Chapter 7.

You Really Never Know What You Have Until It's Gone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s POV

 

“Not a lot of people waiting in line for this ride.” I commented as soon as we arrived at the line for the balloon ride.

“I’m glad, since the wait for one balloon to arrive is really long. We’ll probably be up there for 15 minutes or so. Maybe even longer.” She crossed her arms and shifted weight from one foot to the other.

“We should play ‘I Spy’ while we’re up there.” I joked. “We’d have a great view of everything up there.” She shook her head at my idea, "I'd prefer to relax up there, I'm tired from all the walking." She pulled her phone out, doing who knows what. I skimmed the line of people and estimated the amount of time we would have to wait.

 

“Dude, I dare you to talk to her.”
“You crazy man?”
"Scared?”

 

I turned my head to see three guys around Eunkyung’s age standing behind us, whispering amongst each other. I looked at Eunkyung, she didn’t seem to have heard them. My lips quirked upwards a bit, and I knew exactly what to do.

I carefully wrapped one arm around Eunkyung’s waist, pulling her in towards me so she wasn’t facing the boys behind me. I smirked at Eunkyung who didn’t seem the least bit fazed about what I just did. This is going to be fun.

 

“Is that…boyfriend....no man….”

 

I could make out parts of their conversation, so I leaned in and whispered into Eunkyung’s ear. “You’ve got some admirers behind you.”

“I know.” She cheekily smiled and winked. So she knew that I was just acting, hmph, now to get her to play along.

“Baby, do you want to come over to my house after this?” I spoke to her, loud enough for the boys behind to overhear.

Eunkyung giggled and I almost burst out laughing at her cuteness. “Sure, I’ll stay over tonight since it’s been a while~”

I grinned and she rest her head against my shoulder, making it more obvious that we were a ‘couple’. I think our work here is done.

 

 

“Next please.”

 

Eunkyung and I stepped up into a balloon and the staff shut the door securely. The balloon started to rise until it touched the ceiling, then began to move. It wasn’t too fast, but it wasn’t that slow either.

“Everything looks so pretty from up here.” Eunkyung laughed and looked at the people skating in the ice rink, which looked like ants on a plate of ice.

“If someone jumped down from here, how would that feel?” I muttered at the thought. “Don’t think of those things Sehun!” Eunkyung flicked my cheek annoyingly. “Just saying.” I raised my arms in defense, rubbing my cheek. “And that hurt, you know.”

She stuck her tongue out at me, “Serves you right. Mehrong~”

We sat in comfortable silence for a while, admiring the surroundings beneath us.

 

“What do you think of Miyoung?” Eunkyung broke the silence with a question.

“She seems…. bubbly, friendly and the type of girl I knew Kai would fall for. I can’t be the one to judge since I just met her though.”

To be honest, she was also quite straightforward. Just asking if Eunkyung and I were dating minutes after we met was kind of awkward. It was hilarious, although I was stunned by the question. It might just be me, but when Eunkyung told her we weren’t dating, Miyoung looked a bit disappointed…I’m probably just over thinking things.

“Do you think Kai looks good with her?” Eunkyung asked again, with the same blank expression she had back at the coffee shop. I brought her here to have fun and cheer up, but now she’s giving me that look again.

“Uhhh,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter