them what I've got. Which, hopefully, isn't just being dangerously clumsy. I took a deep breath and started walking in a direction I hoped was right to find the room the manager had told me to go to in the email. Of course, he hadn't provided a map, so I was grasping at straws here. A door opened ahead of me while I was making my way down a hallway and someone stepped out quickly. I stopped and stepped back to avoid a direct collision. My eyes widened at the familiar famous face in front of me. He pointed at me, looking clearly dumbfounded.

Who let you in here?” Hoya asked, not in a rude way, but in a genuinely confused manner. It's not like he could mistake me as one of the workers. If someone had my hairstyle, he'd be able to remember it. I had long wavy blonde hair with a dark blue streak twisting behind my left ear. Not really a hair style you see everyday, and not one you would forget if you saw on a worker in your company. I blushed lightly, because that's what my face does when I talk to people I don't really know.

Um, the security guard. I'm here to audition...?” I said, but it sounded more like a question even to my ears. I held out the email for him to see. “U-um, since you're here, could you tell me if I'm going the right way? I'm absolutely terrible with directions...” My voice was soft and I always find it hard to meet the eyes of a stranger, no matter how familiar a stranger they are. Hoya leaned over and read the room number off the page.

Yeah, just go that way, then this way at the next hall and you'll see the number next to the door,” he said, indicating directions with his hand. I nodded and bowed.

Thank you,” I said softly. He smiled at me.

Good luck,” he said. I flashed a quick smile back before bowing once again and going on my way.