Chapter 8.

You Really Never Know What You Have Until It's Gone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunkyung’s POV

 

I stood at the bus stop, under the shade, listening to music. I was 5 minutes early, so I would have to wait a bit for the bus to arrive. I yawned, closing my eyes for a while. Waking up at 8:30am on a Sunday morning isn’t the most pleasant thing ever. What can I do, our instructor wanted a rehearsal today, of all days. I opened my eyes again to see that my bus was approaching. I got ready to get on and took out my bus card. Swiping it once, I walked to the seat that I always chose – right row, center.

I softly hummed to the music, looking out the window. The bus arrived at the next stop, and I checked my watch. Around 10 minutes left till I reach my destination. Sighing, I decided to take a little nap.

I felt someone poke my shoulder, and my eyes instantly snapped open. It was Kai.

 

I immediately smiled at his presence, and moved my bag to let him sit next to me. “Good morning sleepy head.” He chuckled at me rubbing my eyes, and I greeted him in return. “Good morning kkamjong.”

“Don’t call me that.” He flicked my forehead and I stuck my tongue out him.

This morning just got way better.

 

When the bus finally arrived at the stop closest to the dance studio, I got off along with Kai, and walked to the building with him.

“Mr. Kim and Ms. Lee sure know which days to hold a rehearsal.” Kai walked with his arms behind his neck and sighed. It was a sunny and bright day, but I knew most of the students in our class would be sleepy and tired.

We entered the practice hall and saw a few of our dance mates sitting there, stretching. I put away my stuff and quickly joined them, chatting while stretching.

“Do you know what time I slept last night? 3 in the morning!” Jiyoung grumbled while doing a split. “You knew we had rehearsal, why sleep that late?” Yuri asked while flexing her arms.

“I bet she was partying all night long.” I snickered and rotated my neck, loosening up the stiff muscles.

Jiyoung yawned and nodded, “You’re half correct.”

“Then what’s the other half?” Minji butted in with interest. We laughed at the female maknae of our class, always the one with cute antics.

“You wouldn’t want to know Minji ah.” We all burst out laughing, aware that what she did must have not been appropriate for Minji to hear.

“Oh I get it.” Minji sulked by herself and I ruffled her hair. Gosh, she was just adorable.

 

 

Soon enough, the rest of the people from my class piled in, all not very looking their best.

Well, except for Hoya, who was enthusiastic as usual. “Good morning guys!” He waved at us with a bright smile, obviously in the mood to start dancing.

We smiled and greeted him back, but with half the energy he had.

He just chuckled and put on his cap, his favourite cap. Whenever he was in a good mood to dance, he would wear it. “How can you still be energetic at 9 in the morning man…” Taemin held onto Hoya’s shoulders while walking.

Tsk tsk, poor Taemin didn’t get enough sleep huh. 

 

 

I looked around for Sehun, since he was the only one left. As if on cue, he walked into the room, smiling when he caught my attention.

“You’re just on time.” I grinned and he plopped onto the floor beside me, stashing his belongings into his bag.

He sighed and quickly stretched, “Woke up a bit late today. How about you?”

“I was early~” Sehun chuckled and continued stretching, “That’s good.”

 

“Okay, is everyone here yet?” Mr. Kim and Ms. Lee, our dance instructors, came into the huge room. We all stood up and bowed, nodding. No one was late today, thank God.

“Let’s begin then. I’m sure all of you have warmed up already so let’s not waste anytime. We’ll go over the dance once and we’ll fix things bit by bit. Formation please!”

We listened carefully and got into our positions. This was going to be a long morning.

- - - - - - - - -  

“Good work guys. That was a productive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter